Another fargin' Transformers movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, yes.

Fuck Michael Bay. Fuck Shia LeIDon'tFeelLikeLookingUpTheCorrectSpelling. Fuck this movie. Fuck anyone looking forward to this, and double fuck anyone who would dare stoop so low as to like it.

IT'S THE END OF CINEMA AS WE KNOW IT!! AGAIN!! :aaah:

Now that's all out of the way we can move forward without the 20 pages of napalm we had last summer. ;)

*Please take this post in the vein it was intended. Also, it's going on 1am, I'm at work for another 8 hours, and all chores are done. :p

Saw the trailer during previews tonight. I'm pretty damn excited to watch this movie. Heard it'll be in 3D.... I can't wait to watch it opening night in 3D and DBOX seats.

Seriously, I'm counting the days. I can't wait.

Shame about Megan Fox though, I think every movie needs to have a side romance to keep things in perspective.

I'm looking forward to it. I would have liked Transformers 2 if it was 30 minutes shorter (the 20 minutes of racist and sexual jokes that made no sense coming from robots, and 10 minutes of needlessly drawn out final battle). Wrapped inside those 30 minutes of suck was a decent 2 hour flick, with some awesome shots of Optimus Prime.

The preview for it ran before Kung Fu Panda 2 at the Imax. My girlfriend looked at me and said "I'VE GOT TO SEE THAT".

Naturally, she didn't see the first two. I kinda liked the first one and fell asleep during the desert battle in the second one. Debating wether or not to force her to watch the other movies before seeing this one

I almost forgot. Fuck 3D too. Yet another action movie that got hosed down after the fact with 3D juice because the suits got dollar signs in their eyes. :rolleyes:

At least this movie looks like it has threatening villains. Considering how completely worthless the bad guys were in the first 2 movies.

Also, it will be one of the worst movies ever made, but it won't be THE WORST POUND FOR POUND MOVIE EVER MADE like Transformers 2 was.

Also, I won't see it.

Jay, I will spend the 46 dollars I don't spend seeing it in 3D in DBox on a fancy dinner with someone pretty, thus making my night a billion times as fulfilling.

Saw Shia in an interview and he said it's the best of the three movies. He apologized for the second one and acknowledged it was sub par. Thanks you Shia for being honest and I will be in the theater for the third one. Plus, I don't get all the Shia hate. Did you all not grow up with him on Even Stevens? He made that show.

P

Philosopher B.

Sweet, if they try hard enough, maybe number 3 will be merely mediocre!

Saw Shia in an interview and he said it's the best of the three movies. He apologized for the second one and acknowledged it was sub par. Thanks you Shia for being honest and I will be in the theater for the third one. Plus, I don't get all the Shia hate. Did you all not grow up with him on Even Stevens? He made that show.

I love that people keep paying shit tons of cash for all the dumb gimmicks being thrown at us movie-goers. You know what I'll pay extra for? Not dim washed out 3d crap, not gimmicky seats or fake IMAX screens. I pay extra for no kids allowed seating, loveseats, a bottle of wine and food for me and my wife. Now that's good movie-going.

Lots of people on the rag it seems.

It's alright people. I'll still go out and watch these movies. I'll pay for the shitty 3D and sit in my reserved DBOX seat 3 minutes before the movie starts without having to wait in any shape or form. I'll have no one 5 feet behind me kicking my chair, in the perfect row, in the exact middle, eating candy at my heart's content.

I'll have fun. I'll go HELLS YEAH. And most of all, I'll do it ALL AGAIN... why?

Because bitch threads like these are fuckin delicious.

Why do you pay for the shitty 3D, Jay? Do the glasses and popping effect do anything for you? I can't stand that distracting shit, and I hate how the brightness it cut by 50% using the 3D digital projectors. 3D technology's been around for 50+ years, you'd think they'd figure out how to maintain the picture quality.

3D, done well, is more immersive. This franchise will probably use it in an over-the-top manner similar to the way thye use explosions in an over-the-top manner, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the careful use of 3D in recent movies.

If you saw Avatar in 3D, you might have a good grasp of how 3D enhances the experience without becoming gimmicky. Even UP in 3D was exhilarating to watch the vast expanses and the placement of the characters on them.

In fact, movies have spent so much time making sure characters pop out of the background over the last century, I suspect that we'll see more interesting use of 3D to convey that same sense of depth that 2D movies are having to trick us into seeing. This may not be as big a change as black and white to color, but it's having a similar effect on how the movies are made.

