Transformers Forum

Dave

Staff member
Some of you sharp-eyed people might notice that there's a new forum in the Forum Stuff area. Zappit asked if I could create one since there seems to be a couple of fandom areas where women are being harassed. So I created that for them. So if you see it or any new faces, greet them with open arms. They've already seen some shit. It may take off, it may die. But I wanted to give them the option.

Oh, and for the time being at least, @Zappit is the undisputed ruler there. Well, other than Gas or myself.

Some of you sharp-eyed people might notice that there's a new forum in the Forum Stuff area. Zappit asked if I could create one since there seems to be a couple of fandom areas where women are being harassed. So I created that for them. So if you see it or any new faces, greet them with open arms. They've already seen some shit. It may take off, it may die. But I wanted to give them the option.

Oh, and for the time being at least, @Zappit is the undisputed ruler there. Well, other than Gas or myself.
Is this for Bay's Transformers, the comics, the books, or about people who are transforming themselves? Are we still allowed to say most of Bay's movies are trash, or do we have to pretend they're artistic masterpieces for the time being?
Just want to make sure I'm being the right kind of polite :p

Dave

Staff member
Not sure, honestly. Probably the fandom as a whole. So I have put in a bunch of potential tags that should encompass anything. I can always add more.

Is it supposed to be opt-in? It's not immediately visible for new sign-ups that way, but that might also be a conscious decision to mask it from whatever misogynistic asshats are following people around.

Dave

Staff member
Moved it under Topics instead of Forum Stuff. A lot of the permissions are inherited from the upper level.

How open/closed will it be (or is it intended to be atm)? How far are we already supposed to "populate" it by asking leading questions? Can anyone open all the threads they want, or will it be more "controlled" with threads as being created now and more-or-less only those, perhaps even closed top-level creation?

I know absolutely nothing about the Transformers (except that Beast Wars was a great way to waste 30 minutes before starting homework), just want to know. Should we leave off until some Transfans start showing up? Or should we make them feel unwelcome with our Very Special Brand of humor? :-P

Zappit

Staff member
You’ll be able to talk about anything Transformers there. You’re free to create threads. I’m probably going to pin a few threads for some more popular topics, but that’s about it.

I’m going to start sending out invitations to Transformer fans I’ve encountered, so hopefully they’ll be showing up in the next couple days.

Is there a way to mark the Transformers-specific threads in the beginning of the title, like we do with [Brazelton]? It might just be me, but I got a little confused when I saw the threads in my Recently Updated feed. (I caught on when I saw things like Cyberverse.) It could just be the luddite that I am, but it would be helpful so it shows they're not regular Halforums threads.

Is there a way to mark the Transformers-specific threads in the beginning of the title, like we do with [Brazelton]? It might just be me, but I got a little confused when I saw the threads in my Recently Updated feed. (I caught on when I saw things like Cyberverse.) It could just be the luddite that I am, but it would be helpful so it shows they're not regular Halforums threads.
I was sitting here thinking wtf is masterpiece?