Export thread

1 Year Anniversary.

Dave

Dave

In 17 days - Friday November 27 - Halforums will have been around for a year. It's been an interesting ride, fraught with peril, drama and much gnashing of teeth. We've seen server changes, software changes and mod changes.

So what should we do that day? I have the day off so we can do about anything.

Ideas?

Rubicon

I say we have a long running live podcast, like a marathon podcast all day long

Steven Soderburgin

Make me a mod for the day.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I say we have a long running live podcast, like a marathon podcast all day long
Loving this idea!

How about a mini contest?

Chibibar

well.... year 1 is paper.....

donation drive? (well at least get some bank for the forum)

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

This is a terrible idea. And now you can't do it since I have ensured that I'm first against the wall.

Dave

Dave

well.... year 1 is paper.....

donation drive? (well at least get some bank for the forum)
No. Thanks, though.

Steven Soderburgin

This is a terrible idea. And now you can't do it since I have ensured that I'm first against the wall.[/QUOTE]

Make me and Charlie Dont Surf mods for the day.

Shannow

Shannow

Has it been a year since I was banned?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

This is a terrible idea. And now you can't do it since I have ensured that I'm first against the wall.[/QUOTE]

Make me and Charlie Dont Surf mods for the day.[/QUOTE]

Mutually assured destruction.

Steven Soderburgin

Why must we fight?

Gusto

Gusto

I'd be in for the daylong podcast.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I will be doing Thanksgiving stuff. So, I won't be around. Happy anniversary! Hope this place is still around when I come back; unlike last year.

Krisken

Krisken

Reward yourself Dave. Take the day off. Get away from us Knuckleheads for a while.

Then come back and ban us all.

Dave

Dave

I will be doing Thanksgiving stuff. So, I won't be around. Happy anniversary! Hope this place is still around when I come back; unlike last year.
:rofl:

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

That was a big shock!:eek::confused::mad::( <- I did that.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah if this was anything like last year, I'd be so involved in getting my main to 80 after the release of WotLK that I wouldn't even notice when the forum went down.

Dave

Dave

The IRC was hopping that day. Simply hopping!

Gusto

Gusto

We should send Kurtz a thank you card.

Not even kidding.

Dave

Dave

Not even kidding.
Neither am I. But I can't see how he'd take it any other way than sarcastic.

Gusto

Gusto

Not even kidding.
Neither am I. But I can't see how he'd take it any other way than sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

Either way. :)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Not even kidding.
Neither am I. But I can't see how he'd take it any other way than sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

Either way. :)[/QUOTE]

Does anyone still have that Avatar based art that someone did months ago? With everyone's avatar's hand drawn? I think we should take that image, turn it into a card, and send it. Too bad we all can't sign it!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Not even kidding.
Neither am I. But I can't see how he'd take it any other way than sarcastic.[/quote]

Either way. :)[/quote]

Does anyone still have that Avatar based art that someone did months ago? With everyone's avatar's hand drawn? I think we should take that image, turn it into a card, and send it. Too bad we all can't sign it![/QUOTE]

We could use MS paint.

Baerdog

Baerdog

We could do another big :Leyla: mosaic with everyone's avatars, put it on a card, and send it to ol' Kurt.

Rubicon

Not even kidding.
How about a bag of dog shit lit on fire on his doorstep?

His address is online and we got plenty of forumites who live in Texas ;)

Gusto

Gusto

Not even kidding.
How about a bag of steaming dog shit on his doorstep?

His address is online and we got plenty of forumites who live in Texas ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, including Shego.

But no, that's just rude. Let's take the high road here. :)

Espy

Espy

Not even kidding.

Yeah, you know... thats actually a really good idea. I'm down.

Dave

Dave

I have no hate for Scott. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Kris.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

How would we sign it?

Hylian

Hylian

I won't be able to spend the whole day here but I surely will jump in for awhile.

