Whats for Dinner?

I made a chickpea curry (recipie here). I'm sure there are better curries, but this tasted really good and other than chopping a few things, this is just dumping stuff into a pan and cooking it for a bit.

And yes I've cleaned up my stove since I took this pic.

1697938199361.png

figmentPez

Staff member
For Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow later today (since it's after midnight).
2023-11-22 23.11.48.jpg

Unfortunately I forgot to add salt, so I'm not sure how it'll taste.

High-roast turkey
Corn casserole
Mashed potatoes
Savory sweet potatoes
Biscuit dressing
Pumpkin & sweet potato pie w/ whipped cream
Spiced apple cider
Gravy and butter to taste

...so pretty standard fare for the day.

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I have discovered that a really easy to make salad dressing is: Boursin cheese, apple cider vinegar, and sugar. (Optionally hot sauce.) I haven't figured out the measurements/ratios, but it makes a super creamy dressing that's full of flavor.

Just to prove that it's not all fancy feasting at my house. I have no bread. I am not going back out into the icy streets to get it. But I do have tortillas. So I present to you: Peanut butter and jelly wraps

20240114_205751.jpg

Just to prove that it's not all fancy feasting at my house. I have no bread. I am not going back out into the icy streets to get it. But I do have tortillas. So I present to you: Peanut butter and jelly wraps

View attachment 47122
I use tortillas for stuff way more than I use bread and buns. Toasted Pinwheels with spicy mayo are a common meal for me to make for myself, as are quesadillas. As far as I'm concerned, it's the superior food delivery system.

View attachment 47584

Went out to breakfast with my aunt and uncle at the Black Bear Diner. This pic does not give a good sense of scale. This is a biscuit topped with eggs, sausage, and cream gravy. Each of those stacks is bigger than my fist.
Dude, I always forget just how huge Black Bear's portions are until I get the plate in front of me and realize I've made a huge mistake(win?).