Things I hate

Have I mentioned I hate this compression stocking? I hate this stupid, full-leg compression stocking I have to wear for 2 weeks. I hated every second of it when I had to wear it on the other leg for 2 weeks. I hate it for a multitude of reasons: it never stays put, the velcro scratches my skin, it's a nightmare to wear with jeans, etc. And now I also hate it because it keeps yanking off the Steri-strips I have to keep on my leg until Monday. If the strips come off, I have to put bandaids on the healing incision/injection spots. And what are the only bandaids we have in this house small enough to do that?
View attachment 32586
(That line is fading marker, btw.)
Can you wear a layer underneath the compression stocking? Like some sheer stockings or a thin base layer?

Also, I hate people who feel the need to swing out of their lane when making a turn. I hated it before, but I especially hate it now after the car accident. You're not navigating an alley in France, you have plenty of space to make the turn. Learn to drive.

I was stuck in a logging truck protest this morning on the big highway. Huge logging trucks cut us off and slowed down to 20 km/hr and forced us to drive that slow behind them as they blocked both lanes. They had several kilomètres worth of trucks with protest signs lined up along the shoulder.

They nearly caused so many accidents. I was furious.

GasBandit

Staff member
Be fair. I haven't had much cause for that level of swearing since I stopped playing Overwatch :p

Except the first time I had to deal with those $!%!@$& Vexes in minecraft. Those things are just bullshit on toast.

I haven't had much cause for that level of swearing since I stopped playing Overwatch :p.
What I remember most from your OW days is “OMG Delete Mei! DELETE! MEI!”
But I’ve heard you use naughty words a-plenty while playing Empyrion, Killing Floor, and even Jackbox.

—Patrick

layer?
Also, I hate people who feel the need to swing out of their lane when making a turn. I hated it before, but I especially hate it now after the car accident. You're not navigating an alley in France, you have plenty of space to make the turn. Learn to drive.
(ahem) Uh, I only think that's a bad thing when your vehicle isn't, say, a semi truck or a school bus that makes wide turns...?

GasBandit

Staff member
What I remember most from your OW days is “OMG Delete Mei! DELETE! MEI!”
But I’ve heard you use naughty words a-plenty while playing Empyrion, Killing Floor, and even Jackbox.

—Patrick
Some of my best tirades were co-op with Dei and Terrik back in the L4D2 days. I'm still sorry I wasn't recording that day, when I barely limped to safety with 1 HP and Terrik euthanized me.

People who say “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Holidays!” not because they are wishing that your year end well, but because they want to make a point of Publicly Declaring Their Allegiance.

—Patrick

People who say “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Holidays!” not because they are wishing that your year end well, but because they want to make a point of Publicly Declaring Their Allegiance.

—Patrick
While we all know the proper wijn of allegiance is "joyous Yule" or "happy Bubble birthday celebration season".

I hate this time of year, have for a while now. It sucks, because I used to love the holidays. But now it all feels so shallow and lonely.

It really is the loneliest time of the year for many people. I tend to have my lowest dip in November, since about half of the people I care about in my family have died that month.
But you're definitely not alone, and don't you forget it. There are always people who care, even if they sometimes can't show it or you can't see it.:banana:

I hate whenever a picture of a cute dog with cropped ears is posted on imgur, that 1% of the comments will be on what a handsome doggo he is, and 99% will be whining about how cruel cropping ears is and how the owner is a monster for doing it.

I wouldn't crop a dog's ears, because it's pointless cosmetic surgery (usually, there can be a good reason to) but I also don't think someone is the next incarnation of Hitler if they do. The dog might be uncomfortable for a few days but ultimately it's really not going to care. We spay and neuter them and they get over that pretty quick.

It also may have been done before they adopted the dog. The picture doesn’t tell the whole story. I would never declaw a cat and have very strong opinions on declawing outdoors cats, however we took in an outdoor stray who was abandoned and declawed before we met her and made her part of out family.

I would never declaw a cat and have very strong opinions on declawing outdoors cats, however we took in an outdoor stray who was abandoned and declawed before we met her and made her part of out family.
When I had a pair of cats and moved into an apartment, the front office mandated either having them declawed or getting rid of them entirely.
I had them declawed. I felt bad about it, but better than the alternative.

--Patrick

For sure. I may not have been super clear in my post. I was trying to say that people often judge in cases like he was mentioning in those posts and they have no way of knowing the whole story.

Family members who take advantage of others. My parents are on a pension and while they do well, my sister still whines/manipulates them into buying her stuff. She and her husband make so much more than them. It’s gross.

And my mum can’t understand why I insist on paying her for her time and materials when she sews for me....

She’s a professional and material costs money. Of course I’m paying.

Family members who take advantage of others. My parents are on a pension and while they do well, my sister still whines/manipulates them into buying her stuff. She and her husband make so much more than them. It’s gross.

And my mum can’t understand why I insist on paying her for her time and materials when she sews for me....

She’s a professional and material costs money. Of course I’m paying.
I feel your pain. My older brother (he’s 43) gets my parents, who are on a fixed income, to buy him things like plane tickets all the time. He recently convinced them to give him $1000 to buy a used car... but he then chose to use it on “travel expenses” for a trip he chose to take. He’s an irresponsible asshole who knows my parents will always bail him out.

Online recipes. Seriously, I don't give a fuck about your family, or how this recipe brought you together or was smuggled out of Mexico during the Korean war.

Just list the ingredients and steps. Sell your life story some place else.

Online recipes. Seriously, I don't give a fuck about your family, or how this recipe brought you together or was smuggled out of Mexico during the Korean war.

Just list the ingredients and steps. Sell your life story some place else.
I'm a big fan of the RecipeFilter extension/addon by SargeZT for just this reason. It scans through the blog crap and pops up a window with the recipe in it.