Want a laugh? I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

tl:dr version - heart break blows ass, love sucks

here's a good manbaw story to entertain the masses;

So, against my better judgement about a year ago, I started hunting around online for women to talk to. Yea yea, save the "better to meet people IRL" speech, Ive met people online with various levels of success in the past and know married couples who met online, so I know it could be done.

Anyway, I began looking. No paid-dating type sites, cause A) I couldnt afford it and B) I really dont trust places like eharmony (who discriminate against gays and non-christians, im not gay but not really religious either). So i looked around some free dating sites, against my Jimmny Cricket on my shoulder I even put a picture up in some places, as well as hung out in some chat rooms with video cam chat (not cyber rooms but regular normal chatting places).

Well I narrowed my search down to one site that specialized in BBW/BHM (big beautiful women, big handsome men), since ya know I'm the stereotype fanboy, late twenties, fairly overweight, not a lot of money, still living at home (NOT in a basement thank god). What can I say, I was weak. I was lonely. Been years since I last had a gf and the last couple out of (three) total in twenty eight years, didn't end so well. Why not give it another shot. I never really believed in love, even when the "emotions" (pfft men admitting emotions, gaaaaaaaaaaay) felt what you would describe as love, since it seems most like a concept rather than something real. The concept is what I think people fall for, that the person they are with (or the person they want) is meant to be, when in reality it's supposedly a chemical reaction in the brain.

Needless to say, I sure as fuck didn't listen to my brain (no I wasn't thinking with my wang either). As said, I was lonely. So I kept on looking on this site, and as I knew it would be, no one ever messaged me. I'd message other women time to time, might strike up a polite conversation but thats all that ever came out of that. Sept one day after looking for a while, this one rather beautifully striking lady, year younger than me, msgs me. We talk, talk some more, so on and so forth. And for all intents and purposes in my eyes she's perfect. Granted, we don't have a lot in common, but some. Children of the 80's, like mostly the same music, she's not really a nerd but likes some nerdy stuff, etc

All's well and good right? Oh but it gets interesting.

From the start, I already knew from our first conversation she's married. Oh yea, married. Now before you go thinking "wow, a home wrecker now mav?" Nah, not my style. But from what she says, her husband is an asshole who mentally abuses her (basically, being a dick all the time, always talking down to her, never helping out with anything, etc). And as time went on this became true very quickly, since we'd talk on webcam's daily, it wasn't long until his behavior she mentioned easily shown true. So I didn't really worry about breaking up a home or adultery cause for all things said, he was a glorified roommate. And they have a daughter, cute kid, about to turn 3 now, very energetic and full of life. Jackass husband never spent time with her, never cared if she was hurt or sick, nothin.r

Time passes on, needless to say I rearrange my entire life for her and her daughter. I basically drop off the map online from talking to friends (online only friends but friends still), post less on forums, etc so I can spend time job hunting, so I can both A) help her pay for a divorce and B) move to her state (she lives 1100 miles away). We're both, at least it seemed, deeply "in love" (bahaha .. i was an idiot), etc. Things on track. I manage to land a job, get a cell phone so we arent stuck with MSN/Skype to talk, even skipped out on a major comic book convention to spend the weekend with her (paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out). Things went, ok. Neither one of us turned out to be axe murderers in disguise as the internet is supposedly full of, there were some ackward moments such as the sex, she's had plenty of "experience" compared to my "none". I won't go into details but that part didnt turn out so well but she didnt seem to hate me for it. (June of this year)

Some time goes by, we still talk daily, I still save money to move there, etc. There's a few rocky patches, she's affraid she'll "cheat" on me like she does her husband, which hey when you feel as privaleged as I did to be a participtant, you really dont care if they do cheat on you, you'll feel like overlooking it. September rolls around and I pay for her to come out again for labor day weekend, using a buddy at work as an alibi for the family (they hate the internet), I again pay for most of all of it, which I never complain about, we get a rental car this time, nice condo-type rental with a kitchen, etc. Went a little better in some ways than last time, worse in others. Again same kind of complications of sex arose (and for those already hitting reply assuming it was some kind of E.D. issue, trust me that was not the case, kind of the opposite in fact). For the most part, a good weekend.

