Your Tv power.

What Tv trait would you take in real life? Perhaps you just order a beer at a bar and get exactly the kind you wanted. Perhaps you don't have to use the restroom 95% of the time, but the 5% that you do involves hearing secrets you weren't supposed to hear, or having a super bad (but funny to an outsider) experience. You could the huge place that you have no right being able to afford BUT everyone you know comes over all the time. Maybe you have no problem finding a date, but an impossible time finding real love.

I think I'd go with the apartment. If I knew my friends and family could show up at any minute I'd probably clean more and be more organized in general.

I think I'd take that "I'm the protagonist so everything works out for me in the end" power. That's be sweeeeeeeet.

That "no problem finding a date" one is very tempting, but I assume that's included in my original choice. ;)

Zack Morris's time out ability from Saved by the Bell. Not only can I use it to get out of trouble, but it's great for thinking up a plan on the spot.
Also known as-

Fourth wall breaking! I would be like a GOD!

Or the opposite of what I say happens. "Its not like a bucket of semen is going to fall right on top of you!" And I would be aware, AND ALL WOULD FEAR ME!

I'm a Glee fan, so can I take "can burst out into relevant songs, with full musical backing and snazzy dances, at any time"?

Fourth wall breaking! I would be like a GOD!

Or the opposite of what I say happens. "Its not like a bucket of semen is going to fall right on top of you!" And I would be aware, AND ALL WOULD FEAR ME!
One day you'd mess up and say "at least it can't get any worse"

One day you'd mess up and say "at least it can't get any worse"
Yeah double edged sword there, fleh- not any worse a catch than some of the X-men.

I'm a Glee fan, so can I take "can burst out into relevant songs, with full musical backing and snazzy dances, at any time"?
HALF THIS- the other negative half because people who start musicals are probably mind-controlling entities capable of implanting perfect choreography and lyrics into people's brains, and that's a power that's just BOUND to be overthrown.

I wanna be the fat guy with a super hot wife that puts up with all of my antics, despite them likely being a grounds for divorce among any sane people.

fade

Staff member
I wanna be the fat guy with a super hot wife that puts up with all of my antics, despite them likely being a grounds for divorce among any sane people.
Or the "poor", single parent family who somehow affords the giant, beautiful house. This is especially fun if I get to repeatedly point out how badly I'm doing financially as I wander through my palatial estate.

Or the "poor", single parent family who somehow affords the giant, beautiful house. This is especially fun if I get to repeatedly point out how badly I'm doing financially as I wander through my palatial estate.
... hey both of you guys are describing Homer. Apart from Homer not being a single parent.

Also, Imma gonna refer to Fade as "Grimey" now.

I'd love to be able to solve any problem thrown at me in less than an hour.
Alternatively, I'd love to be able to time-compress things to fit within the allotted time.

--Patrick

Be able to hack into any system, break any password or encryption, and download an entire organization's data onto a flash drive in under 26 key presses and 32 seconds.

I'd never use it, though, so it's probably a good fit for me.
You can do any kind of magic so long as you call it 'hacking' and type furiously upon a keyboard.

The more furious you type, the more you hack.

For super advance stuff, you'll need a partner.

I want that database where you can run a partial print (that you ALWAYS get from crime scenes, despite the fact that even the most ignorant of teenagers wears socks or gloves, or despite the fact that you can't get print lifts from some surfaces), or a vague facial shot that you got from the (spotlessly enhanced without artifacting) video, and in short order come up with a match from any database in the world.

Laughtrack.
Personally I'd find that horrifying. ONE- people laughing from no-where and TWO- after I got used to it, I would work WAY too hard to get laughs(kinda like amusing the eye of hell). And that would be my life, amusing voices with out bodies, or doing something sentimental getting an "Awww". Just creepy.

I want that database where you can run a partial print (that you ALWAYS get from crime scenes, despite the fact that even the most ignorant of teenagers wears socks or gloves, or despite the fact that you can't get print lifts from some surfaces), or a vague facial shot that you got from the (spotlessly enhanced without artifacting) video, and in short order come up with a match from any database in the world.
Yeah, but the downside to that is it would never turn out to be that suspect, and now you have to work through the crazy twist, waiting for some b-plot occurrence to give you the inspiration you need to think outside the box.

Yeah, but the downside to that is it would never turn out to be that suspect, and now you have to work through the crazy twist, waiting for some b-plot occurrence to give you the inspiration you need to think outside the box.
He just needs the power they save for the end of the episode. Get them to confess even though their lawyer is present and telling them to shut up, and all you have against them is a super weak and circumstantial case.

OC: We found a hair in your house that belongs to you and blood that belongs to the victim was all over the murder scene!
Suspect: Yeah I did it! And I'd do it again! I should have won the talent show!

or whatever.

I think I'd take that "I'm the protagonist so everything works out for me in the end" power. That's be sweeeeeeeet.

That "no problem finding a date" one is very tempting, but I assume that's included in my original choice. ;)
Oh no it isn't! Everything works out in the end, otherwise there's no movie/show ;P
Another good power is being that secondary character who's very successful and for whom everything goes perfectly (to contrast with the main character's woes). In the end either the main character accepts that my success does not detract from his, if I'm a very nice guy, or fucks me over if I've been an ass

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
He just needs the power they save for the end of the episode. Get them to confess even though their lawyer is present and telling them to shut up, and all you have against them is a super weak and circumstantial case.

OC: We found a hair in your house that belongs to you and blood that belongs to the victim was all over the murder scene!
Suspect: Yeah I did it! And I'd do it again! I should have won the talent show!

or whatever.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428670432,1428670342][/DOUBLEPOST]
Being able to learn or train up for pretty much any skill or talent in 5 minutes through the power of Montage (the Rocky version, not the Kuleshov version)
Good because the latter would require a really long staircase and a baby carriage. Both of which aren't always available.

I think I'm going to have to go with being able to drive anywhere in the country and only having to stop for gas once (and then more for snacks than for gas, seemingly).

Being able to learn or train up for pretty much any skill or talent in 5 minutes through the power of Montage (the Rocky version, not the Kuleshov version)
I was just going to write this. Any tedious or just plain long task is truncated by a musical montage.

The power to leave my inexplicably high-paying and nebulous job at a moment's notice for long stretches of time and not have my boss angry with me in the least. This will enable me to fly to foreign countries at the drop of a hat in order to help a friend find his crush. Or go on a month long car trip to find my long lost Dad. OR fly to a foreign country to go on a month long car trip to help my friend's long lost Dad find his crush.... *note to self: idea for a new show*