What To Do With DLOG?

What do I do with the content on Dangerously Low on Grog?

• Let it go. Let it go. Now I have that $#*%ing song in my head, dammit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compile it into something else (the Wheaton route).

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Groo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For those who are not aware, I have spent considerable time over the last few years inconsistently writing Dangerously Low On Grog, a blog that started as a journalling exercise but became (like so much of my life), a place to craft humor. At the beginning of next year, it will be gone. I'm not keeping the URL or anything. I have foolishly dedicated myself to a career and my family, and it uses up most of my processing cycles. Plus, I've gotten pretty good at short form jokes via Twitter.

So, what do I do with the content? Do I let it go and just be glad for what it was? Do I try to cull the best of it into something else, and if so, what? Do I groo?

Any suggestions/smarmy comments welcome.

I would archive it somewhere. It annoys me when I can't find "that thing" that I half-remember on the Internet because of website attrition or something. Also you might still get some little bit of ad revenue if you leave it up, but you will get absolutely zero if you don't.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Make sure you save the content, even if only as a raw database dump. It won't take much room and you may want it again some day.