[Thread Game] #Whamageddon2021 - WHAM FREE DIE HARDER

I won last year because of Covid. I imagine I'll win this year because of the same. I don't go anywhere, and I only listen to things I actively click on, so I'm not going to be proud of my win. It's like playing on easy mode.

I got Whammed last week but that was pre-December so I'm not out yet right? My first thought on hearing it was "Already? Really? It's still November dammit!", my second thought was "oh no, the poor shop staff" but I was back in the same shop today & they weren't playing Christmas music so hopefully whoever had it playing last week was told to stop & given a well deserved beating.

No, thankfully. Rule #2 specifically states that the game starts at Midnight December 1, and ends at 11:59:59 PM December 24.

Dodged a bullet a week or so ago because it was both out of season and a cover. Will my luck hold out once it's game on?

You know, the first year I lasted a really long time, but I was unhappy because I couldn't listen to my Xmas music with abandon. Last year, skipping this was no pressure. Now I can't decide if I want the stress or not.

Has anyone done a mashup of this with "Never Gonna Give You Up?" It sounds like they'd go together, and it would be the ultimate Christmas grenade.

--Patrick

The hotel lobby music has officially switched over to the "Holiday selection". I don't know what the playlist includes, but I have not heard Last Christmas yet. Course knowing my luck the moment I do discover if it's on the list I'll already be out.

The one day.

THE ONE DAY that I have to help out in a cafe and I'm already out 20 minutes after getting here.

14bR.gif

Dammit, I didn't even make it 24 hours!

Car had SiriusXM. In their attempt to try to convince me to re-subscribed, they re-activated my radio for a couple of weeks, so I took advantage. I got out of work this afternoon, and at 2:45 PM I punched the button for Holly (the contemporary Christmas channel).

"...Crowded room, and those tired eyes..."

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.

Dammit, I didn't even make it 24 hours!

Car had SiriusXM. In their attempt to try to convince me to re-subscribed, they re-activated my radio for a couple of weeks, so I took advantage. I got out of work this afternoon, and at 2:45 PM I punched the button for Holly (the contemporary Christmas channel).

"...Crowded room, and those tired eyes..."

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.
Nobody wins at Russian roulette, son.

12:07PM EST - Over the speakers in the waiting room after calling into work so I could take my wife to the dentist.
I answered a phone call while I was waiting, and when I hung up and started paying attention to the world around me again, it was already over two minutes into the song. If I hadn’t tried to get off the call so quickly, I might’ve made it through the entire song without realizing it, but alas.

—Patrick

I swear the local radio stations and stores' piped-in music are savvy to this game now, because every time this song comes on, it's the Taylor Swift cover. They're lulling me into a false sense of security, I know it!

EDIT: I was right! They got me this morning as I was dropping Li'l Z off at school. Oh well, at least I can spend the rest of my XMas season stress-free*.

(*Well, no more Wham!-stress. The rest of it....ugh.)

Last edited:
I just lost. Fucking Starbucks. We're having serious supply issues in the lower mainland area (outside Vancouver), so I went in to not hold up the drive through and there it was.

I've been more or less tempting fate nu listening to a commercial christmas themed channel for a few hours with the screen off.
I turn it on to see thisIMG20211202224126.jpg
"Volgende" means "next" for those who don't speak Dutch.
Close call, but Whamhalla avoided...for now.