Eventually everything will be shot in 3D, though you'll still be able to watch it in 2D if you prefer. However, directors will have to choose whether they will still cater for 2D presentations. In the same way a sound engineer would choose totally different mixes for a stereo setup vs a surround sound setup, directors will be making choices knowing that people will be able to see the relative positioning of movie elements.

But, you know, you've got quite some time before you won't be able to watch a movie in 2D, so if that's your preference, go for it. If you really prefer movies in 3D once they stop showing them in 2D, craft your own set of 3D glasses that only show one side - it's pretty easy to do. I've built some Real3D polarizing lenses into a junked pair of sunglasses, and it's significantly more comfortable than the hard plastic one-size-fits-all junk they hand you at the theater.

Everyone who enjoys 3D say eye eye!

:csi:

Why do you pay for the shitty 3D, Jay? Do the glasses and popping effect do anything for you? I can't stand that distracting shit, and I hate how the brightness it cut by 50% using the 3D digital projectors. 3D technology's been around for 50+ years, you'd think they'd figure out how to maintain the picture quality.
Dude, quit being "on the rag" or as some of us call it, "having a different opinion/experience".
Added at: 16:49
The only 3D I've found to be worth paying extra money on Adam is, so far, Avatar. Every other "3D" movie I've wasted money on has been post conversion and has looked like total crap. Why waste money on a dimmer picture and sub par 3D when you could enjoy the movie and save 10 bucks? I'd rather save my cash for movies that do 3D correctly.

The post-conversion movies suck at 3D. If that's what escushion has seen and is complaining about, then I'll be right there with him picketing against those abominations.

Avatar was good. The 3D animated films have been pretty decent (and those are mostly true 3D). We're going to see a lot more real 3D over time.

Yup. I mean, hey, enjoy what you want, but post conversion 3D is the same dumb gimmick that separates you from your cash just like the fake "imax" screens everyone is charging more for these days.
I would have liked to see Thor in the theater but I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste money on post conversion 3D and no one around here is playing anything but. Guess I'll wait for Blu-Ray.

I saw Werner Herzog's latest documentary "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" in 3D, and it was amazing. I couldn't imagine seeing it any other way.

Also, it's classless and shitty to use "on the rag" as a synonym for something negative or being a "complainer", but I'm sure everyone knows that :)

I saw Werner Herzog's latest documentary "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" in 3D, and it was amazing. I couldn't imagine seeing it any other way.
I've heard it's AMAZING. He was on Science Friday discussing shooting in in 3D and unfortunately, while "Thor" is in crap 3D on like 8 screens, Cave is NOT being shown in real 3D anywhere in the metro area. How dumb is that?

I've heard it's AMAZING. He was on Science Friday discussing shooting in in 3D and unfortunately, while "Thor" is in crap 3D on like 8 screens, Cave is NOT being shown in real 3D anywhere in the metro area. How dumb is that?
I was really surprised that it showed up in a random theater in Houston. A huge 30 screen theater just kind of randomly had it there instead of any other of the huge money making 3D movies on one of their screens. Odd, but I wasn't about to complain.

J

Jiarn

Plus, I don't get all the Shia hate. Did you all not grow up with him on Even Stevens? He made that show.
Even Stevens was boring, trite, and a rip-off of many young teen sitcoms that came before it. It did nothing original, it did not stand out on it's own merits in any way. Shia hate, comes from the fact that he's a talentless actor with no ground to stand on, but somehow, someway gets cast in major roles that he has done nothing to deserve, all the while ruining a large part of the film with his presence. He's the Jar Jar Binks of every movie he's in.

That clear enough?

I honestly don't think Shia is bad at all. I don't think he's amazing, but I don't think he's done anything to ruin the movies he's in, that weren't already ruined simply due to the way his part was written.

Shia hate, comes from the fact that he's a talentless actor with no ground to stand on, but somehow, someway gets cast in major roles that he has done nothing to deserve, all the while ruining a large part of the film with his presence. He's the Jar Jar Binks of every movie he's in.
Shia is the Wil Wheaton of this generation. He'll be loved and revered next decade.

And regarding the 3D debate I'm all for 3D if it adds to the movie and not just a gimmick. Avatar is a great example of 3D enhancing the experience. Clash of the Titans is a good example of it being nothing more than a distraction.

J

Jiarn

No. No he won't. He's going to disappear and end up a washed up nothing. I will be quite happy when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.