[Movies] This is the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else going to see this movie? I loved Pineapple Express and Superbad, so I am rather excited to check it out once I have a chance.

The only thing that weirds me out, is the fact that all the actors play THEMSELVES. It's obvious they are all still exaggerated and characterized, but it's rare to see a whole ensemble cast like that just playing themselves for a whole movie, let alone in a such a fantastical setting as an end of the world movie. I do give them bonus points though for having Emma Watson smash Seth Rogan in the face.

I had no idea this movie existed, but now I want to watch it. Not least because I have a crush on Emma Watson.

My wife says she's ok with the three celebrity crushes I have, because they all pre-date meeting her. Emma Watson, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Takeshi Kaneshiro.

I'm super excited for this one. It's getting pretty decent reviews so far and is being hyped as one of the best horror/comedies this year. Apparently there is a lot of misleading advertising suggesting this film will be light on the gore and scares. Supposedly this is not the case. So thumbs up for that. I've checked out as many trailers and clips as I can find currently. So far my favorite scene available is...

The group trying to exorcise a demon from Jonah Hill.

And I also love the fact that...
this movie is so bold that it kills off a bunch of celebrities right off the bat, such as Michael Cera, Jason Segal, and Rihanna.
My only hiccup is I want to see this with both my wife and my friend. My wife won't leave our 3 month old with the grandparents yet, so that means she's likely out. And I would feel awful seeing it without her. So I may have to sadly wait for it to come out on Bluray.
On that note, OZ coming out on Bluray! It's been a few months, but I finally get to see that little gem.

Okay that Jonah Hill scene I gotta see(mostly because its vaguely similar to a page in my web comic and my insane ego likes to think the screen-writer read my comic).

I saw this.

You should go see it too.

It's one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
This.

I lost shit when

James Franco and Danny McBride lose their shit and McBride goes on a tirade of "I'll cum on ANYTHING!" for a solid minute.

That tears it, I'm gonna go see this movie this week. I've just heard too many good things about it not to.

That being said, the above was the same reason I saw the Hangover, and it still escapes me why people liked that movie :p

Dave

Staff member
I loved the original Hangover movie. They say there's a second and third movie, but that's nothing more than a dirty, dirty lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.