Who the f**k is Alice?

Congrats Sin! She's adorable. Also, coincidentally enough, you are the first of three women I know who had to be induced this week, on three consecutive days.

WOOT!
Grats Sin!
Congratulations Sin!
Thank you!

I always feel compelled to share that my Mom had twins that weighed in at 8.5 pounds... each.
Grats, Sin.

I was 9 pounds 8 ounces :D interestingly enough, I was also a month late. But I don't think I was induced.
I tell ya, after this labor I'm considering making it the last.

...she is so cute though~

Congratulations! Her cheeks need lots of kisses, btw.
They have been getting a lot!

Congrats Sin! She's adorable. Also, coincidentally enough, you are the first of three women I know who had to be induced this week, on three consecutive days.
I don't know if it was the induction that did it but I was in a fuckin' state compared to having Jet. It isn't something I'll soon forget!

I hope your friends do alright!

9 pounds; good gods. You poor thing.

Congratulations to you. How is Jet on being a big brother?
He's pretty excited but a little too rowdy to be trusted! We constantly have to remind him to, you now, not be so rough!

About damn time that adorable bundle of joy popped out!
Agreed.

Congrats! (I know, I'm late to the party) She looks wonderful and worth all the trouble*. ;)

(*This may change when she's a teenager.)

Zappit

Staff member
Nine pounds!?! Cripes - that had to have been a C-Section. Otherwise they'd have had to pop a hip back into place or something.

Congrats! (I know, I'm late to the party) She looks wonderful and worth all the trouble*. ;)

(*This may change when she's a teenager.)
She's already Daddys sook. :p I think we'll be okay for the teen years.

Nine pounds!?! Cripes - that had to have been a C-Section. Otherwise they'd have had to pop a hip back into place or something.
No c-section. Au naturel.

I could hardly walk the day after the birth. Let us just say they botched my epidural..badly.

To the point of their being a major upset during delivery and me being unable to speak...or move...or feel anything below my arms.

I'm pretty sure Alice is your baby
Can't tell if joking or just not getting the reference.

Aaaaaaaaw! Congrats sin!!!
What a beautiful child! Y'all done good there!
Thank you!

Dave

Staff member
To the point of their being a major upset during delivery and me being unable to speak...or move...or feel anything below my arms.
Holy shitsnacks! Was that because of the drugs or because of pressure on the spine? Are you okay?

Holy shitsnacks! Was that because of the drugs or because of pressure on the spine? Are you okay?
I was in rip roarin' labor by the time the anesthesiologist was able to come see me. Blue had to physically hold me down between contractions so they could insert the needle. He did quite the good job, actually, as I fucking HATED him for doing it!

Turns out the doctor was a bit put off his game by my fussing. He some how missed the spot an epidural is supposed to go in! I got a full on spinal with the normal dosage the epi would have been!

So, Blue has this fear of hospitals and after going through that he's bugging out so I tel lhim to take a bit...go grabs some McD's, we'll call him if anything happens. :) MINUTES after he leaves I feel cold...numb! But so cold...then my hands and jaw are shaking. Soon my thoughts are just blinking in and out and I can't really speak....

My blood pressure had dipped way low. A 70 over something? I don't know how that stuff goes but it had the attending nurse in panic. She tried to roll me to my back..and then the babies heart rate would dip too low.

So the anesthesiologist is back along with his senior. Then some nurses and a doctor. I can barely register all this...the only thing I remember REAL clearly is one nurse smiling and saying 'YOU ARE OKAY, OKAY?!'

Well, that and "We should call her husband...." and me responding "Noooot yeeeeeeeeeet." or something like that. Blue is a terrible person to have around in a medical panic!

They dropped the dosage of drugs so I could feel pressure again and soon, aside from the annoying tightening down below and the growing urge to push, I was right as rain. Chatting as if nothing ever happened.

Blue came back I gave him the whole story and he stunned yet somewhat thankful to not have been there.

Fuuuuuuuuck I would not have handled that well, so I get where Blue's coming from. A needle in that area needs to be done just right; it's serious. Sheesh.

I'm glad you guys are okay.

I also forgot the mention that she got cord wrapped upon exit and had to be suctioned. So this makes baby number 2 that was rushed away from me pretty fast after birth!

She was back pretty fast though. :)

Cajungal

Staff member
So glad you're both okay after that ordeal! Congratulations :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Uh...since I have a thread....

Should I be concerned about the sudden swelling in my left leg or do you think it can wait until I see my doctor?