Wow, NordVPN can get fucked

This is just a psa for me to explain how much I dislike NordVPN. I'm not even talking about how well they work (or how they got hacked and compromised a ton of used data) I'm just aghast at how shady their customer service is.

I decided to give NordVPN's free trial a spin, particularly their mobile app. So I download the Android version and set up my "free" 7 day trial. Never during this process was the plan pricing disclosed, but since I was using the Android version it seemed to automatically set up payments through Google pay.

Nearing the end of the trial, being the cheap and diligent person I am, I go into my account to cancel the subscription. It's during this time digging through the options that I discover that had I not caught this, I would have been charged up front a hundred bucks for a two year plan. I also notice that there does not seem to be an option to cancel, through the app or their website.

It took googling and digging through support docs to discover that "due to security reasons" they do not allow you to cancel your subscription without first emailing support to enter a support ticket and then calling the support line.

Yeah... Fuck you

That's a little more of an advanced step, if you ask me.
Fair.

Okay, EZ mode is to use IVPN. At least, that's the one that I think _I_ would use after looking at that site's reviews.
EDIT: Since I posted this, now I am not so sure. Their policies have changed somewhat and I would need to review the current status before giving my full endorsement.

--Patrick

Last edited: