Virtuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cvgurau

Just finished it. I'll post a more detailed review tomorrow (it's late and I'm tired), so for now, I'll just say that I really dug it. Intriguing as hell, and with a great soundtrack, I thought.

I really hope Fox picks this up, and gives it a decent chance before inevitably shit-canning it.

Thoughts?

C

Chibibar

Good show? Great soundtrack? and own by fox???

It is gonna get cancel after season 1

Z

zero

uhn... could you please explain what are you guys arguing about so I can pick one side?

C

cvgurau

It's being called a backdoor pilot, which means it'll get turned into a series if it does well. Which I hope it does.

Don't know for sure if Hulu's gonna have it, but I'd bet on it. They tend to carry Fox shows.

cvgurau said:
It's being called a backdoor pilot, which means it'll get turned into a series if it does well. Which I hope it does.

Don't know for sure if Hulu's gonna have it, but I'd bet on it. They tend to carry Fox shows.
Yup, much like the Battlestar Galactica movie.

It's interesting to see other networks trying the SciFi Cannel's approach to greenlighting series.

C

Chibibar

Fox is gonna cancel it BEFORE it becomes a series!!

preemptive STRIKE!!!

Z

zero

Yes, the simple fact that [spoiler:2sunxwc6]the plot twist was telegraphed at the end[/spoiler:2sunxwc6] shows the producers had really no hope it would be picked on.

But DAMN, what an interesting concept. The [spoiler:2sunxwc6](not so) subtle revelation at the end[/spoiler:2sunxwc6] really picked my curiosity about "what could have been..."

Anyway, for RDM fans around, looks like "Caprica" will be picked after all... the pilot really surprised me, and I was firmly into the "oh shit, a prequel!!" group.

I can't get megavideo to work for me, so I haven't been able to see Virtuality yet. I was pretty excited for it too.

C

Chibibar

I finally watch it from beginning to end.

It is pretty interesting.

[spoiler:2u5smmbk]I think Frank has a good idea. I think the whole thing is a game. None of it is truly real. It is kinda like "The Cell" except without all the weird stuff in it.[/spoiler:2u5smmbk]

Status
Not open for further replies.