Baerdog

Baerdog

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Wow, can you believe it's been a whole year since you shut down the PVP forum and we went our separate ways? Things have been going really well for us. We recently moved to our own dedicated server and Halforums seems to be doing really well. How are you? We heard that Assetbar didn't work out so well. That sucks. Keep trying though; eventually you'll find something that works to keep you in touch with the community. Anyway, stay classy.

Love,
The People at Halforums

Covar

Covar

Not even kidding.

Yeah, you know... thats actually a really good idea. I'm down.[/QUOTE]

I like this. Who cares how Scott takes it. It's not for him.

Another idea: Black Friday Sale - Give people the opportunity to buy a mug.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Not even kidding.
Hmmmm....

Everyone signs this and Voila!

Edit: I actually have nothing against Kurtz...thats just what popped into my head.

Dave

Dave

Yous peoples is EVIL!

Espy

Espy

Yeah, nothing mean, just a "hope things are going well for you, we are doing great!" :p

You know it would be funny.

But really, I dunno, maybe we do a 1 day contest, like which mod can ban the most people in 24 hours?

Cajungal

Cajungal

That all day podcast idea is great. And the day after we could all ship Dave some lozenges.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Hey Scott,

Thanks for inadvertently giving us the push to become an independent community. A year has passed, and it's shown us that we can survive without a common theme, and we're also no longer your responsibility to police.

Without fans to worry about, maybe after a year you can finally get back to writing some enjoyable comics.

Dave

Dave

You people are rough, man. Rough.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Maybe a note isn't such a good idea. Tone is the toughest thing to portray through writing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Why don't we make our 1-year anniversary "Get it out of your system" day. People have one more chance to bitch about it, then the day after we get to start saying, "Get over it! It was more than a year ago!"

Dave

Dave

Or an Alt-o-rama. :)

Piotyr

Piotyr

We could just do something silly fun that won't drive Dave to insanity.

Krisken

Krisken

Hell, I was going to do this anyways.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hell, I was going to do this anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm already preparing for the mod onslaught.

Ooh! I'll be at work! That'll be fun :D

Steven Soderburgin

Seriously, though, if you made me mod, I'd probably just forget about it and not come here at all that day.

Rob King

Rob King

I have a Montecristo No. 4 which I have been saving. Perhaps we should all simultaneously smoke a cigar of celebration.

What about some sort of yearbook-style video. Pick a song (nothing lame), and do a slide show of our avatars, (or whatever picture you'd rather to represent you), username and one or two lines about the forum, the occasion, or whatever else.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

We need... a montage.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

We need... a montage.
even rocky had a montage

General Specific

General Specific

Dear Kurtz,

It's been years and years since we went off and formed our own little community. Now some other people are all acting like they thought of it first and are all cool and shit. Well, what they don't know CAN and WILL hurt them. Right when they least expect it. Consider it an early Christmas present.

Love,
The Krewmembers

P.S. General Zod sends hugs and zashes.

...wait, this isn't... crap!

Shannow

Shannow

All day podcast, go! Dave, I will be in on it with ya, brah!

Gusto

Gusto

If it's on a Friday I can be there for a fair chunk of it too, if not all of it.

And I can drink!

Dave

Dave

Wow. Could I even pull off an all-day podcast? WTF would I talk about?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Hour nine: Dave's arm itches, and he may be out of beer.

Shannow

Shannow

We would be hammered by the end of it. Start it a friday evening or Saturday morning.

Adam

Adammon

Y'know, every podcast you say this and it makes me laugh.

"We aren't going to have enough to fill the time"

And yet I've never listened to one that didn't end up going overtime because you/guests just start blabbing away.

You could do an 8 hour podcast and just leave the phones open for people to come in and chat, almost like Vent. In fact, almost identical to Vent, just recorded.

A Day in the Life of Halforum. Brought to you by PVPOnline.com (indirectly)

Dave

Dave

Filling an hour with a vague idea of an outline is much different than filling an 8 hour shift.

