Export thread

>: |

Chazwozel

So let me get this straight, there is no such thing as a "south sider". The show is making up a counter-culture for the show.

ElJuski

ElJuski

No, Chicago southsiders exist. They're just being retardedly morphed into a Jersey Shore clone for the purposes of reality TV.

If they wanted the real South Sider, they'd probably have to get a 50-year old retired construction worker named Mike Pulowski. And maybe a couple of black dudes.

Chazwozel

No, Chicago southsiders exist. They're just being retardedly morphed into a Jersey Shore clone for the purposes of reality TV.

If they wanted the real South Sider, they'd probably have to get a 50-year old retired construction worker named Mike Pulowski. And maybe a couple of black dudes.

Ah. Yeah Jersey Guidos are a phenomenon all to their own.

WolfOfOdin

As someone from New Jersey, let me just say..........

I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry. Everyone in the state LOATHES the show and wishes the people on it were chopped up and fed to bears.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry. Everyone in the state LOATHES the show and wishes the people on it were chopped up and fed to bears.
Can we make a show about this?

Chazwozel

Don't hate! HATER!

WolfOfOdin

GAH! CARROT WOMAN!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Don't hate! HATER!

[/QUOTE]
I see a similarity.

Philosopher B.

Don't hate! HATER!

[/QUOTE]

KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm waiting for "Real Housewives of the Swamp" or something to make a permanent stain on my beloved home state.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

So very sorry, Juice.

rabbitgod

Sometimes I think to myself, "Man, it would be cool to see Arizona represented more in the media." And then there's this kind of stuff and I decide that it's probably better to be ignored.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Now I am laughing at the thought of a reality show set in MY home town.
hehehehehe

Gusto

Gusto

I'm lucky that the entertainment world finds Canadians so boring.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm lucky that the entertainment world finds Canadians so boring.
I imagine a strange reality program revolving around puddle jumping and ice fishing.

Gusto

Gusto

Man ice fishing is so awesome.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

hehehehehe
CBC does this every summer. The Week the Women Went or some such thing, they essentially give every single woman in a small town a vacation and video tape the resulting chaos left behind. Mostly it consists of the women laughing as their husbands order pizza for a week and let the laundry pile up.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

hehehehehe
CBC does this every summer. The Week the Women Went or some such thing, they essentially give every single woman in a small town a vacation and video tape the resulting chaos left behind. Mostly it consists of the women laughing as their husbands order pizza for a week and let the laundry pile up.[/QUOTE]
Really? I'm a little bit ashamed of country right now. For one, that's just sad. "Ha ha only the women do things like cook and do laundry." and for the other, that's what counts as sensationalist television in Canada: Men not doing laundry and ordering in.

WolfOfOdin

I'd like to see something like "Extreme Canadian Moose fight" Wherein a man duels a large irate moose.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'd like to see something like "Extreme Canadian Moose fight" Wherein a man duels a large irate moose.
... Good lord. That's not a duel at all. That's just "We film you die"

Baerdog

Baerdog

What if they film two large irate moose...mooses...meese...fighting each other? That could be fun right?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Yeah but Canadians have TPB!

Dave

Dave

No, Chicago southsiders exist.
I always thought the South side of Chicago was the baddest part of town.

Rob King

Rob King

Hey, how come nobody mentioned Mantracker when discussing Canadian Reality shows?

Basically, two completely unprepared people get dropped into a section of the forest with a compass and a map, and are given 35 hours to get to a destination a few miles away. Meanwhile, a professional tracker on horseback, with no maps or compass whatsoever, has to catch them before they reach their destination. Since the show moves from place to place, and Mantracker does all of the locations from British Columbia to Newfoundland, he is always partnered up with a local, who is less adept at tracking, but knows the area well.

It's an awesome show, and Mantracker is a badass.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Can we make a show about this?[/QUOTE]

Fuck, half the state of NJ would show up with bats, nailboards, and other blunt objects to take part, and the other half would show up with camera phones.

I fucking hate, hate, HATE that these assholes are somehow the face of the state on TV.

All the regular "ew, New Jersey" jokes were one thing, especially since the people who said it lived usually lived in a closet in a sucky part of NYC, but these turds...

