[Brazelton] Ursula K. Le Guin (Acclaimed Sci-Fi Writer) dead at 88.

Dave

Staff member
You know, I don't think I've ever read one of her books. Not because of any real reason, I just haven't. I do recognize her name as one of the better ones that I've heard about.

She is one of Kati’s favorite authors. We’ve been going back and forth about it via text.
I’ve read Earthsea, Kati has also read Lathe and Dispossessed (one of her favorites), Cranky has read even more.

She’s a pillar of the SF/F community, on par with Andre Norton, Mercedes Lackey, and Anne McCaffrey, and she will be missed.

—Patrick

I wish I could say I've read some of her work, but the best I got is that I listened to the first half hour of A Wizard of Earthsea audiobook. Neil Gaiman strongly feels everyone should read The Left Hand of Darkness.

I wish I could say I've read some of her work, but the best I got is that I listened to the first half hour of A Wizard of Earthsea audiobook. Neil Gaiman strongly feels everyone should read The Left Hand of Darkness.
The Left Hand of Darkness is pretty great. I recommend it.

I was just adding onto a thread from two and a half years ago.
Though it is indeed true that her condition has not improved.

--Patrick
Before this comment, I hadn't noticed the necromancy, and was actually about to post "wow, I didn't know she was still alive".
Guess I wasn't wrong.