Former President Trump Thread

I forget, did we talk about cheeto ordering the CIA to give it's intelligence to Russia in exchange for nothing, or did that get lost in the cycle?

I heard that and just felt it was par for this admin. Not even phased.

Honestly, if Biden wins I am not going to be surprised if Trump takes a "diplomatic mission" to Russia sometime in December and just never comes back, all the while tweeting that his loss was rigged.

Look, I get that the rich stick together and class traitors are as common as rain in Seattle, but just from a business perspective how in gods name did this guy think this was a good idea?

I imagine Goya's bean sales have gone through the roof!

I know I've bought more Goya beans in the last 3 months than I have in my lifetime.
Are you saying that a CEO who sells a product highly valued during a pandemic is openly supporting the most likely person to keep the pandemic roaring?

Yay capitalism :confused:

What makes this even more funny is the fact he unintentionally gave us info on that mysterious Walter Reed trip he took in the middle of the night that he so far has tried to keep under the rug. The only reason you would take a cognitive test at a hospital and have the doctors be "genuinely surprised" that you did well is if you suffered some sort of issue, like a stroke.

I guess I was more talking about the guy who runs a company that mostly markets to latinx Americans probably shouldn't publicly praise the president who is most disliked by latinx people in recent memory.

I'm sure the "free speech on college campus" people will be furious about this

He should do Churches next.

Though I could go on a whole rant about how my parents think college turned me liberal, even though I was a registered Dem before I ever went to college, and it's not surprising that getting exposed to people who live outside your bubble tends to make you think differently about the world.

So, unlike a pardon, this means all his convictions/penalties/etc still hold (and therefore can't be retried or contested), but his time remaining is moved all the way to the end.

--Patrick

"We gotta end DACA, terrible, illegal. Obama made a mistake with DACA. We are going to repeal it."

Over three years trying to end it unsuccessfully and then a few sinking polling numbers later.

"I love DACA. These kids are great. I am going to write an executive order to give them a path to full citizenship. Please vote for me."

So, unlike a pardon, this means all his convictions/penalties/etc still hold (and therefore can't be retried or contested), but his time remaining is moved all the way to the end.

--Patrick
But also unlike a pardon it wouldn’t necessarily require him to testify to Congress if called, correct?

But also unlike a pardon it wouldn’t necessarily require him to testify to Congress if called, correct?
So far as I can tell, a commutation changes absolutely nothing except that it fast-forwards the sentence. But I could not find anything from any kind of legal expert explaining what it would mean for testifying, etc. I assume it mainly ensures that protections against double jeopardy remain intact.

--Patrick

I could reply to this, but it's not worth my time. Clearly blatant corruption happening just within the last 24 hours isn't obvious enough.

I feel really, really bad for all of the people whose parents wound up being completely and utterly batshit insane from watching too much Fox news. That's my one saving grace among all of this, my parents don't think anything about this is normal. Aislynn's grandfather, however, who used to be an engineer, was big into science, raised at least seven children on logic and reason, loved the medical field, his wife was a teacher, etc., spends all of his time watching Fox news now, thinks Covid19 is a hoax, the whole 9 yards. It was hell getting the grandparents to stop going on in public in frickin' Los Angeles and to wear masks, but apparently enough members of the family have hammered him over it that he's behaving for now, but he and his wife are both in their 90s, he's had several heart problems and surgeries, they are the poster-children of at-risk for this disease and Fox News has them convinced that this is all just bullshit and that Trump is the best president in the world.

Did every generation before ours skip critical listening, deductive reasoning, and objectivity lessons in school?

I really want to try to convince my parents they are wrong, but anything I say will be shouted down as Fake News anyways, so what's the point. I can just hang up on them and move on with my life, and hope they figure this shit out before they die.

As far as I know my whole extended family is on the Trump Train, so I'm glad I'm not living near any of them.

(They also live in Western NY, so they can complain about the government controlling people's lives without actually realizing the consequences of living in certain other places for now)

Can we have some group do a parody version of one of those "ask your doctor"-type commercials, except instead of being for ED, it'll be for CD (cognitive dissonance)? Because it's really becoming a raging epidemic.

--Patrick