Former President Trump Thread

I think he's just realized how badly he's doing and he's letting the country know that if he's going down he's taking us all with him.

Dave

Staff member
His rich friends will now go on a buying spree so that when he tweets his next big thing or reverses course and the stock market rises, they make a killing. Not planned at all. Nope.

I'd be inclined to agree but I think he's truly lost it. I could see him changing his mind just because he's irrational right now though.

Is he just doubling down on his efforts to lose?
He realizes his campaign is tanking, and even the goodwill he could have gotten from catching COVID is in the shitter because he couldn't sit in a hospital room for a week.

Right now, the best thing he thinks he can do is get that judge on the Supreme Court ASAP, then tank the economy so that it takes close to a decade to recover (if it ever does), then rage and rage how the economy only sucks because of Biden's failures. This is pretty much the playbook they did after 2008, when Obama was handed a disaster of an economy due to the failure of banks and poor GOP regulations, a failure that took him years to improve and ultimately lead to him losing the House in 2012 and the Senate in 2014, which only exasperated the problem. Yet he still brought us out of a terrible economy, only for Trump to take all the credit a literal week after he took office, because of course.

Another thing to note is Trump is technically holding the whole country hostage. He says he won't consider a stimulus till "after I win" which basically implies if he loses, he won't consider another stimulus at all until he is out in January.

He’s literally fucked in the head. I dont know how much of it is the drugs he’s on but there is no way he should have been given his real phone back.

I'm long passed the point where I actively check to see what he's saying all the time, but when the timeline is all like "man trump is going crazy right now" I can't not look.

Called it.
I mean, it's what they always do anyway, regardless of what causes it.

(That link's not exactly the one I was looking for, but it'll do. I know I posted about it before (but can't find it right now) about the ups and downs of the market being like a flood level where lower- and middle-class people will drown, and when people get far enough below the surface, the pressure forces them to sell off possessions/stock/whatever in order to stay afloat, and people rich enough to have cash on hand are always RIGHT THERE to snap up the fire sale)

--Patrick

Last edited:
The hope I feel whenever I see a new post in this thread hoping against hope: "is the fucker dead?!?" is a strange thing.
Like, I feel like I should feel bad wishing for the death of another person. But... *gestures wildly*... he's got a LOT of blood on his hands.

The hope I feel whenever I see a new post in this thread hoping against hope: "is the fucker dead?!?" is a strange thing.
I've thought about how I'll find out if he dies. Like it probably will be a message from a friend but it could be a random scroll on the timeline. This place seems a bit unlikely though. If it happens everyone is going to be talking about it everywhere.

Oh, he's got to die sometime. In office, in a cell, in a home, whatever. I don't really care where/when it happens, I just don't want his death making him into some kind of martyr for his faithful.

--Patrick

There's also the theory that republicans are now operating under the assumption that they're gonna lose and just want America to be as damaged as possible for Biden.
They just can't see past the ends of their noses, can they? Don't they realize the next election is in TWO years, and not four?
But I suppose this is the same mentality that thinks we should destroy all unsold product, throw away all unsold food, or force people to mortgage the majority of their future because HEAVEN FORBID anyone ever get anything "for free."

--Patrick

No its their strategy. "Look how bad everything is! This is 100% because democrats are in charge."
They already do this with Democratic stages. They blamed NY government for it's COVID outbreak, even thought Manhattan is a smashed together city on an island with with three times the population of the entire state of Wyoming. They shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place if the Trump Administration actually did it's job. Now all the worst infection states are red states and they just don't even talk about it now.

Same when the protests started. "Look at all the violence in these blue states" they say while the Proud Boys roll in to "help".

Like I said before, they capitalized on this massively when Obama was handed the Great Recession by W. Obama could never pull us out of the slump fast enough, and the Republicans saw great gains on that narrative.

Also, reading all of these infection timelines, I hope that this debate venue is going to make sure Pence takes a test instead of expecting this administration to use the honor system.

Oh damn. Rasmussen polling has Trump 12 points down from Biden. Mind you, Rasmussen was one of the only polls that reported the 2016 election as nearly tied, and at some points even slanted a bit more towards Trump. It's why Trump has called them his favorite poll. Even if the polling isn't super accurate, the fact they are showing such a stark difference is going to set off Trump even more right now.

It's interesting that after all this time they keep going back to Hilary..

The current director of the CIA made public hand written notes (remember when people argued notes mean nothing when it was Comeys?) that the former CIA director briefed Obama on Hilary "fabricating" the Russian investigation and spying on Trump. The former director claims that his notes have been selectively redacted to make it looks like Hillary orchestrated it to hurt Trump rather then a administration wide investigation looking into Russian influence. Of course Trump calls to publicly release the report with zero redactions, to which nothing has happened, because they don't want people to see all the context.

These are the things that kill me. I have an adult child with autism and a daughter who may or may not be LGBTQ but has several friends who are, and my mother is shocked that I would not vote for Trump. For fucks sake, the man bullied a disabled man I'm front of the entire country, how can you think that is even the tiniest bit ok?!

I have also seen first hand the absolute shit show disability funding in schools is, another thing my mother doesn't see because she's never had to use it, and New York State is actually one of the best states in the nation for that kind of thing.

People who never leave the place they are born really have no concept of what it's like to live in other parts of the country.

I have also seen first hand the absolute shit show disability funding in schools is, another thing my mother doesn't see because she's never had to use it, and New York State is actually one of the best states in the nation for that kind of thing.
"Why should I pay for that!?" is the Republican creed. My mother still complains they have to pay taxes into local schools, even though her grandkids go to school. She sees the fact that she is old and her only son (me) is now an adult means that any further money she puts into local schools (since my grandkids are not going to a school in her district) as thievery.

I want to remind her that should her outlook win and people without kids no longer have to pay taxes into schools, then the entire education system will collapse. I don't though, because I am still beyond reason trying to keep my relationship with her from spiraling out of control and so I influence her in other areas.