Town Covers Up Gang Rape to Protect High School Football Season

Zappit

Staff member
Just horrifying details on how virtually the entire town of Steubenville, Ohio is covering up a gang rape because it involved members of the high school football team.

http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawst...-ohio-gang-rape-case,50e59189d7fc7b5670d303c3

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/nati...us-hacking-file-steubenville-rape-crew/60502/

If not for Anonymous, this case would never even see the light of day. The two suspects were transferred to juvenile court, and the team's coach has connections to that court. He's even employed as a mediator there. He is also friends with the police chief. The details collected by the hackers and released through Live Leak, and the information gathered by journalists in incredibly damning. It seems clear that while an assault sure as hell took place, and the little bastards who committed the crime are actually proud of it and brag, that the adults in power in Steubenville have no intention to do anything about it. The high school football team is untouchable, and the players know it.

Anonymous has threatened more action against those involved if they do not fess up in front of the evidence quickly piling up. So far, they've made good on their threats. Unless the Feds step in, they might be the only ones who will act.

Well...thank you Anonymous. I don't agree with every thing they do but dammit if they weren't on the side of justice this time. Jesus fucking fuck, people are awful.

I watched the video where these kids were joking about the event. I think the one kid is a sociopath. He showed absolutely no remorse for what he did, even when one of his own friends interjected and asked him to stop with the rape jokes.

Were they asking him to stop with the rape jokes because they were in poor taste, or did they ask him to stop talking about the rape because it might incriminate them?

I ask because I haven't seen the video, nor do I want to, but maybe they're all sociopaths, except one of them is a particularly dumb one.

Were they asking him to stop with the rape jokes because they were in poor taste, or did they ask him to stop talking about the rape because it might incriminate them?

I ask because I haven't seen the video, nor do I want to, but maybe they're all sociopaths, except one of them is a particularly dumb one.
Poor taste, I guess. The guy was in the background somewhere and told the kid to stop and how would he feel if he had a daughter and this happened to her.

And poor taste are hardly the words to describe it.

Poor taste, I guess. The guy was in the background somewhere and told the kid to stop and how would he feel if he had a daughter and this happened to her.

And poor taste are hardly the words to describe it.
Yeah I was trying to find a better phrase to describe it, but went with poor taste in the end.

It's barbaric and these same people are the types that blame the victim. I'm just thankful that with birth control and other methods of contraceptive, rape isn't as viable of a reproductive method as it has been in the past, so these kinds of creatures will not reproduce as often.

This is probably the worst abuse I've heard, but it's pretty routine for hotshot high school athletes to get things like free cars, out of trouble with the law, and to not have to attend class (or at least it was a decade back when I was still in school). It's basically seen as the only way these kids will ever succeed at life and their parents/the community will do whatever it takes to help them, as long is brings in money and attention.

Really, professional athletes are Ohio's third largest export, after Astronauts and crippling depression.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sadly, I don't think this is the first gang rape to be covered up in the name of football. I seem to recall that it happened in an east Texas town about a decade ago. Maybe that was just a single assailant, though.

Oh God. This is sad, disgusting and... unbelievable. It seems like it was taken from a movie :/

EDIT:

Ugh, the part about the coach saying she must've made it up... I have no adjectives for it.

Too many parents and other people of authority find it hard to see their little snowflake as the monster that they are.

Why is it up to the coach to discipline the kids. His only responsibility is to co-operate with the investigation.

You don't have to cut a kid if he's sitting in jail.

This just makes me sick. Absolutely sick. I don't even have the words to convey how horrible this situation is. Not only the monsters who perpetrated it but the idiots trying to cover it all up.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think I might be (well, and Charlie) the only person in Texas who isn't absolutely psychotic from my brain being cooked by football fever due to overdoses of direct intravenous pigskin injections. When I first heard about this story I thought "goddamn it, Texas, here we go again" but to my surprise it wasn't...

I watched the video where these kids were joking about the event. I think the one kid is a sociopath. He showed absolutely no remorse for what he did, even when one of his own friends interjected and asked him to stop with the rape jokes.
I'm firmly convinced that all humans start out as sociopaths, and it is only through forceful, effective parenting that these tiny monsters ever hope to function in society without being let off the metaphorical choke chain of immediate negative consequences. Unfortunately, that's getting to be more and more rare as time goes on.

evil-baby-closeup.jpg

"If I could smother you in your sleep and take what I want, I would, but I haven't developed the manual dexterity yet. The clock is ticking on teaching me right from wrong. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."

