[MLB] 2011 ALCS & NLCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both NLDS series are tied 2-2, and will finish up tomorrow night. Rangers have a spot in the ALCS and the Tigers and Yankees are tied 2-2 with Game 5 starting at 8pm EST.

ALCS starts Saturday on Fox time TBA.
NLCS starts Sunday on TBS (sorry NL fans) time TBA.

I'm glad they've limited days off this post season to travel days again. Means we don't need to be watching Baseball this November.

I can't see either series sweeping, regardless of which clubs are playing.

Well, if Pfister doesn't pitch considerably better than he did in Game 1+, and Nova pitches as well as he did during that game, the Yankees should take the series.

I think it's notable that there were no sweeps, and 3/4 of the divisional series are going to game 5. That shows clear competitive balance between the teams that made it.

B

BErt

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous this game...good series Yankees.

That said, Go Tigers! Have to give it up, their pitching got into trouble several times but were always able to pitch out of it. Fantastic, cardiac arresting series.

That was so frustrating - the Yankees left way too many guys on base, and you just knew A-Fraud was going to strike out. It's all he ever does in the postseason, when he's not killing rallies by hitting into double-plays.

Well done, Tigers. Win it for the American League.

I have never liked the Yankees. I don't know what it is about them, I just don't like them as a team. But there was a scene in last night's game that made me wish that I liked them so I could cheer for them to complete their comeback and go on in the series. It was during the 7th inning, when the bases were loaded and Benoit had already walked in a run, and Swisher was up to bat. The camera panned over to a group of fans where it looked like a kid around 11 or 12 (maybe a little older, I suck at guaging peoples' ages by looking at them) and his dad and grandfather, and I couldn't help but think how much more awesome their memory of the game would be if the Yankees won the game, instead of losing. Didn't last too long though, glad the Tigers won.

I had an epiphany the other night.

30 years ago, on a cool, crisp fall Saturday in Milwaukee, a mustachioed reliever started down a batter wearing a Detroit jersey. The crowd was rocking, and with a swing of the bat, there was absolute pandemonium. The big chested catcher jumped into the reliever's arms, and the Milwaukee Brewers finally, finally, had their first ever post-season playoff berth.

Fast forward to sometime later this month. There's some differences, sure, but the bottom line is that a bunch of Milwaukee baseball fans are yelling and screaming as a mustachioed reliever fires a strike past the second baseman for the Detroit Tigers. The catcher charges out to the mound, the first baseman and second baseman jump up and down as they are all caught in a huge celebration in the middle of Miller Park.

What goes around, comes around.

My prediction: Brewers and Tigers in the World Series, with the Brewers winning in six games.

Hell of a playoffs so far. Granted, I haven't picked a single correct result, but seriously, those were a lot of close games!

B

BErt

Oof. Can anything else go wrong for the Tigers this series? Delmon Young hurt and out, Magglio out, Delmon hurt and back in, having to pitch Ryan Perry (heh). Ungood. I won't "worry" until we lose one at home because I think we have the talent to do this, but...ok I lied, I'm worried.

Not taking anything away from Texas mind you, they are playing great baseball. But Detroit is capable of better.

Wow, great game! Brewers and Cardinals are 2 wins each. Rangers and Tigers are also 2 wins each. Amazing. Here's hoping for some great games coming up.

Rangers are up 3-2, actually. Detroit is going to have to win 3 in a row (they've got 1 down already, I suppose).

The difference, this time around, is that WE have the home field advantage.

Irony: it had been 29 years and a day since we last won a road playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.