What's your political compass reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate some of these questions
A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.
yes that is a significant advantage. however its also a horrible thing to have.

Finished

I must say I disagree, as I consider myself closer to libertarian than authoritative, but I suppose it goes to some of my complaints with the questions.

note: I AM NOT A LIBERTARIAN! I'm a Conservative, and proud of it.

C

Cuyval Dar

Economic Left/Right: 4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

M

Mr_Chaz

I'm a little surprised it's not a bit more extreme to be honest. I guess the limits on the chart are even more extremist than I thought.

Smack in the middle of the green box but I agree, that test is problematic. I'm actually further to the center than you'd think

I've taken this test before; I end up pretty much all the way o nthe bottom, halfway between the center and the left border. Pretty extremist, which I don't consider myself to be, but oh well.

I'm actually surprised I'm not closer to the Authoritarian side. I look at government as rather paternal.

At any rate, I'll just go defend Stalingrad, launch the first man into space, and build a wall now ...

Attachments

It seems that no one is really surprised, so it must be a pretty accurate test then, despite the lack of nuances in the answers.

A

Armadillo

About what I expected.

What does it say about our leaders that NONE OF THEM showed up in the bottom right part of the graph?

A

Armadillo

About what I expected.

What does it say about our leaders that NONE OF THEM showed up in the bottom right part of the graph?
That they wouldn't take a quiz that contains such awful, leading questions?[/QUOTE]

How many of them do you think we could get to take it if we disguised it as a chain e-mail and started it rolling on Capitol Hill?

"Four Senators deleted this quiz in 1994, and all were defeated in the next election. Barack Obama took it in 2007, and he's President now!"

About what I expected.

That they wouldn't take a quiz that contains such awful, leading questions?[/quote]

How many of them do you think we could get to take it if we disguised it as a chain e-mail and started it rolling on Capitol Hill?

"Four Senators deleted this quiz in 1994, and all were defeated in the next election. Barack Obama took it in 2007, and he's President now!"[/QUOTE]
Hm, my logic has been defeated by our Senator's stupidity.

J

JCM

Like with every political test, centrist leaning slightly right

Pity that most leaders are too much of pussies to occupy this area

O

Olorin

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

Some of the questions are indeed poorly formulated.

Not very surprised.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

And yes, a lot of those questions were very poorly worded. One comes to mind is the attendance in school. If I'm having to pay for kids to go to school, their butts better be in the seats. Private school on the other hand - I couldn't care less if their parents are wasting their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.