Time goes by, things going ok for the most part. Her laptop motherboard dies out, which sucks cause thats our main form of communication, online. So I start looking for a cheap replacement for her. In the mean time, we get by through emailing couple times an hour when we're both at work, maybe a phone call on our lunch breaks, etc. Till Thursday this past week. I get home from work, no emails, no txt, no phone call. Nothing. Now if she's usually busy, she'll always manage to find time to email me or txt me, something at least. Nothing. Not a word. Now, before I continue, this is a woman whos said she's afraid she'd cheat on me, yea I know I'm a fucking glutton for both food AND punishment, I practically asked for it and said it was ok so i got no room to complain. Anyway that Friday (this past friday) rolls around, we talk on my lunch break, said her husband was mad she came home late last night. He had been being an ass so she decided to go driving for a few hours till he decided to be a human being. least that's what she told him. turns out she went to get coffee, with a friend, at like midnight. Now, normally if its a female friend she'd say the name but she said friend. Then when we talked at lunch, she says a guy friend. My spidey sense tingled and I even said "Hmm i gotta question but I aint gonna ask" but I knew.

So today, yea she confesses an hour or two ago. She was with this guy, he lives semi-locally (35 miles away compared to my 1100), met him online a while ago. I ask why, course the general "its not you its me, its just we're so far apart, and the sex and everything". Funny part is, I'm not even mad. Not angry, least not right now. Sad, bit heart broken, sick to my stomach and disgusted at the idea of her with some other guy (hey i still have to really not concentrate to get the thought of her and her asshole husband out of my mind at times). I ask what any dumbass asks, would she see him again. She says she probably would, she likes him, yet still "loves" me (or at least appears so, maybe).

yea..i'm an idiot.. really really am. and thie funny part that really gets me is, her daughter's birthday is tommorrow, and here I was this past week spending most of my paycheck ordering her toys off Amazon having them over nighted to her. Not that I mind, I mean her kid is a great kid and I want her to have a great birthday either way but damn. So here I am, like being all manbaw on the phone, trying to understand where the fuck I went wrong, course she swears I did nothing wrong per-say but wow, a little heads up would be nice. Be honest, tell me. Do they ever do that? Noooooooooo

And the part I love, I really really love, I have to go to bed, somehow manage to get up in 7 hours, to go to work, at a job, I got, to be with her. Irony is a bitch.

I always manage to pick the ones that are going to nuke your heart from orbit, to be sure.

I don't drink, at all. But fuck me, Juski or one of our other resident drunks, pass me some hard liquor.

Sorry to hear, man, but you're right. If she cheated on him, she'll cheat on you. And the fact that she expressed fear that she'd cheat on you earlier in the relationship should have been a huge warning sign. I mean, some people would be genuinely afraid, and would express said fear.

But something I've sense is that some, especially younger people (80's onward), like to think of their lives as films. And films have foreshadowing. So if they're intending to cheat, or if they keep it on the table as an option, a hint like that gives those people a massive hardon.

I ask what any dumbass asks, would she see him again. She says she probably would, she likes him, yet still "loves" me (or at least appears so, maybe).
Unless you're the type to go for one of those open relationships, and your post says no, it's time to move on...

Sorry for you, man.

At least that job is good, right? Youi got it because it pays well? I mean at least you get something positive from all of this (besides the good time with her or whatever, I guess? maybe not).

I won't give you any advice other than don't live that job. On the relationship, I'm sure you can manage to do what's best for you. Well maybe I can tell you the first thing you should do is go buy a bunch of comics (wait for wednesday maybe), maybe some videogame, and from there on you are on your own, I guess.

C

Chazwozel

Why did you buy here all that stuff when you barely have any money? You do know that buying women stuff doesn't do anything to make them like you more, right?

North_Ranger

Staff member
As a fellow manbawwer, I feel your pain, man.

If you absolutely have to drink, do it with friends over Guitar Hero or something. Not alone. Also, I know it's a cliché but the pain will pass. In time.

Would post more, but I don't want to give my own tired manbaww about the Psycho Bitch Queen again...

help her pay for a divorce
paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out
I pay for her to come out again for labor day weekend
I again pay for most of all of it
So I start looking for a cheap replacement for her
spending most of my paycheck ordering her toys off Amazon
Can't buy love, Mav.