Piotyr

Piotyr

I always thought the South side of Chicago was the baddest part of town.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Hey, how come nobody mentioned Mantracker when discussing Canadian Reality shows?

Basically, two completely unprepared people get dropped into a section of the forest with a compass and a map, and are given 35 hours to get to a destination a few miles away. Meanwhile, a professional tracker on horseback, with no maps or compass whatsoever, has to catch them before they reach their destination. Since the show moves from place to place, and Mantracker does all of the locations from British Columbia to Newfoundland, he is always partnered up with a local, who is less adept at tracking, but knows the area well.

It's an awesome show, and Mantracker is a badass.

It's not just a few miles, it's usually like 50 or 60 Kms. Although, it seems to me it would be easy to spot assholes carrying cameras for him, I guess the shows producers have a bunch of fake camera crews out there so it's not as easy for him just to spot them. I dunno, the whole thing just seems fishy to me.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I always thought the South side of Chicago was the baddest part of town.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight.[/QUOTE]

AWE YISSS ME AND U BE REPRESENTIN DA SOUTH SIDE

...suburbs

Rob King

Rob King

It's not just a few miles, it's usually like 50 or 60 Kms. Although, it seems to me it would be easy to spot assholes carrying cameras for him, I guess the shows producers have a bunch of fake camera crews out there so it's not as easy for him just to spot them. I dunno, the whole thing just seems fishy to me.
Yeah, apparently there are decoy crews. Also, there was some sort of hooplah a while ago about how it came out that they re-shot some scenes for television. If something interesting happens (like the prey spotting mantracker and jetting), but the camera crews don't have a good angle, the crew will make a note and they will re-stage it later on to get better angles.

Apparently this was some sort of crime against humanity. I think that's pretty fair.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

White Sox suck!

*hightails it to the safety of Waveland Ave.*

Piotyr

Piotyr

Damn straight.[/QUOTE]

AWE YISSS ME AND U BE REPRESENTIN DA SOUTH SIDE

...suburbs[/QUOTE]
Hells yeah, we can almost see the hood from here!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yeah, apparently there are decoy crews. Also, there was some sort of hooplah a while ago about how it came out that they re-shot some scenes for television. If something interesting happens (like the prey spotting mantracker and jetting), but the camera crews don't have a good angle, the crew will make a note and they will re-stage it later on to get better angles.

Apparently this was some sort of crime against humanity. I think that's pretty fair.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Dude's a hard-ass southern Albertan cowboy. Not the kind of fuck I'd want to mess with. It always seems like he should be killing and skinning the people he catches.

fade

fade

Hey, welcome to the way Southerners have felt for, like, since movies were invented. We're always virtually retarded, socially backwards racists who eat nothing but fried foods.

Chazwozel

Hey, welcome to the way Southerners have felt for, like, since movies were invented. We're always virtually retarded, socially backwards racists who eat nothing but fried foods.[/QUOTE]

Rob King

Rob King

That makes sense. Dude's a hard-ass southern Albertan cowboy. Not the kind of fuck I'd want to mess with. It always seems like he should be killing and skinning the people he catches.
If mantracker comes for me, I won't run. I will tear my clothes, don sackcloth, heap ashes upon my head and repent repent repent for whatever it is I have done.

Seriously. When I have kids, I won't be telling them about the bogyman. It's Mantracker they'll be afraid of.

WolfOfOdin

New show idea: Drop the cast of Jersey Shore in the Canadian wilderness and set Mantracker after them. Only this time his objective is to flay them and use their hideously orange flesh to make carrot puppets.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

New show idea: Drop the cast of Jersey Shore in the Canadian wilderness and set Mantracker after them. Only this time his objective is to flay them and use their hideously orange flesh to make carrot puppets.
This is the best plot idea for Predator 3 that I've heard in years.

Kitty Sinatra

Basically, two completely unprepared people get dropped into a section of the forest with a compass and a map
That's just not true. They are allowed to bring whatever they want. Also, some of the contestants know the area, and there's been at least one army guy specially trained in evasion (he and an army medic had a pretty damn easy time winning as I recall)

I bring this up because I think the game would be far less interesting if the contestants were unprepared.

Rob King

Rob King

My mistake. Many of the contestants (perhaps the majority, even) have been quite out of their element, though.