Adam

Adammon

Filling an hour with a vague idea of an outline is much different than filling an 8 hour shift.
Really? I don't think you could get Psyclone or Shannow to stop talking enough over that 8 hour period to let anyone else talk ;)

Add in Ross, Frazwozel and some of the girlies, I don't see it as too difficult. After all, I remember 12 hour raids in Onyxia that just gets filled up with nonsense. Just don't be afraid to have some dead air I suppose - let someone else fill it.

Or set aside 30 minutes to an hour for each person to chair their own "Halforum Podcast"

Rubicon

Hour 14, Dave runs out of stuff to ramble about and busts out the funky grooves on the turntable

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Baerdog nailed it if we write a letter, it MUST be started:

Dear Kurt,

and yes, Scott is only a few hours drive from here.... How about for our anniversary I post a pic of me holding my mug/lil'richard in front of his house? :twisted:

Rob King

Rob King

We need... a montage.
even rocky had a montage[/QUOTE]

Damn. That's the word I was looking for.

Gusto

Gusto

Dear Kurt,

and yes, Scott is only a few hours drive from here.... How about for our anniversary I post a pic of me holding my mug/lil'richard in front of his house? :twisted:
Hand delivering the letter. :)

Espy

Espy

Dear Kurt,

LOL

Here's a better letter (I'm sorry Dave, I'm just so tickled by this I can't help myself)

Dear Kurt,
As fellow tastemakers perhaps you understand our need to grow on our own. You set us free to be who we needed to be.
Our podium is not large. But most of us are pretty big dudes. I mean, this is the internet. We also have skinnies.
So that's cool.
Maybe someday we can get together and make taste together.
Peace.
-Halforums

Gusto

Gusto

That is excellent.

Espy is a pioneer in his field.

Espy

Espy

That is excellent.

Espy is a pioneer in his field.
I even have a covered wagon.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You're all being very not nice to Mr Kurtz. Since the anniversary is around the American Thanksgiving, we should extend out thanks to Scott and show that we may have parted on poor terms, we wouldn't exist today without him. I think we should pitch in and get the man a nice present for helping create this community, something useful though, like a newspaper subscription.

Gusto

Gusto

We could put PVP in a newspaper of our own publishing so that his agitated spirit can finally pass on.

Espy

Espy

. I think we should pitch in and get the man a nice present for helping create this community, something useful though, like a newspaper subscription.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

"Yo, Kurt! How's that podium? Best wishes, etc. etc."

Gusto

Gusto

"Kurt" is the new "Steve Kuntz".

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

"Kurt" is the new "Steve Kuntz".
"Kurt" is my generation's "Steve Kuntz"!

HowDroll

HowDroll

I should post pictures of my boobs as an anniversary gift to you all.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Me too!

Dave

Dave

:behindsofa:

Calleja

Calleja

Can the Podcast be Ventrilo-'d and still recorded? I'd like to join in, but have no way of making a call that's not, y'know, long distance... and Skype needs credit card, which I don't have :(

Dave

Dave

I understand there's supposed to be a way to record Vent, but I haven't figured it out.

Gusto

Gusto

Doomdragon records our DnD sessions, it's possible. :)

Calleja

Calleja

Yay free calling in!

Dave

Dave

With a maximum of 15 people.

Hmm. Vent + IRC for chatting. This might be possible.

Calleja

Calleja

You could eject people at certain intervals so everyone that wants to join in gets a chance?

With permanent members, of course, like Dave and me and Dave and uh.. me. Maybe Goosto and Cajun and me and Dave, too.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Does Kurt have a mug? We could send him one of those with our note stuffed inside.

Dave

Dave

Does Kurt have a mug? We could send him one of those with our note stuffed inside.
That's fucking GENIUS!!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow, I really really like that idea.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

40 years of Sesame Street.
20 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall.
1 year after the fall of the Halfpixel Forums... Coincidence?

Yeah.

Calleja

Calleja

Especially since they're all weeks apart.

Dave

Dave

I need Scott's home address....STAT!