Just take this as a lesson in life. Don't let it deter you from future endeavors, but do take notes from it.

Don't do distance if you can avoid it. Seems like a lot of these problems could have been avoided if distance wasn't an issue.

Don't be a shuggah daddy. There are differences between thoughtful gifts and gestures, and being a blank check.

If she's cheating to start a relationship with you, there's absolutely nothing to stop her from cheating on you to start a new relationship. Even if her husband is a bastard, she needs to be able to take care of her own issues before she starts looking around again.

If a woman is cheating on a guy for you, it's very likely she'll cheat on you with someone else.

Long distance relationships don't work, especially with these type of women.

Never go all out on women, be thoughtful, not extravagant.

My advice, cease all communications and search for someone nearby.

Dave

Staff member
He spent money because it was a substitute for being able to spend quality time with her. He's not stupid just inexperienced. We've all done things that we look back on and say, "Wow. Did I really do that?!?"

Sorry, Mav. Hard lesson but it's a good life lesson to learn about the dangers of trusting people too much and being manipulated.

C

Chazwozel

He spent money because it was a substitute for being able to spend quality time with her. He's not stupid just inexperienced. We've all done things that we look back on and say, "Wow. Did I really do that?!?"

Sorry, Mav. Hard lesson but it's a good life lesson to learn about the dangers of trusting people too much and being manipulated.
Ignorance and the internet make for strange bedfellows?

Dave

Staff member

Ignorance and the internet make for strange bedfellows?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Unfortunately, it's happening more and more as people feel more comfortable meeting new people online instead of the more "normal" methods. The bad thing here is that when you are dealing with this sort of thing face to face you have other warning signs like body language, etc.

I'm not going to dig on Mav for this at all. I have one of these sorts of stories in my past, too. Maybe not as bad as his, but it's similar.

Well, look at the bright side: You're not with some crazy bitch and her baggage, you have a job (where you can take care of a kitten), and no ex husband is hunting you down. You may not have wanted to take the loopy loop path from A to B, but at least you got there somehow.

C

Chazwozel

I dunno, Dave, I've never e-dated before and I still know not to give a chick money and buy her garbage to try and woo her.

I'm more baffled that this is what motivated Mav to get a job. All this time he was complaining about how rough it was to score a job, but as soon as he had motivation to have one, he magically got one.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Well, look at the bright side: You're not with some crazy bitch and her baggage, you have a job (where you can take care of a kitten), and no ex husband is hunting you down. You may not have wanted to take the loopy loop path from A to B, but at least you got there somehow.
I just hope he doesn't quit his job now.

Dave

Staff member
I dunno, Dave, I've never e-dated before and I still know not to give a chick money and buy her garbage to try and woo her.

I'm more baffled that this is what motivated Mav to get a job. All this time he was complaining about how rough it was to score a job, but as soon as he had motivation to have one, he magically got one.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.

C

Chazwozel

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/QUOTE]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol

Dave

Staff member

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/quote]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol[/QUOTE]

Actually at the time I worked at Red Lobster!

C

Chazwozel

I never had a car until I met my wife. Then I magically found a way to get one. It happens.[/quote]

Well she can very well ride on your bike handlebars when you're going out to Red Lobster can she. lol[/QUOTE]

Actually at the time I worked at Red Lobster![/QUOTE]

Oh snap! That's kinda funny.

Wow sorry to hear that. I've been through a slightly similar phase without wasting that much money but here's what I learned:

- women who have abusive husbands don't necessarily want a new partner: they want respect and attention, which their husbands aren't giving them. Just like teenage girls, attention is often all they really need

- if you really love someone, you don't pull crap like that unless your moral compass is messed up or unless you don't consider sex to a matter of intimacy. All too often, people confuse love with mutual affection. In this case, I wanna bet she mostly wanted someone to pay her attention and make her feel wanted. The second she found someone more convenient to do this with, she cheated on you. The fact that she KNEW she might cheat shows she knew this as well

- long distance relationships CAN work but you need to be lucky and both be on the same line. Most of these relationships fail after one or both partners already knew it was going to fail. Everyone has a little voice telling them something is wrong and too many people ignore it even though that voice is usually right (unless you tend to be paranoid of course)

All too often, women with bad marriages or relationships look online for some attention because it's nice & easy. Too bad they're the decoys for men who really want something more than to be used and then discarded.

