Former President Trump Thread

I'll say it again: Covid was a problem to the White House until they found out that it was predominantly affecting democratic voters. The cities, minorities, etc. But now that it going to urban areas and mostly red states, it's a problem again.
I'm sure many of them also saw it as a direct manifestation of Divine Judgement winnowing the White wheat from the chaff and so decided not to interfere with what must clearly be God's Will.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
@Tress I don't know what you need explained, but I'm just baffled at "Love is..." making a political statement. Usually it's banal and it's greatest offense is blandly reinforcing gender stereotypes. Is this a last desperate cry for attention from a strip that was losing relevance even before newspapers were?

I dunno. It isn't specifying which side it's on or anything, is it? You can read that just as much as Trumpists looking at CNN as leftists looking at Fox.
I think everyone has the feeling we're being inundated with a lot of fake news these days, it's a general feeling of loss of trust and faith.

While people on "the left" know fox is fake news, you don't hear it explicitly called that. Fake News is definitely a republican term.
Maybe. It isn't around here, honestly, both sides throw it around, but I'm willing to believe it's a right wing term in the USA.

While people on "the left" know fox is fake news, you don't hear it explicitly called that. Fake News is definitely a republican term.
1594211436410.png

I mean, there's this as an example, but I agree that it's nowhere near the rallying cry from conservatives trying to shut down anything that they don't agree with.

Dave

Staff member
I've never heard of "Love Is", and now I can quickly forget it exists.
When I was a kid there was a "Love Is" contest where you wrote a saying and then one of their artists would do the artwork for it. My sister won. So there's a picture that I have somewhere of my mom and my siblings and I walking happily through the street. I think she won $50.