[Question] What markers do you use?

I love my coloured pencils, but have been wanting to branch out and try something a little bit different for when I draw Pokemon or Ninja Turtles as I will be soon for my nephews. I know very little about markers other than that I love their look. Do any of you use them for your work and if so, could you please recommend a brand? I'd like a brand that it easy to blend, a fine tip would be great and I hate Prismacolour in theory because their super expensive coloured pencils break so badly and it makes me sad. I have so many sad little pencil nubs in my drawer that had leads broken to the bottom of the pencil :(

That's what was suggested to me at the store. I was a bit terrified by the price, but I have learned through my pencils that you get hat you pay for.

I've been using the Prismacolour markers since college, and the ones I bought my sophmore year still work! (I was just using them last week.) As far as colored pencils go, I honestly don't have a preference. I've got 4 brands all mixed together right now, and it's usually more about who is offering me a certain shade.

I'm super weird about my pencils and after trying a whole bunch of different ones, I've decided that my favourite oil based coloured pencil is the Faber Castel PolyChromos. My favourite wax based is Caran D'Ache Luminance but I only ever do a few top layers in these due to cost and the fact that I prefer to build my layers up with the FC. For watercolours it's a tie between Derwent Inktense, Derwent Water Colour and FC depending on the look I want as all three are very different.

I'm looking forward to trying the markers for the Pokemon and other cartoon type stuff that I draw as gifts. I think that I would prefer the marker look over the pencil look for these and I am sincerely hoping that they will be faster than using a tiny little pencil point and 10-15 plus layers.

I got the colours I needed today to do the ninja turtles I plan to do for my nephews and to do a Jigglypuff for me to test them out and see how they work.

Fingers crossed!

That's what was suggested to me at the store. I was a bit terrified by the price, but I have learned through my pencils that you get hat you pay for.
Copics are refillable, so if you think you'll use them a lot it's not as bad.

I think I used to use Chartpak AD markers. The tips were nice.

I really like the idea of that. The refills are about the price of another marker and refill them a ton of times. I checked and the place that I order supplies from in Edmonton also sells refills :)

I went out and got some today and I'm going to draw a Jigglypuff tomorrow to test them out before trying the ninja turtles that I plan to draw for my nephews. I love my pencils for realistic drawings, but I've been waiting to try these for a while for my more cartoon type stuff.