This Rocks / This Sucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
Inspired by the conversation in the Funny Pictures thread, post a song you think rocks as well as a song you think sucks. Let the subjective fighting begin!

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

ugh, fucking Godsmack.

Sin, you are literally the first person online or in person that has said that they disagree with pumped up kicks sucking.

I'll assume that is what you're disagreeing with, because disagreeing with Bowie is just crazytown.

I love that song. I think it's because I never heard it on the radio very much while everywhere else, apparently, over dosed on it.

It's pretty chill, has a dark subject matter and set to soem bounxy music. There have been many evenings I have just kicked back after the chores are done and listened to Foster the People. It just strokes me the same way that AWOLNation does.

Rocks:

The rest of the album, Grand, is seriously awesome as well.

Sucks:

Didn't even make it a full minute into the song due the spectacularly stupid lines as "You could be my black Kate Moss tonight." and "Do anybody make real shit anymore?" (when he's just rapping over a remix of Daft Punk's awesome Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger).

Sin, you are literally the first person online or in person that has said that they disagree with pumped up kicks sucking.

I'll assume that is what you're disagreeing with, because disagreeing with Bowie is just crazytown.
I got your back on that one. That fucking kicks song is like the third song on the radio every hour on the hour here.

ElJuski

Staff member
Disagrees on Foster the People and Lady Gaga; they're both pretty fantastic pop confections, even if they're completely overplayed into the ground. That Foster the People album is pretty much wall to wall pop singles. Good times!

ElJuski

Staff member
Also, in defense of Kanye West (I love how the rocks and sucks are intermingling now mua haha )

ROCKS-

SUCKS-

Rocks: That gotye song

Sucks: the fact that I will, no matter how long my drive, hear it on the radio. Everyday probably twice a day.

Cajungal

Staff member
Disagrees on Foster the People and Lady Gaga; they're both pretty fantastic pop confections, even if they're completely overplayed into the ground. That Foster the People album is pretty much wall to wall pop singles. Good times!
I don't dislike all Lady Gaga... but I really do hate that one, no matter how well-put-together it might be as a pop song.

I don't dislike all Lady Gaga... but I really do hate that one, no matter how well-put-together it might be as a pop song.
I fucking love Lady Gaga. I listen to her regularly, and love just about everything she's done.

But I'm with you on Poker Face. It's the only song of hers I dislike.

Rocks: That gotye song

Sucks: the fact that I will, no matter how long my drive, hear it on the radio. Everyday probably twice a day.
And that's why one of the local stations 'round here switches things up with the CLUB MIXXXXXX.

HANDCLAPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.