Calleja

Calleja

42!

Gusto

Gusto

Update the mug design with our current logo/URL though. :)

tegid

tegid

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Wow, can you believe it's been a whole year since you shut down the PVP forum and we went our separate ways? Things have been going really well for us. We recently moved to our own dedicated server and Halforums seems to be doing really well. How are you? We heard that Assetbar didn't work out so well. That sucks. Keep trying though; eventually you'll find something that works to keep you in touch with the community. Anyway, stay classy.

Love,
The People at Halforums[/quote]

I vote for this as the final note to send him.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

And I vote for this as the official celebration.

Dave

Dave

In other news...

\"Kurt\" said:
I finally got around to starting up a personal blog. This is where I’ll dump all the stuff that doesn’t really fit at PvPonline.com or Webcomics.com. You can check it out at www.scottkurtz.com.

Baerdog

Baerdog

So we've decided on:

- :Leyla: face avatar mosaic card (?)
- my note
- Halforums mug

I really, really like this idea.

Rubicon

I need Scott's home address....STAT!
Scott Kurtz
2761 Peach Drive
Little Elm, TX 75068

Phone: 214-726-2875

Home:

Kitty Sinatra

I am apparently alone in voting for "Go crawling back to Kurtz."

:paranoid:

Adam

Adammon

I am apparently alone in voting for "Go crawling back to Kurtz."

:paranoid:
I guess you just don't get Kurt either.

rabbitgod

While I don't share as much of the hate of Kurt (there's some, but I wasn't around long enough on the last forum to really build that bond) I do have to say that the suggestions in here are Hi-fucking-larious.

Like snort laugh at work with coworkers looking at me funny.

Also I fully endorse Silver Jelly showing his boobs.

What's that?

Oh, I'm being told I voted for the wrong set...and that I'm stupid.

Twitch

I think the letter shouldn't be rude. I think it should show that we're all adults here despite our best attempts to prove otherwise, but hey, that's just me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I do like espy's use of "tastemaker." :rofl:

Espy

Espy

I do like espy's use of "tastemaker." :rofl:
I'm telling you, my letter is by far the best. If there was poll for it I would WIPE THE MOTHERTRUCKING FLOOR with it.

strawman

strawman

Well, whatever we send, on the back we should have, "F#$@ YOU IT'S FUNNY"

But this juski original should be considered:

-Adam

strawman

strawman

Oh, also, to halforums:

Armadillo

Late to the party, but...

ElJuski

ElJuski

Yeah hers are pretty dec

chakz

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Love,

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

And I vote for this as the official celebration.[/QUOTE]

You know, she's probably not talking about the boobs that are attached to her. Just boobs she happens to own.

Iaculus

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Love,

And I vote for this as the official celebration.[/quote]

You know, she's probably not talking about the boobs that are attached to her. Just boobs she happens to own.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. I mean, who hasn't got a few dozen stuffed in the freezer?

Or is that just me?

strawman

strawman

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Love,

You know, she's probably not talking about the boobs that are attached to her. Just boobs she happens to own.[/quote]

Or is that just me?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not just you. We usually buy a large bag of frozen breasts at sam's club every so often. They are so handy to have around when you need to make a casserole. Just like Mable taught us.

Soliloquy

Other podcast ideas:

1) Schedule a live debate between two of our more vocal, ad hominem-prone forumites.

2) Feature the music or writings of some of the forumites.

3) Make cheezy, 30's style, halforum-related radio play. Get some forumites to help with the voice work.

4) Have some kind of game that people can call in and play.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Hello Kurt my name is Dug and on behalf of Halforums I wanted to tell you tha-

SQUIRREL!

-that we are doing well one year later.

