Export thread

2021-2022 NHL Season

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Watching opening night, 2nd intermission with this season’s news broadcast team. I like that they’ve brought in Messier and Chelios as part of the team. Two guys that can actually discuss hockey unlike some past years with the other networks.

Tampa is currently trailing a Crosby and Malkin-less Pittsburgh 2-0.

Here’s to a great season

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

a Crosby and Malkin-less Pittsburgh
And a Mike Lange-less. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sigh

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So nice of the referees to make Seattle feel at home.

blotsfan

blotsfan

It starts today. I don’t wanna.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20211013_112530.jpg

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A week late, but...

BErt

BErt

For anyone not following the Habs/Canes rivalry it’s hitting amazing new heights

background:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Jerks. ;)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

For anyone not following the Habs/Canes rivalry it’s hitting amazing new heights

background:
No it isn't. Montreal does not care, none of their fans care. It's an entirely one sided rivalry.

BErt

BErt

No it isn't. Montreal does not care, none of their fans care. It's an entirely one sided rivalry.
4CE06266-3CBF-4304-AA76-724ED4625162.png

jwhouk

jwhouk

That’s so Petty, you need to move to High Point NC to be with kinfolk.

blotsfan

blotsfan

God help me I’m about to let myself get hurt again aren’t I?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20211013_112428.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

"We display our pain proudly on our heads for others to see."

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20211026_102310.jpg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Plan the parade.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Very happy to have Eichel. At least McDavid didn't go to Toronto.
Well. At least McDavid didn’t go to toronto.

BErt

BErt

What in the Pavel Datsyuk just happened?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

What in the Pavel Datsyuk just happened?
When his statue goes up, it'll be of this goal.

PatrThom

PatrThom

When his statue goes up, it'll be of this goal.
And they'll plant five trees around it.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

...WTF just happened?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, I think I figured it out.

Rags had it on a clear, and they were trying to get a line change. Only got one guy off the ice as McDavid corralled the puck. Last Oiler skater got onside, and McD just decided to rush them. Two D in front, winger trying to pinch at the line, far winger doing a u-turn to try to disrupt the play. Wingers are probably gassed, and D-pair are probably just shocked to see McDavid rushing at them. He dipsy-doodles through them, leaving both wingers waving at air. Goalie is going, WTF are these guys doing in front of me Oh CRAP OH CRAP DAMNIT! And he guessed wrong on the final move, while all McD had to do was skate it into the net. Soon as he let it slide into the net, he’s got his mouthpiece out, circling around and celebrating loudly.

Bad clear, bad line change, bad turnover, bad commit, bad bad bad BAD goal allowed by Rags.

The fourth line center of the Kraken could have scored on that one.

ADDENDUM - Didn’t see that McD had actually mishandled the clear attempt that resulted in the Oilers all having to get onside. I still contend that the Kraken could have scored here.

Vrii

Vrii

That is an absolutely wild effort to not give McDavid credit for beating 4 guys and the goalie to score an incredible goal.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That is an absolutely wild effort to not give McDavid credit for beating 4 guys and the goalie to score an incredible goal.
I mean, it's not like he did it to the Preds or anything. ;)

BErt

BErt

Yzerman might be ok at this GM thing
79086F99-1CDB-4E67-9959-7A68A452A05D.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

My contention is, the Rags are bad, yo.

As for the snide comment: No one else will ever wear the number 35 in Nashville Predators franchise history - as it should be.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I really think the silver stick should be 500 games for goalies.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Because it needs to be posted.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Word is the Fenway Group is very interested in buying the Penguins. Looks like the purchase price would be about $900 million.

Although I'm assured this is a Good Thing, the Pirates fan side of me is raging.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Might make for some interesting Winter Classic/Stadium Series events...

"Wait, why are the Penguins wearing their home uniforms here at Fenway?"

BErt

BErt

5B709C75-1D75-448E-8FEF-96FDA2BD45BF.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Reply.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Witty counter reply.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Comment with sad attempt at humor

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

We're gonna be right back where we started, aren't we?

But it makes sense to stay home. China's gonna try to China their way out of it, and anyone who makes the trip will be exposed.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The NHLPA is in agreement - and are saying "we are planning on attending in 2026."

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:whistling:

blotsfan

blotsfan

This is genuinely disgusting.

BErt

BErt

Look out, they’re dancing out there!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Fids always was a lover, not a fighter. :D

BErt

BErt

Breaking News: Hockey has only been played since last year. The Sutters, Howes, and Sedins never existed.10E72B4C-1B00-4925-A0D9-4A9BC53D5D9C.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

I believe some of the Staals have played together in some combination as well.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Take that Canada!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Glorious

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Good things happen when you get rid of Eichel.

BErt

BErt

Hmmm. Must be April

blotsfan

blotsfan

Blow, Leafs, blow!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Guy Lafleur has passed away.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Three things in life are certain:

Death.
Taxes.
The Buffalo Sabres will never get the #1 overall pick in the draft lottery.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Death.
Taxes.
We literally did last year.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Watching the Stars/Flames game tonight and being introduced to Leah Hextall doing play by play. I don’t like her style. I don’t like her voice. Especially didn’t like that she apparently was trying to eat her mike during the first couple of minutes of the game. When the play gets exciting her voice raises in octave and she becomes harder to understand. She also seems to favor trying to use too many words to describe the action and ends up being several seconds from what is currently happening on the ice. Really wish I had the option to chose a different play by play to listen to.

klew

klew

Death.
Taxes.

