Former President Trump Thread

It's the same concept behind finding out Lindsey Graham allegedly hires callboys. Shaming him for using prostitutes, or for being in the closet is just a slap in the face to people who are gay, or do work in prostitution. You are attacking them as much as you are attacking the person you intend to attack. Attack their actions, not their traits. Unless you are attacking their evilness, which is fine.

Much like slut shaming is enforcing a double standard that it's ok for men to sleep around, but if a woman doesn't dedicate herself to one man, she's less of a person.

Could he please magic away a few other pesky things while he’s at it?
Post automatically merged:

PS - I find it hilarious that I’m responding to a post that you made while I was just downstairs talking to you about animal crossing.

IMO the Lindsey Graham one is a bit different since he's fought against gay rights.
It's not different. You should not shit on him for being gay, because there's nothing wrong with being gay. You shit on him for the way he treats other people.

NYC is going to write "Black Lives Matter" across 5th Avenue, right in front of Trump Tower. Now we just need to change the street to Barack Obama Ave and the trolling will be complete.

I can't imagine New York ever changing a street from the number that they use for their grid. Do they give streets honorary names?

I don't know why but I have the feeling he will suddenly visit his good friend Putin and decide to stay there.
Nah. You want to be pissed off, imagine the following scenario:

1) Biden wins.
2) Trump accepts that he lost and leaves office as normal
3) The Biden administration decides not to pursue any charges against anyone form the trump administration so "the country can heal any move on."

You may remember such atrocities from "Obama 2008."

1) Biden wins.
3) The Biden administration decides not to pursue any charges against anyone form the trump administration so "the country can heal any move on."

Number 1 and 3 are possible. Number 2 will never happen. His Ego won't let him

1) Biden wins.

IMO this is the best case scenario. Not because it's what I want to happen, but I'm already pretty sure that's what Biden will do if he wins and Trump leaves peacefully.

Dave

Staff member
He'll leave but then he'll write books and try to make as much money as possible riling up his base with "illegal voting" and "Russian interference against him" nonsense.

This is why I hope they don't let him off the hook. He walks away from this he will not only stolen from us all, but will live the rest of his life continuing as a wealthy man just from feeding his base. Might even get a show on Fox News.

I bet he'll buy that news network that's always kissing his ass. Not Fox, but the other, smaller, more insane news network.

I REALLY want to believe he'll be properly arrested and tried for all his crimes, but that's probably being naive.

I bet he'll buy that news network that's always kissing his ass. Not Fox, but the other, smaller, more insane news network.

I REALLY want to believe he'll be properly arrested and tried for all his crimes, but that's probably being naive.
OAN? Eh, why bother, just start Trump News Network. Give Ivanka a good base for 2028 or 2032.
I expect him to leave peacefully, but using literally every dog-bell-and-whistle he can to make sure it doesn't stay peaceful.

Trump finally swallowed his pride and supported mask use. He argued he does not want to make it "mandatory" but he too dense to realize it was his waffling on the whole thing that made it a political football and caused the problem in the first place. We wouldn't have needed to make it mandatory if people just wore them when they couldn't socially distance themselves as the norm.

figmentPez

Staff member
He argued he does not want to make it "mandatory" but he too dense to realize it was his waffling on the whole thing that made it a political football and caused the problem in the first place.
I disagree, he absolutely knows that he made this problem. He knows he could have gotten his followers to wear masks without making it mandatory. He did this on purpose. I don't know why he's doing it, but he knew the harm it would do, and he purposefully did it anyway. Maybe he's a sadist, and just likes knowing people are dying. Maybe he's been told to do it by some foreign power. Maybe he's doing it because he thinks the country will be easier to control if more people are dying. He could have any number of motivations, but he knows the control he has over his base, he knows he made it a political issue, and he knows that masks would slow the spread of COVID-19 (if he didn't, he wouldn't be insisting that those around him wear masks).

This isn't some brilliant puppet master manipulation on his part. It's just him stirring the pot, as always. He looks for opportunities to stir up animosity between his followers and his opposition. This was a pretty blatantly obvious chance for Republicans to champion "liberty" and "freedom" while not actually giving either.

I disagree, he absolutely knows that he made this problem. He knows he could have gotten his followers to wear masks without making it mandatory. He did this on purpose. I don't know why he's doing it, but he knew the harm it would do, and he purposefully did it anyway.
I would say that he was setting up a state of emergency to use as an excuse to postpone elections, but honestly I've never seen anything from him that indicates an ability to plan beyond the next three words.

Dave

Staff member
I disagree, he absolutely knows that he made this problem. He knows he could have gotten his followers to wear masks without making it mandatory. He did this on purpose. I don't know why he's doing it, but he knew the harm it would do, and he purposefully did it anyway. Maybe he's a sadist, and just likes knowing people are dying. Maybe he's been told to do it by some foreign power. Maybe he's doing it because he thinks the country will be easier to control if more people are dying. He could have any number of motivations, but he knows the control he has over his base, he knows he made it a political issue, and he knows that masks would slow the spread of COVID-19 (if he didn't, he wouldn't be insisting that those around him wear masks).

This isn't some brilliant puppet master manipulation on his part. It's just him stirring the pot, as always. He looks for opportunities to stir up animosity between his followers and his opposition. This was a pretty blatantly obvious chance for Republicans to champion "liberty" and "freedom" while not actually giving either.
I'll say it again: Covid was a problem to the White House until they found out that it was predominantly affecting democratic voters. The cities, minorities, etc. But now that it going to urban areas and mostly red states, it's a problem again.