[Bug] Twitter plugin? "Loading tweet" everywhere

The tweets are there if I click on the loading tweet message to go directly to twitter, but the "loading tweet" is all I'm seeing here tonight. Didn't knowingly change anything on this end.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hrmmm... I'm on the road and probably won't be able to look into this until this weekend unfortunately.

It’s been showing “ Loading tweet...” in Firefox for ages, but loads the embed in Safari just fine.
I expect it’s just the usual config/browser/settings/plug-in issue.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I could never get it to happen for me in a situation that wasn't the direct fault of the network I was connected to.

Just saw this thread, I'm experiencing the same issue Blotsfan is, I'm on Android and using the Samsung Internet browser.

Now I only get the whitespace with the twitter logo, no tweet. I have to load it in a separate tab to read anything.

Yet I have ABP blocked on here, and I undid Ublock Origin because it was reducing some of my NFL emails to nothing...

Yeah, there's a lot that'll break when you turn off (or block) some of the scripting. An email can't just be an email any more, now it has to be an interactive, always-online multimedia experience that breaks if you don't allow all the scripts to run/embedded content to load.
Well eff that, I don't need you knowing if/when I ever open your email. If your email can't tell me what I need to know ACTUALLY IN THE EMAIL then I don't need it.

--Patrick