Sorry man. I can't give you any advice better than what has aready been said...
Yeah, me too. Your job is for you. Use it to improve your life and get yourself out of your mom's basement. Like... ASAP.
Then start living man, go do things, get out of the house, offline, etc. You can do it. You've already climbed one of the bigger hills with getting a decent job.

A

Andromache

Okay, you might take the following as a dig or insult or whatever, but believe me this is the nicest I have ever been to you:

Stop hating yourself so much. 9/10ths of the problems you have in this respect are spawned from a rabid willingness to bash yourself. You made mistakes. It's ok, Mav, everyone makes mistakes. Me, Dave, anyone here, we've all fucked up big time.

Don't condemn yourself for it. Feel bad for awhile, fine, but you have a job now. Keep at it, and don't sacrifice your instincts just not to be alone.

Good luck.

Oh, and she did the whole "my husband is a violent jerk that doesn't appreciate me" schtick as well when I met her.
See, your first sign should have been that she married him.... (then again i'm too paranoid myself, friends of my friends-that-i-consider-a-bit-iffy always get put in the same category from the get go)

But this is why live sucks... the learning usually kills you...

R

Rubicon

Yea as the night wore on and I was less sad, I started to become angry kind of. Never been angry at her before so that was new. Sad part is, you're all right. I knew what I was walking into and like a fool, I kept on going. A fool and his gold are soon parted. The funny part is de-intergrating her from my life will be a process. All my passwords for work, home, etc are all intangled with her some how. My cell phone is one she didnt need anymore, which from a technical standpoint was a big upgrade from my old $30 phone, etc etc etc

It's hilarious really in some mad way. I knew it was going to happen, hell I knew the night it happened just from no contact, avoiding talking to me a few days, I knew. I just feel kinda numb really.

Yea I still have a job at least, and for the most part it's nice. I can post this from work, so it has it's perks. A few thousand dollars in comics might help, I did see a Showcase #22 for $700 on ebay which is nice, always wanted one of those...

At least there's still WoW, comics, etc. Stuff that's never let me down in 28 years. Thanks for the kind words.

T

Tiq

Sad part is, you're all right. I knew what I was walking into and like a fool, I kept on going. A fool and his gold are soon parted.

Dude... don't think like that, seriously. I went through this exact same scenario myself, years ago, getting involved in a long distance relationship with a woman who was involved at the time, and it broke my fucking heart, when she fucked me over, but it was a massive, massive turning point for me, and the best thing you can do is look at this the same way... you've got a source of income now, and you've hopefully learned a few things to look out for/avoid, next time you fall for someone. You're not an idiot, or a fool... you're just an inexperienced guy, who was willing to fall for someone that wasnt right for them, every single one of us has been there (hell, some of us have done it more times than we would probably like to admit) but you'll learn from it all, and won't be so easily fooled next time.

The biggest thing I feel I should warn you against, is falling back into bad habits... you've got a job now, so do your best to take care of yourself, and put yourself out there for people to see. Buy some nice looking clothes and start looking for opportunities to actually interact with people, because it will help you out, in a big way, and although going back to WoW and comic books every now and then isn't a bad thing, it's extremely easy to get lost in that sort of stuff, when you're feeling like this... so be careful to take it all in moderation.

Dave

Staff member
And now that this is all over you've learned a lesson, you have a new and rewarding job and she has...the same thing she had before, which is to say bad relationships and a low self esteem.

Even though right now you feel duped and a little low, you came out better in the end. Concentrate on yourself now. Spend money on you (while keeping 10% of everything you make in a savings account) and have fun. Get out, make friends, party. One day you'll look back and say, "Man, this was a turning point."

help her pay for a divorce
paid for her to fly here, paid for the upscale hotel room, rented a fucking limo, i went all out
I pay for her to come out again for labor day weekend
I again pay for most of all of it
So I start looking for a cheap replacement for her
spending most of my paycheck ordering her toys off Amazon
Can't buy love, Mav.[/QUOTE]

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.