Three Good Things About the Day

Facebook Memories is showing posts from a few years ago when I was doing "3 good things about today" as part of the therapy I was doing at the time. So I started doing it again on Facebook. Don't know if I'll keep on it every day, but I'll do today. Thought maybe we could do kind of a thread game of it. The idea behind "3 good things" is just writing down three good things that happened by the end of the day. It doesn't have to be anything big. I can be something as little as making the bed or taking a shower.

So, for me, for today (November 1, 2021):

1) Biked downtown to see a new psychologist. And biked home. That's about 10km each way.

2) New psychologist is wonderful. First counselor of any kind I've met that actually divulged some personal information about himself. He believes in creating a dialogue between patience and doctor that is like a professional relationship. It's...refreshing.

3) Discovered some new places online for cat adoptions. I'm on the verge of adopting a bonded pair of male cats.

1 I went out and got us a new adjustable bed. This is a huge deal for me as my neck, spine and SI joints are a mess from my AS and sleeping flat is almost impossible. I am getting by on a few hours of broken sleep a night. My best sleep ever is in my camping hammock. When I tried the bed today and adjusted it, I was pain free without meds. I am way overdue for a real sleep. And the mattresses were almost 60% off. Yay!

2 I found the most adorable Animal Crossing led light up sign for my daughter’s room. A gift from Santa I guess. She will be thrilled! I was looking for sheets, but this was a much better find.

3 I had to delay my one of my monthly biologics for a week due to my third covid vaccine. This biologic prevents my chronic hives and waiting a week means I am covered in them. I have never been so happy to get my injections.

1. Took the day off to get my second COVID shot.

2. I made pumpkin risotto for dinner so my wife didn't have to cook when she came home.

3. I started playing Animal Crossing, seems relaxing so far.

1) Remembered to get my missing Overwatch skins before the event ended.
2) Edited kid's costume pic.
3) Moved the boiler temp up from "Fall" to "Ok FINE I guess it's Winter now."

--Patrick

Last edited:
1) Went to the gym, and worked out with a personal trainer for the first time in... 7+ years.
2) Soaked in a hot tub after said workout, and was able to wash my hair in the shower without too much pain or stiffness.
3) May have found an interesting job worth applying for.

1. It's a gorgeous day in SK today, with nary a frost giant in site.
2. I'm going to play Valheim with my boo later this evening. We might even find a sea serpent.
3. I'm training a new co-worker today, who actually seems to have it together.
3b. I'm not struggling to breath today.

Reactions: Cat