Export thread

1/3 of dinosaurs might go bye-bye..

@Li3n

@Li3n

And it's all because of our age old enemy, puberty...

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2009/10/30_dino_demise.shtml

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That report is two years old.

Breaking news?

Dave

Dave

You're not my real dad, Thog!

@Li3n

@Li3n

That report is two years old.
So was it posted before?

makare

I hope my favorite dinosaur isn't on the chop list :(

strawman

strawman

I hope my favorite dinosaur isn't on the chop list :(
If it is, you'll merely learn that it was a adult/child version of another existing dino. It won't cease to exist, but its name might change.

And if you only loved it for its name, then your love was but a wisp and a dream anyway.

:awesome:

makare

If you were an alien from another planet and you thought children were their own species and that thought they were wonderful only to find out they were just the earlier stage of adults, wouldn't you be a little disappointed?

strawman

strawman

If you were an alien from another planet and you thought children were their own species and that thought they were wonderful only to find out they were just the earlier stage of adults, wouldn't you be a little disappointed?
It would depend entirely on how delicious they were.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

So what's your favourite dino, Mak?

makare

strawman

strawman

Ooooh, good choice. I like that one a lot.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Go big, or go home!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

That scene in Jurassic Park 3 where that thing wrenched free of the T-Rex's bite (a bite believed powerful enough to pick up and crush a semi trailer) and broke his neck made me mad. HE HAD HIS JAWS ON HIM!! THAT FIGHT WAS OVER!
Added at: 15:15
That scene in Jurassic Park 3 where that thing wrenched free of the T-Rex's bite (a bite believed powerful enough to pick up and crush a semi trailer) and broke his neck made me mad. HE HAD HIS JAWS ON HIM!! THAT FIGHT WAS OVER!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Maybe it was just a love bite. T-Rex is all "RAAAAWRAAAAAARWW!*" and Spinosaurus is like "RAAAAAAUGHARUUUU!**"

*Come back baby, I'm sorry
**Fuck you!

Tiq

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Go big, or go home!
That's what she said?

makare

We are soul mates!
Yay!

Vagabond

Vagabond

Jurassic Park 3.....made me mad
Yes.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus time periods were divided by over 40 million years. They could never have fought.

...I was an asshole kid; I'd go up to my dad's friends with two dinosaur toys, one huge, one small, and ask which would win. When they'd say the bigger one, I'd say nope, trick question, they were alive in different time periods. Dad said his friends wanted to kill me.

Side-note: dinosaurs are so awesome. Titanosaur at 82 feet. 82 fucking feet. Stand out in the parking lot and visual that. I gotta get back to the Natural History Museum on one of my next NYC trips.

makare

Would that fact even matter? When I am asked questions like that I just assue some kind of transreality situation where two things would come together.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Would that fact even matter? When I am asked questions like that I just assue some kind of transreality situation where two things would come together.
Right, but I was 6.

Asshole 6.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@QP: I was the same way... that, and people would ask "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "A paleontologist!" "That's..... nice.... (what's a paleontologist?)"

Trolling adults still hasn't gotten old, BTW... *evil grin*

Adam

Adammon

Real Facts: I just went to the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller this summer (For like the 6th time in my life) and it never gets old :)

The fact they have one of the best T-rex skeletons in existence on display is amazing. That said, they did also used to have a brachiosaurus display as well if I remember correctly but it looks like they ran out of space and replaced it with a bunch of maiasaurs and ceratopsians. The fact that they have their preservation workspaces opened up to the public is just awesome as well - catch them at a good time and you can see them hard at work pulling those fossils out of the rocks. Very neat.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Why is he walking on water? :confused:

The biblical implications of that drawing are...interesting...

makare

Sue is from south dakota. Booya sodak.

evilmike

evilmike