Ultimate vidya game music mix!

I'm on a real Mega Man X 1-3 metal covers mix and there's SOOOO many, but that's not a surprise since those soundtracks are fucking amazing on their own.

That concert was so good. I imagine being there in person is amazing. I love going to video game music concerts.

That concert was so good. I imagine being there in person is amazing. I love going to video game music concerts.
I liked that we got some stuff from Deltarune/Deltarune Ch. 2 at the end. Apparently Ch. 2 is only a few months away.

So I've been playing a good deal of FF14. I cannot stress how one of the major upsides in the impossibly large soundtrack of incredible music. I think other than some of the amazing callback music from FF6 that shows up, my absolute favourite track so far in the game is the Azys Lla overworld theme and the remix that's used for the solo duty's there during the Warring Triad trials.

Particularly starting around 2:10.

So I've been playing a good deal of FF14. I cannot stress how one of the major upsides in the impossibly large soundtrack of incredible music. I think other than some of the amazing callback music from FF6 that shows up, my absolute favourite track so far in the game is the Azys Lla overworld theme and the remix that's used for the solo duty's there during the Warring Triad trials.

Particularly starting around 2:10.

Because it would be unlawful to confine this to just the discord channel:

This is amazing on multiple levels. Not just because of the skill of the performers, but also because you can frequently tell which prog band(s) they are musically emulating: ELO, ELP, Rush, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, even Pink Floyd and probably others I don't know well enough to recognize.

--Patrick

I'll forever be left completely befuddled how we got three (two I guess really) seasons of a half-way decent Castlevania cartoon and they only used one classic Castlevania tune throughout the whole run of the show. A series where even the Gameboy titles had absolutely killer soundtracks. That could be forgiven if the cartoon soundtrack was killer too..but I can't even remember the opening theme.

Last edited:
I'll forever be left completely befuddled how we got three (two I guess really) seasons of a half-way decent Castlevania cartoon and they only used one classic Castlevania tune throughout the whole run of the show. A series where even the Gameboy titles had absolutely killer soundtracks. That could be forgiven if the cartoon soundtrack was killer too..but I can't even remember the opening theme.

Japanese companies are notorious difficult with licensing rights.

That makes sense when talking about Dragon Quest (since that old fascist that just died owned all the rights) but I'm pretty sure Konami owns the soundtracks lock and stock but even the Dragon Quest anime adaptations have WAAAAAAY more Dragon Quest music than the Castlevania series does.

Yeah Tim Follin is top center, cuz he'd better be top center.

EDIT: Ha! The soundtrack chosen at the CD portion also happens to be the game that became the CD format's killer app.

--Patrick

Last edited:
So apparently Ace Combat 7 just had some DLC drop for a movie tie-in with Top Gun: Maverick. Has some special plane variants and paints (including Maverick and Iceman skins for the Tomcat)... but that's not the best part. No, the best part is Keiki Kobayashi did a fucking instrumental remix version of Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" in the style of Ace Combat.

Not a remix, but from the new Ninja Turtles game itself. This soundtrack is a blast to listen to while you're playing! For example, in one of the levels the Turtles are surfing through the sky on rocket boards above the city. This song that's playing through the whole level just makes you think you're a kid in the late 80's again watching the old show!

They've got some positively killer hip hop tracks too.

That one's got MegaRan doing his usual thing with some amazing sax backing. But the next one?

... it's got fucking Raekwon and Ghostface Killah. Yes, this game has the fucking WU-TANG CLAN doing tracks for it!