I think I might be (well, and Charlie) the only person in Texas who isn't absolutely psychotic from my brain being cooked by football fever due to overdoses of direct intravenous pigskin injections. When I first heard about this story I thought "goddamn it, Texas, here we go again" but to my surprise it wasn't...
As a native from California where no one gave a shit about football, I had to start pretending I knew what was going on half the time because some people can be downright insulted if you don't. When that guy in the burnt orange hummer wearing a jersey asks you if you were excited about the big game, just say "Yes! Totally! Hook'em!".

Also, never say anything positive about Aggies. They will never find your body.

As for the original article, it's downright sickening.

This is so terrible I can't even make a Friday Night Lights joke or reference.

Seriously. I almost feel like I'm gonna throw up.

I'm firmly convinced that all humans start out as sociopaths, and it is only through forceful, effective parenting that these tiny monsters ever hope to function in society without being let off the metaphorical choke chain of immediate negative consequences. Unfortunately, that's getting to be more and more rare as time goes on.

View attachment 9585

"If I could smother you in your sleep and take what I want, I would, but I haven't developed the manual dexterity yet. The clock is ticking on teaching me right from wrong. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."
I live in Texas and I don't like football

Necronic

Staff member
Well, if there are serious enough accusations of prosecutorial misconduct (either w/ DA or Sherriff) then its safe to bet that the Justice Department (or State equivalent) will start looking into it. It's kind of good to know that we do have a system that can stop this stuff when it gets out there.

Some of the defenses being made by people there are just apalling though.

Edit: One possible punishment for this town would be to convince John McAffee to come there and "find out the truth, no matter what".

Liking or not liking football doesn't enter into, to my mind, though. I mean, the guy next to me may be "the Dalai Lama meets Stephen Hawking, my brother in law, rich and about to give me money", but if he rapes a girl, I'm still not going to let it pass.
Those covering it up because they thought there was genuinely nothing going on/victim blaming, are idiots. Those covering it up because they thought football was more important than a girl (or more) being raped, can go and get a lifelong ban on football, a chemical castration, and 25 years of community services along with those star football players that did it (if they did, of course - I fully believe the sheriff and DA were hiding what happened, but I'll wait for a court to speak on this instead of just accepting and believing anything Anonymous says, too), whose castrations don't have to be chemical for all I care.

a chemical castration, and 25 years of community services along with those star football players that did it (if they did, of course - I fully believe the sheriff and DA were hiding what happened, but I'll wait for a court to speak on this instead of just accepting and believing anything Anonymous says, too), whose castrations don't have to be chemical for all I care.

This is utterly barbaric and makes you look as bad as the rapists. This is why the US has a "cruel and unusual punishment" thing in the Constitution.

This is utterly barbaric and makes you look as bad as the rapists. This is why the US has a "cruel and unusual punishment" thing in the Constitution.
*yawn* and not being able to recognise hyperbole makes you an idiot who can easily "counter" any argument by thinking everyone is either an extreme hippie or an extreme fascist, and thus only fighting those extremes. I don't think people should be castrated; on the other hand, just last month a couple was convicted in Belgium for prostituting their 12 y/o twins. They got heavy prison time and fines....for not declaring the income on their tax returns. For child abuse, prostitution, inciting to abuse, and so on? Eh, 2 years. That not a just justice system makes.

Tell us Charlie, what punishment is fitting for crimes of this nature? Pat on the back? Slap on the wrist? A stern lecture? Yeah, a stern lecture with lots of finger pointing and hand waving... that should do the trick.

As far as I'm concerned these little bastards should be locked up and have the key thrown away... and the adults protecting them can have the same damn thing.

*yawn* and not being able to recognise hyperbole makes you an idiot who can easily "counter" any argument by thinking everyone is either an extreme hippie or an extreme fascist, and thus only fighting those extremes. I don't think people should be castrated; on the other hand, just last month a couple was convicted in Belgium for prostituting their 12 y/o twins. They got heavy prison time and fines....for not declaring the income on their tax returns. For child abuse, prostitution, inciting to abuse, and so on? Eh, 2 years. That not a just justice system makes.

To be fair, I didn't think you were using hyperbole, but then I've come to expect these kinds of revenge fantasies in cases like this.

Tell us Charlie, what punishment is fitting for crimes of this nature? Pat on the back? Slap on the wrist? A stern lecture? Yeah, a stern lecture with lots of finger pointing and hand waving... that should do the trick.

As far as I'm concerned these little bastards should be locked up and have the key thrown away... and the adults protecting them can have the same damn thing.
let's try something new: rehabilitation