Former President Trump Thread

Like mentioned, even if Trump cancelled the election, he wouldn't be able to hold office after January without being re-elected. They would have to alter the Twenty Second Amendment or actually carry out a full on military coup to alter that. Considering how much the military is distancing itself from Trump these days, it's unlikely they would help him stay in office.

I know people cite the annulments clause and all that, and how he does not really follow the constitution much anyways, but we as a country take the amendments way, WAY more seriously then the original document, so it's unlikely congress and the supreme court would give him a pass.

All of his "mail voting leads to fraud" combined with his ever - repeating pattern of accusing others of what he's doing himself make me far more worried that he'll try to stay in the WH by massive-scale fraud.

I don't mean this in a terribly tinfoil-hat way, but.... it wouldn't be beyond him.
Conservatives make up about 45-50% of the population. Trumpists make up around 35% of the population. Frankly, deeply conservative voices matters so much in the USA - more than the liberal voice, it seems - is through a combination of the EC, gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter intimidation, voter disenfranchisement, and a continuous stream of corporate misinformation. By which I don't mean all conservatives are misinformed - it's perfectly possible to be smart, well-informed, and conservative.
Trump won the 2016 elections in part by Russian interference, releasing (often false) intel on Clinton at strategic moments. He tried to get Ukrain and China to meddle in 2020 - and Russia definitely will. Considering the elections are won by just a few thousand votes one way or another (remember Al Gore? Bush won that election by, what, 15 votes in one county in Florida? To be slightly exagerating) - no matter the millions in the popular vote difference - either Russia or just plain the Trump campaign making sure a bunch of votes can't be counted or aren't properly counted in strategic states wouldn't be out of scope. If mail trucks start disappearing in Wisconsin, well,....

Last edited:
All of his "mail voting leads to fraud" combined with his ever - repeating pattern of accusing others of what he's doing himself make me far more worried that he'll try to stay in the WH by massive-scale fraud.

I don't mean this in a terribly tinfoil-hat way, but.... it wouldn't be beyond him.
Conservatives make up about 45-50% of the population. Trumpists make up around 35% of the population. Frankly, deeply conservative voices matters so much in the USA - more than the liberal voice, it seems - is through a combination of the EC, gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter intimidation, voter disenfranchisement, and a continuous stream of corporate misinformation. By which I don't mean all conservatives are misinformed - it's perfectly possible to be smart, well-informed, and conservative.
Trump won the 2016 elections in part by Russian interference, releasing (often false) intel on Clinton at strategic moments. He tried to get Ukrain and China to meddle in 2020 - and Russia definitely will. Considering the elections are won by just a few thousand votes one way or another (remember Al Gore? Bush won that election by, what, 15 votes in one county in Florida? To be slightly exagerating) - no matter the millions in the popular vote difference - either Russia or just plain the Trump campaign making sure a bunch of votes can't be counted or aren't properly counted in strategic states wouldn't be out of scope. If mail trucks start disappearing in Wisconsin, well,....
I've been advocating for dropping off at the local drop sites rather than mailing the ballot. There are 9 locations in Milwaukee pretty spread out.

He won't cancel the election because the press coverage would make him look like he can't win. He'll do what he can to suppress votes and rig it as much as possible but he won't cancel the election.

Is that for real or a nicely photoshopped joke?
Last week the owner of Goya stumped for cheeto saying how blessed everyone was to have him for their president.

So naturally everyone is boycotting Goya now, so its damage control time.

download.jpeg

Both pictures being illegal just gives us more for the pile.

I am much more disturbed by the marketing the Trump's are doing than the CEO of Goya being a pawn int Trump's charity photo op. The boycott is stupid, though. Save that outrage for police brutality and idiots denying the plague.

I am much more disturbed by the marketing the Trump's are doing than the CEO of Goya being a pawn int Trump's charity photo op. The boycott is stupid, though. Save that outrage for police brutality and idiots denying the plague.
Whoa whoa whoa there. That might require action or actual investment on my part. Not buying a particular brand of beans for a few days/weeks is about the amount of effort I'm willing to do.

Not buying beans doesn't really require extra effort and I think it's silly to act like you can only do one thing at a time.

The thing that gets me most about the Goya situation, locally at least, is that we're still limited to one can of beans per purchase, and one bag of rice. So we couldn't stock up on Goya to show how much we loved them if we wanted to, if we loved them.

Now being revealed that cheeto tossed his campaign manager not for the abysmal performances but because he is nailing cheetos mistress on the sly.

"The only guarantee of this presidency is that tomorrow will be worse."

"How dare you cheat on your wife with the same woman I'm cheating on my wife with!"
Probably worried he's going to steal his parking spot next.

--Patrick

Trump and Ivanka were responding to the outrage in the first place to stir up their base. They want people paying attention to this and know the ethics violations will get another pass. This is the kind of drama perfectly suited to Trump because he won't get any hard questions on it

Trump and Ivanka were responding to the outrage in the first place to stir up their base. They want people paying attention to this and know the ethics violations will get another pass. This is the kind of drama perfectly suited to Trump because he won't get any hard questions on it
So just ignore everything and never speak out because fuck it they are going to break the law anyways?

So just ignore everything and never speak out because fuck it they are going to break the law anyways?
I'm only talking about the outrage that prompted the ethics violations. I am also angry at the ethics violations. The presidency should not favor ANY business over another.

No, the outrage at Goya praising Trump while donating food and money to a worthy cause that started all of this is what we are talking about. None of this should have even been a news item.

Remember when Trump referred to all Mexicans except "a few of them, I expect," as rapists and bad hombres? That's what people are outraged about. That a company that for decades called itself a champion of the Mexican people, who Trump has repeatedly, tirelessly, and un-endingly cast as horrible gang-raping psychopaths that were trying to invade our country by the caravan-full, whose horrific rhetoric directly led someone to drive 11 hours across Texas to kill 23 Hispanic-Americans in a WalMart because Trump told his followers that Caravans full of Mexicans were coming to steal their jobs and healthcare; would then turn around and throw their full endorsement behind the very man who said and did all of that to those Mexican people they've been pretending to be the champions of for all this time. Hispanic people and those that love and support them have every reason to be pissed off at that CEO.

Edit: I will, however, greatly concede the fact that all of the righteous indignation tends to be wasted when, two days later, the dipshit president whose benefit this was all for has already moved on to the fact that until he was president there wasn't enough water to shower or run a dishwasher in America - but other places, they have rain and know what to do with it.

Last edited:
That's just... What? I'm completely lost with that.
And at the same time, it makes perfect sense.
"all those pesky rules and regulations", "Washington trying to decide/regulate everything", etc etc, it rings very true for a LOT of people.
The amount of people here who complain about "Brussels" always trying to force people to change habits, to force green and expensive stuff etc... Yeah.

That's just... What? I'm completely lost with that.
And at the same time, it makes perfect sense.
"all those pesky rules and regulations", "Washington trying to decide/regulate everything", etc etc, it rings very true for a LOT of people.
The amount of people here who complain about "Brussels" always trying to force people to change habits, to force green and expensive stuff etc... Yeah.
The point is the man is a walking word salad and people think he's the Messiah on high come to save them all.