Winter Olympics Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go the Winter Olympics in Vancouver with a friend, we're looking at being there for the end of the Games, so he can get discounted souvenirs when it's over. Currently, hotels are largely unavailable online, so they are either all booked up (possible), not taking online reservations (unlikely), or holding on to the rooms until the event gets closer to release them in blocks (also possible).

I checked the major travel websites and individual hotel chains of all price ranges. I found some apartment rentals that start around $5000 a week, which is as long as we were looking to stay, but more than we were hoping to spend. We would stay in Seattle a few days before and after. The listings on Craigslist and previously unknown real estate websites makes me leery, as I haven't heard of any of these websites before.

Is there any way to check on the reputability of these websites? Perhaps some Canadian people can help, recommend a website, or know someone who is willing to rent out their place to a couple of decent people for a decent price.

If you didn't know, the Olympics are from February 12-28, 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.