Shannow

Shannow

Oh sure, noooooow everyone wants to be on the cast

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

[

Or is that just me?
Not just you. :ninja:

Gusto

Gusto

It occurs to me that a daylong podcast would probably have a HUGE file size and it's incredibly unlikely that anyone besides me would ever listen to it.

tegid

tegid

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Love,

You know, she's probably not talking about the boobs that are attached to her. Just boobs she happens to own.[/QUOTE]

Well of course, that's what I meant! It would be creepy otherwise!
:ninja:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It occurs to me that a daylong podcast would probably have a HUGE file size and it's incredibly unlikely that anyone besides me would ever listen to it.
It would be less "huge podcast" and more "live talk radio show". Someone could record it and break it up if they really like.

Gusto

Gusto

I need to talk to Doomdragon... :)

chakz

How would we sign it?
Dear Kurt,

Love,

Well of course, that's what I meant! It would be creepy otherwise!
:ninja:[/QUOTE]

So we are agreed then? We all want to see Howdroll's prize winning collection of boobs.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Excuse any holes in my reading comprehension, but the podcast goes up Thanksgiving? I might be able to pop in if its the day after, or sometime after that...

Shannow

Shannow

Day after, though I would say best bet would be the saturday, for folks who still have work on friday.

Dave

Dave

Anyone with a credit card want to order a product for Scott? Unfortunately I don't have the funds but if someone wants to step up I would be more than happy to drop all fees from Cafepress. A mousepad would be the cheapest, even though with the shipping it can be pricey.

BUT! I also have $14 worth of CafeCash that I can put towards it. So it can be as cheap as $2 or as expensive as $18. I'll leave that up to you...but I get to write the note.

Also note that when this is done I can NOT go back in and see your credit card number. The system will show me the last 4 numbers but that's it. You will be getting my login information so you can basically create havoc in the store so there's a 2-way bit o' trust going on.

And I'll have another Anniversary announcement coming up about what's going to go down on that day. Stay tuned!

(If you want to help send a mousepad to Kurt then send me a PM and we'll discuss.)

Hylian

Hylian

Anyone with a credit card want to order a product for Scott? Unfortunately I don't have the funds but if someone wants to step up I would be more than happy to drop all fees from Cafepress. A mousepad would be the cheapest, even though with the shipping it can be pricey.

BUT! I also have $14 worth of CafeCash that I can put towards it. So it can be as cheap as $2 or as expensive as $18. I'll leave that up to you...but I get to write the note.

Also note that when this is done I can NOT go back in and see your credit card number. The system will show me the last 4 numbers but that's it. You will be getting my login information so you can basically create havoc in the store so there's a 2-way bit o' trust going on.

And I'll have another Anniversary announcement coming up about what's going to go down on that day. Stay tuned!

(If you want to help send a mousepad to Kurt then send me a PM and we'll discuss.)

What if someone used PayPal to send you the money to you can order it?

Shakey

Shakey

Get him the thong.

Dave

Dave

Nope. You have to have a credit card. Which totally bones me.

Scott,

This mousepad is given to you as a sincere gift commemorating the 1 year anniversary of Halforums. I know that there have been some issues in the past, but without you there would be no us. So seriously, man, thanks. We still love you and hope you're well.

Your friends at Halforums.com.

Shannow

Shannow

if it is just a couple bucks, i will do it, hoss.

Shannow

Shannow

shoot me a pm dave

Dave

Dave

Needs at least a tiny barb.
Why?

Dave

Dave

Sorry, Shannow, but I was responding to someone else when you wrote that. If need be I will hit ya up but I think we're covered. Thanks, though!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

*moist with excitement*

Dave

Dave

*moist with excitement*
Pics or it....never mind.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

*moist with excitement*
Pics or it....never mind.[/QUOTE]
Nonono. TRUST me on this.

Baerdog

Baerdog

So you've already got a donor? I'd mentioned in IRC the other week that I'd be willing to pony up for a mug and I'm still willing to do so.

Dave

Dave

Got someone and it's sent. We went with a mousepad because I updated the design.

Calleja

Calleja

link to the new design?

Hylian

Hylian

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Awesome!

Calleja

Calleja

But that's the podcast's logo! The headphones make no sense without that context ¬¬