[Movies] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Oh god this is going to be terrible. Except for when Fassbender is in it. Then it will be awesome.

Also, remember Brian Singer had an accident after he made the first 2 x-men movies and he forgot how to make movies that don't suck. So don't get your hopes up.
Hey come on, that's not fair. The Oz movie was actually pretty solid.

That was Sam Raimi.
...whoops. Bad case of the dumb there. Sorry.

Okay, yeah, looking at his IMDB directing credits, I'm with you, now.[DOUBLEPOST=1395722297,1395722167][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh no. Oh dear Christ, no...I just had a closer look at some IMDB stuff.

Simon Kinberg wrote the script for this. The same guy who wrote X-Men 3 and This Means War.

Screw it. I no longer have hope for this movie.

...whoops. Bad case of the dumb there. Sorry.

Okay, yeah, looking at his IMDB directing credits, I'm with you, now.[DOUBLEPOST=1395722297,1395722167][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh no. Oh dear Christ, no...I just had a closer look at some IMDB stuff.

Simon Kinberg wrote the script for this. The same guy who wrote X-Men 3 and This Means War.

Screw it. I no longer have hope for this movie.
I just hope that if they still feel the need to show every mutant doing something with his/her powers they bother to get the cash to not make it look dumb as shit. Of the big superhero movies the X-Men have had the wildest range of VFX, from outstanding work to just amazingly crappy. Part of that I assume is because it's such a "big team" they feel like they have to give everyone their 5 seconds on screen but you know what? Screw that. Focus on what works, not "90's Hair guy and his mohawk of screaming fire farts" or whatever.

Why do studios allow tie in sales like this?

Quicksilver in action. . . eating a Carl's JR breakfast sandwich. This does nothing to promote the X-Men brand.

I think it's so surreal that we're getting two different interpretations of Quicksilver in such a short timeframe. Has anything like that ever happened in movies before?

FWIW, I like the Marvel version much better.
And the Marvel version photos are before studio magic is applied. Once those scenes are shown on the big screen they will look amazing. I've read a lot of complaints regarding Scarlett Witch's outfit but I think is fine.
The Fox version of Quicksilver looks bad. For some reason Fox can't get something as simple as hair looking natural. Storm and Quicksilver's hair both look like bad wigs. And I've not been a fan of Mystique and Beast's look. The bright blues look fake on screen. Compare that to The Hulk in The Avengers and it's night and day. I had such high hopes for DOFP (and am still holding out for a great movie) but the more I see of it the less enthusiastic I become.

And the Marvel version photos are before studio magic is applied. Once those scenes are shown on the big screen they will look amazing. I've read a lot of complaints regarding Scarlett Witch's outfit but I think is fine.
I'm glad they're not doing the ugly looking cowl for Wanda. I've never been a fan of any of her looks that incorporated that.

You can see Marvel's versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in motion and all lit and colourized correctly during the credit scene for Cap and they do not look nearly as goofy as either those pictures make them seem or as bad as the dofp ones are.

Sounds like they're taking some comic cannon into account there, which is cool.

Screen debut of Blink is kind of exciting.

So hey... they mention Quicksilver in the 25 Moments thing. You know... the same Quicksilver that is slated to be in Avengers 2?

Anyone else think Disney and Fox are about to throw down? Fuck... I'd love to see Fox lose the rights to mutants and the X-Men. Who WOULDN'T want to see an X-Men movie done by Marvel, in the Marvel Movie Universe?

So hey... they mention Quicksilver in the 25 Moments thing. You know... the same Quicksilver that is slated to be in Avengers 2?

Anyone else think Disney and Fox are about to throw down? Fuck... I'd love to see Fox lose the rights to mutants and the X-Men. Who WOULDN'T want to see an X-Men movie done by Marvel, in the Marvel Movie Universe?
Regarding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, they made a special deal regarding them. Though they are major X-Men characters, they are also old-school members of the Avengers. As such, they arranged it that Fox can use them but cannot reference anything related to the Avengers, whereas Disney can use them but cannot reference the fact that they are Magneto's children and mutants.