Top Gun

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Top Gun

Tagline: Up there with the best of the best.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]War[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Tony Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kelly McGillis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Val Kilmer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Edwards[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Skerritt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Ironside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Stockwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barry Tubb[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rick Rossovich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Robbins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Meg Ryan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Whip Hubley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adrian Pasdar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Tolkan[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1986-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]110[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]For Lieutenant Pete Mitchell and his friend and Co-Pilot Nick Bradshaw being accepted into an elite training school for fighter pilots is a dream come true. In the training Pete falls madly in love with one of his instructors named Charlie. Yet life isn’t all roses, Pete’s friend Nick has a fatal plane crash that tests Pete’s will to continue his training.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I've watched this movie dozens upon dozens of times (love the movie, don't care that Cruise grew up to be a douche nozzle, it's not relevant to my enjoyment of the film), and I never knew Goose's real name.

Oh yes.

I also always have to remind people Goose was married to a cute young Meg Ryan.
And that Tim Robbins was flying with them.

Like Gared I watched the shit out of this movie and it still has a lot of great cool and funny moments.
Man, propaganda movies, they don't make 'em like that any more.
Mindless Jingoism and Machoism, and that movie is still better than all the Michael Bay crap these days.

Oh man, I caught about an hour of this last weekend. I forgot how terrible the acting was.

But what really pissed me off, was a training scene where the instructor was chasing Maverick through a canyon and then past a few jagged hills... then Maverick gets disqualified for chasing the instructor later below 10,000 feet. I mean good god, they were below 500 feet for several minutes at the beginning...

Yes, I've never seen this movie.
I have seen Iron Eagle, though. Does that count as mindless propaganda/jingoism?

--Patrick