BErt

BErt

Lol Leafs

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have 2 theories: since we cut cable in our house and I can't watch any hockey, Leafs win the cup. And Leafs exit before the 2nd round, because fuck them thats why.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, the Leafs did the Leafs thing… need Florida to step up and knock off the in state rival. Tired of the Lightning.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Huzzah.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Damn, Edmonton is making Dallas look like they were really Stanley Cup contenders. At the current pace of this game Calgary will have half the goals they totaled in the entire series against Dallas.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And just like that, Canada will not lift the Cup for at least another year. Colorado sweep.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Thats my line!

jwhouk

jwhouk

If Toronto and Edmonton ever met in the Stanley Cup final, Armageddon would happen before game seven.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Toronto making the finals would be enough for that.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Which is why, of course, the 2024 finals will be won by the Leafs.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Colorado lifts the Cup in Tampa. Kinda cool to see the players looking for names from earlier champions.

BErt

BErt

Fixed it for you.
Colorado lifts drops the Cup in Tampa.
0547D2FC-E479-4F97-9765-1B0F5593FC77.jpeg

also, I’d feel bad about this if he didn’t already have a Cup win, so LOOOOOL

BErt

BErt

Happy Birthday to the owner of the Nashville Predators, Pavel Datsyuk

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sigh. Man, those were the days.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm a bit late to the party, but just for the record: I have actually seen a professional hockey game at the Mullett Ice Arena.

Just not the one you all think it is. See, I saw the game at the one named for the father of the one who the ASU facility is named for. Ironically, that guy - Donald "Donze" Mullett - built the one I've seen pro hockey in for a high school hockey program in my former hometown of Hartland, Wisconsin. The common denominator is that both he and his dad were former executives at the Bradley Corporation - the company that grew from Allen Bradley, a long-time major manufacturer in the Milwaukee area.

You might recognize that name from a certain arena that was near and dear to my heart (and was torn down to make room for the "Deer District" at the FiServ Forum). The Bradley Center was named after Jane Bradley Pettit's father, Harry L. Bradley, was co-founder of Allen-Bradley with his brother Lynde (that's what the L stands for).

So where does Mullett come in? Well, Harry had this thing about sanitation, and in an effort to maintain a large number of sinks for washing up in a small space, he came up with a unique design for a "wash fountain" - essentially, a community sink that had multiple sprinkler-like faucet heads that could be activated with a bar or foot pedal, allowing users to easily wash their hands and not requiring multiple sinks.

Though Harry held the patent, he was too busy in the semiconductor business to manufacture these sinks, so he sold the patent to three gentlemen - one of whom was Howard A. Mullett. His son, Howard G. Mullett, was the one who the Mullett Ice Arena in Hartland is named for. His son, "Donze", was the third generation CEO of the Bradley Corporation, makers of this new "washfountain".

The Mulletts are still involved in the Bradley Corporation, as Bryan Mullett - Donze's grandson - is now the CEO of the company.

Oh, and the "professional team" that I saw play at the Mullett was the Milwaukee Admirals hosting the Chicago Wolves, back when it opened in the late 1990's. Back then, the Coyotes hadn't even thought about moving out of the old America West Arena in downtown Phoenix.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fuck the Bruins.

BErt

BErt

7F614D2B-54EA-4791-A71D-ECC26D7E3FA3.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

I just saw this and it never stops being old how stupid Wayne Gretzky stats are.

blotsfan

blotsfan

On February 25th in the year of our Lord 2023, the Buffalo Sabres hockey team are currently in NHL playoff position.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Is the world ending?!? Toronto is not currently losing their first round series. Is this actually allowed in the NHL rules?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Is the world ending?!? Toronto is not currently losing their first round series. Is this actually allowed in the NHL rules?
Setting up to lose in game 7 after giving up a 3 goal lead.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Gonna make my kids watch the second round with me, they've never seen the Leafs play one before....:tprun:

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Once again the President’s Trophy team is out in the first round. Big Bye Boston.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Why does ESPN hate Stars fans? Why do we keep getting stuck with Hextall as a box reporter?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why does ESPN hate Stars fans? Why do we keep getting stuck with Hextall as a box reporter?
Do you want Mike Milbury? Cause that's how you get Mike Milbury.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Do you want Mike Milbury? Cause that's how you get Mike Milbury.
At this point it would be a welcome substitute. I’d much rather have Darren Pang.

BErt

BErt

Now you too can guide the Leafs to the Cup!
IMG_9361.jpeg

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Now all the hopes of Canadiana resting on Edmonton.

blotsfan

blotsfan

1683947000973.gif

BErt

BErt

IMG_9405.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Something something american team cup fuck jack eichel

BErt

BErt

@HCGLNS you root for agents of chaos
IMG_0330.jpeg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh look, seasons over and everyone is talking about the Leafs.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I’m surprisingly not as bitter and angry as I expected to be.

1686758327940.gif

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I am happy a new team in a new market won.

BErt

BErt

Holy Shit Wow
IMG_0419.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Redackhawks?

—Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Literally called games from the second year the team existed until 2022. There are 0 Sabres fans who didn’t have a history of listening to him.

IMG_4776.jpeg