Tinwhistler tries cocktails

A while back, I got "The Dungeonmeister" for Christmas. It's a D&D themed cocktail book. And, since I have a lot more space in this house that I have all to myself, I figured I'd build out the shelves in the dining room to be my cocktail bar. I still need quite a few liqueurs but I have most of the basics here and can make about 12-15 cocktails in the book with what I have on hand.
1673399149032.png

And, of course, I've been making cocktails. The Point Blank Shot (gin, whiskey and lemon)
1673399210722.png

The Twin Strike (vodka, lime juice, triple sec)
1673399242684.png

And tonight: Faerie Fire (blue curacao, gin, vermouth, orange juice, silver luster dust)
1673399281498.png

So far, they've all been tasty

Feel up to a challenge?

I'll probably come back and revisit these when I'm done churning through this book. Being a matrix, it seems like it'd be simple to churn through a lot of options without a big outlay of cash for specialty stuff. ;)

Today's libation: A Gnomish Gnightcap. Gin, Vermouth, Campari. I'm noticing a *lot* of the drinks in this book are basically "A martini with a bit of something added". Which I'm 100% down for.

1673917239176.png

The "Sneak Attack"
White rum, cherry cordial, cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice blended into a frozen drink.
1673994477323.png

Very tasty, not very boozy tasting. I could probably down these back-to-back. Which makes it have a good name, because there's like 3oz of booze in it. It will definitely sneak up on you.

The "Sneak Attack"
White rum, cherry cordial, cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice blended into a frozen drink.
View attachment 43651

Very tasty, not very boozy tasting. I could probably down these back-to-back. Which makes it have a good name, because there's like 3oz of booze in it. It will definitely sneak up on you.
Oh yeah, that's one of those "Let's get the 18 year odl girl drunk without her noticing" cocktails. There's quite a few of those where the object really seems to be "make it taste like anything but alcohol so they'll keep over before figuring out how much more alcohol is in this than in what you're drinking yourself".

Yummy, though.

I half-expect it would come with a maraschino cherry at that point.

--Patrick
A lot of these are supposed to have some kind of fruit garnish, but no cherry yet. But as I'm only having one drink a day or so, I foresaw a lot of tossed out, partially consumed fruit pieces. So I haven't bothered.

I've never had it before, but the melon and mint made this super summery and refreshing feeling.
Whenever we went camping, we would mix it with Cran-Raspberry. The red and green colors combine to make a sort of brown, and the two are already quite sweet to begin with... but to me, it tastes like Summer and hiking and campfires and laying out in the sun and so on. Tastes good with a little Sprite/7-Up added, too.

--Patrick

1d3 Minstrels. Ardbeg Wee Beastie, Tullemore Dew, Wild Turkey.

'Minstrels' to me implies light and festive. Nope. This was more like 'the three horsemen'. Three because Death isn't in the glass-- he's on your shoulder cackling 'This is what i taste like!'

20230122_134634.jpg

This one was called Electrum Piece. 50/50 red bull (which is goldish in color) and goldschlager. Which makes sense as electrum is 50/50 gold/silver in D&D. But all I had was Monster Zero Ultra, so it's silver/silver instead. In .gif format because the pearl luster dust is what really makes it shine. It was a lot tastier than I expected.

01-24-2023 electrum 2.gif

Last edited: