Who is the Worst Mass Murder in your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/murder-by-state.html?curPhoto=1

For Washington

Washington: Capitol Hill Massacre
Killed: 7 + Self; Injured: 2

On March 25, 2006, Kyle Huff (pictured), 28, opened fire on a rave afterparty at a house in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. Huff had arrived at the party with a truck full of weapons (pictured) and, after spraypainting the word "NOW" on the sidewalk, Huff began shooting people both outside and inside the home where the party was taking place. When police arrived five mintues into the shooting, Huff shot and killed himself. Prior to the killings, Huff, who was by no means a raver, had written a letter, which police later found in his garbage, expressing his disdain for the rave lifestyle.

M

makare

I call shenanigans on the South Dakota one which was this murder suicide from 2008. We have lots of murder suicides. And how far back does this have to go and is it with only one killer, I mean the Wounded Knee Massacre happened here. That was like 150 dead. Maybe it doesn't count because it was a military thing but I count it.

In Texas even our mass murderers are bigger (and gave us CHL laws)

Texas: Luby's Massacre
Killed: 23 + Self; Injured: 20
Wielding a Glock 17 and a Ruger P89, a deranged George Jo Hennard, 35, (pictured), drove his Ford pickup through the front window of Luby's Cafeteria (pictured) in Killeen on October 16, 1991. Hennard began shooting into the crowded eatery, taking many lives before committing suicide.
Eighteen years later, the town of Killeen would suffer another deadly massacre at the Fort Hood Army Base, where U.S. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly murdered 13 people and injured 30 during a November 5, 2009, shooting.

P

Philosopher B.

New Jersey: Howard Barton Unruh
Killed: 13; Injured: 3

On September 6, 1949, Howard Barton Unruh (pictured), 28, a paranoid schizophrenic, started firing a Luger pistol on the streets of Camden, killing 13 in the course of only 12 minutes. Unruh was captured and at trial found criminally insane and committed to a mental hospital, where he died in 2009 at the age of 88.
Figures it'd be Camden.

Dave

Staff member
Also, one of the people killed in the Von Maur shooting was a family friend whose kids grew up with my kids.

I can't remember who the murderers were but they were famous, I want to say it was Ted Bundy. Anyway, my mom and dad (before any kids so late teens for them) were broke down on the side of the road and Ted Bundy came up to "help them out" mom got a bad feeling and got the revolver out of the glove box (she was in car dad was outside car) Bundy saw it and left. Later that night they saw him on the news n stuff. Fun day for them I bet

P

Papillon

Willie Pickton. Killed between 6-49 prostitutes from Vancouver, BC. 27 counts brought, convicted on 6, 1 dismissed, other 20 counts are stayed or something.

Killed between 6-49 prostitutes
Not to contradict you or anything,but 6-49? damn,thats a huge margin. Just shows how diabolically clever some of these SOBs can be.[/QUOTE]

The best (worst) (middling) part of this story is how he fed the corpses to the pigs he farmed, whom he graciously fed to his friends, family and visitors to his farm.

The "worst" mass murderer would be someone who utterly failed at it, wouldn't it? Like a guy who planted a bomb in a crowded place, but ends up electrocuting himself with his own detonator because he wired it wrong.

The "worst" mass murderer would be someone who utterly failed at it, wouldn't it? Like a guy who planted a bomb in a crowded place, but ends up electrocuting himself with his own detonator because he wired it wrong.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I suppose technically, I could be the worst, because I don't really want to kill anyone at all.

Man, even SC's murderers are pathetic.

South Carolina: Nathaniel Dickson
Killed: 4

An Easley teen was arrested on April 26, 2008, for the shooting murders of his father, stepmother and two siblings, aged 19 and 14. Charged with four counts of murder, Nathaniel Dickson (pictured), 18, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison. Prior to the murders, Dickson had reportedly hit a streak of bad luck: he had been kicked out of his apartment following a conflict with a roommate; his girlfriend had left him; and he had been denied entry into the Marine Corps. Forced to move back to his parents' home (pictured), Dickson snapped.

I'm not from there, but it always bothered me.

Mass Murder in Your State
Photo
Michigan: Bath School Disaster
Killed: 45 + Self; Injured: 58

In the worst school mass murder in U.S. history, Andrew P. Kehoe (pictured), upset by a tax conflict, planted dynamite at a school in Bath. On May 18, 1927, Kehoe killed his wife, detonated the explosives at the school, tearing it apart (pictured) and finally exploded his own car, killing himself and several others.
Click Here for the Full Story

S

Skinny Santa

Massachusetts: Wakefield Massacre
Killed: 7

Reportedly fueled by financial problems - his car was up for repossession and his wages were being garnished to pay overdue taxes to the IRS - software engineer Michael "Mucko" McDermott (pictured) targeted the Human Resources and Accounting departments at Edgewater Technologies in Wakefield during his December 26, 2000, shooting spree. After killing seven coworkers, whom police believe McDermott selected deliberately, he did not resist when police arrested him (pictured), telling them that he did not speak German. At trial, McDermott, a former Navy electrician, claimed that he had travelled back in time to kill Nazis. He was found guilty of seven counts of murder in the first degree and sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences without a chance of parole.

P

Papillon

Killed between 6-49 prostitutes
Not to contradict you or anything,but 6-49? damn,thats a huge margin. Just shows how diabolically clever some of these SOBs can be.[/QUOTE]

Well, 6 is the number he's been convicted of, but he's apparently admitted to 49.

Woops, I guess this thread is about mass murders, whereas this guy was a serial killer. I guess the correct answer would then be:

April 4, 1996: In Vernon, 30-year-old accountant Mark Vijay Chahal killed his estranged wife Rajwar Kaur Gakhal and nine members of her family, as they prepared for Rajwar's wedding. Karnail Singh Gakhal (Rajwar's father), Darshan Kaur Gakhal (her mother), Balwinder Kaur Gakhal (her sister, the bride), Kalwinder Kaur Gakhal (a sister), Halvinder Kaur Gakhal (a sister), Jaspal Singh Gakhal (her brother), Jasbir Kaur Saran (a sister) and Balgit (Roger) Saran (her brother-in-law). Chahal later killed himself. (Source)

W

Wasabi Poptart

New Jersey: Howard Barton Unruh
Killed: 13; Injured: 3

On September 6, 1949, Howard Barton Unruh (pictured), 28, a paranoid schizophrenic, started firing a Luger pistol on the streets of Camden, killing 13 in the course of only 12 minutes. Unruh was captured and at trial found criminally insane and committed to a mental hospital, where he died in 2009 at the age of 88.
Figures it'd be Camden.
You know what's bad? Before I read your comment at the bottom I said the exact same thing to myself. That should tell you something about Camden.

Maryland: Dawson House Firebombing
Killed: 7

On October 16, 2002, a fatal fire claimed the lives of a courageous Baltimore woman and her family, after neighbor Darrell Brooks (pictured) firebombed their home. Angela Dawson, her husband Carnell and their five children all perished in an attack triggered by Angela telling police about criminal activity in her neighborhood. The murders are considered a fatal consequence of the controversial inner-city Stop Snitchin' ethos which threatens potential police informants with violence. Brooks pleaded guilty to the murders, and the house where the Dawsons once lived is now the Dawson Safe Haven Community Center (sign pictured).
Baltimore, no shit.

That stop snitchin' thing drives me up a fucking wall.

Necronic

Staff member
How about Luis Garavito? Killed ~200 children, gets a 22 year sentence.

Edit: And Pedro Lopez, he went after girls, killed ~200 as well. Just got out of prison and within a couple years was wanted for another murder.

Columbia is awesome.

Virginia: Virginia Tech Massacre
Killed: 32 + Self; Injured: 25
In the deadliest shooting rampage in American history, Virginia Tech senior Seung-Hui Cho, 23, (pictured), a South Korean national suffering from an anxiety disorder, opened fire first at the University's West Ambler Johnston residence hall, then, two hours later, at Norris Hall. During the break in shooting, Cho visited a post office where he mailed a package to NBC News. The package included photographs of himself, as well as a 1,800-word video manifesto in which he explained his disdain for materialism and his desire to become a martyr. The April 16, 2007, attacks, which garnered international attention, ended with Cho's suicide.
I remember this well. The shootings were in the dorm I used to live in and Norris Hall where I used to take classes in room 301 and the auditorium. I was damn lucky to be in Robeson Hall that day.

In Texas even our mass murderers are bigger (and gave us CHL laws)

Texas: Luby's Massacre
Killed: 23 + Self; Injured: 20
Wielding a Glock 17 and a Ruger P89, a deranged George Jo Hennard, 35, (pictured), drove his Ford pickup through the front window of Luby's Cafeteria (pictured) in Killeen on October 16, 1991. Hennard began shooting into the crowded eatery, taking many lives before committing suicide.
Eighteen years later, the town of Killeen would suffer another deadly massacre at the Fort Hood Army Base, where U.S. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly murdered 13 people and injured 30 during a November 5, 2009, shooting.
Well yeah, I mean, have you ever been to a Luby's? I'd probably go on a killing spree if I ever stepped foot in one again.

figmentPez

Staff member
Well yeah, I mean, have you ever been to a Luby's? I'd probably go on a killing spree if I ever stepped foot in one again.
What's wrong with Luby's? They've improved in some ways since the Pappas family bought them out. Though their pie isn't as good as it used to be.

What's wrong with Luby's? They've improved in some ways since the Pappas family bought them out. Though their pie isn't as good as it used to be.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly I haven't been to one in 10 years when I lived in Texas but when I did it was pretty much the only place the old folks could go to get food bland and horrible enough to meet their exquisite nursing home food line tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.