Valheim

GasBandit

Staff member
The funniest part about this one is the character name >_<

1671570817831.png

I like how these also show that the hunchback posture is deliberately coded in by the valheim team and not part of the actual character models.

They have the Homer soul donut, but they're not Turing complete until they include the human-texture-over-horse-model version.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's the (pre-mistlands) Valheim world-record speedrun holder, explaining how he beat all the bosses (through Yagluth obviously) in just over 4 hours.

(TLDR version: Campfires are still boss killers)

GasBandit

Staff member
It doesn't happen often, but apparently my IP address changed. you'll need to change the Azumatt.Fastlink_servers.yml in valheim/bepinex/config to have my address be gasbandit.zapto.org if you want the quick server list to keep working.

I should have set it that way in the first place, but previous valheim connection methods didn't seem to support DNS resolution, so I had to use numeric IP octets.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have incorporated this chicken autofarm design into our barn.

Seems to work pretty well

1674977891639.png

Basically you just throw stacks of seeds against the backboards so they land right at the edge of the platform against these hens, so that they can eat and breed and lay eggs without ever having to move. 45 degree roof tiles below them funnel the eggs down the chute to the collection point. Since the Hens are 14 meters above where the eggs come to rest, the game never tells them to stop laying eggs due to overcrowding.

1674978004014.png

Getting the seeds to be in the EXACT right place though can be a bit of a pain. Supposedly there's a way to do it with just one stack of seeds per pair but I had better results just giving each hen its own stack.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh yeah. THIS is going well.

1675033045644.png

Having completely filled the egg chest in the kitchen, I put an extra little roof thing there to deflect the eggs coming down the chute to be in range of the fire so they hatch. And a couple game-days later, boy are they hatching. Soon I will have WAY more chicken meat than I ever bargained for.

Oh yeah. THIS is going well.

View attachment 43706

Having completely filled the egg chest in the kitchen, I put an extra little roof thing there to deflect the eggs coming down the chute to be in range of the fire so they hatch. And a couple game-days later, boy are they hatching. Soon I will have WAY more chicken meat than I ever bargained for.
I warned you this was going to become a Pig Chute situation, but noooOOOOOOooooo....!

GasBandit

Staff member
I warned you this was going to become a Pig Chute situation, but noooOOOOOOooooo....!
It is nowhere near as aesthetically abhorrent as the pig chute, nor as psychologically ghastly. It's just lots of chickens.

Too many chickens.

I'm feeling a palapble performance hit to my FPS waiting for these chicks to hit adulthood.

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a big bugfix patch a couple days ago. The server is updated for it, but bear in mind pretty much all the mods are now broken, and will prevent you from playing.

You will need to update Bepinex
And even then you will need to empty out the plugins folder.
Fastlink has updated
Also Craft Build Smelt Cook Fuel Pull From Containers
and Plant Everything

But other mods have not updated yet, and one of the other ones I had was preventing the game from working right (getting stuck under the world). I don't have the patience to figure out which one right now because there's no new content yet (other than re-enabling the summer content, maypoles and flower crowns).

I'll check back probably on the weekend and see if more mods have updated.

GasBandit

Staff member
Quickstack has updated. Actually it's a new and improved version of it, where it can now automatically restock your ammo/food with a secondary command. Default stack and restock keys are P and L.
A different First Person Mode has updated and is available.

With this, all the "critical" mods (or at least what I consider critical) have been updated. The Farmgrid and Massfarming mods are now incompatible, unfortunately, but really MassFarming sort of supersedes Farmgrid in most cases, so it's not a big deal to stop using the latter.

GasBandit

Staff member
Server's updated again. Mods are all updated. You can get the current mod pack in the usual place, if you've gotten mods from me in the past. If you've forgotten where that is, PM me.