Export thread

7 days in the hole- National geographic

phil

phil

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/solitary-confinement/#tagline

National Geographic channel is doing a social experiment of sorts and have stuck 3 people in a sort of solitary confinement. They can leave at any time, though none have yet. I think they can tweet whats on their mind but they it's only outgoing and they have no interaction with the outside world. I guess they've been given stuff over time as they were supposed to start out with only the basics (toilet, sink, desk, bed and chair).

I mean, it's certainly not entertaining but it is interesting.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

So it's sorta like Fox's Solitary, but without the reality show hype, and "tests"?

View attachment 466

Attachments

phil

phil

I haven't seen what you're talking about. I mean, to recap what I saw the two guys were taking naps and the girl was drawing until she decided to take a nap.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Honestly, it's worth your time to go to Hulu and check out Solitary. At least the first season - I watched part of the second season, and it looked like they were starting the reality-show slide down into "what can we do to keep this interesting?" The first season was an experiment (no pun intended) and it was pretty cool to watch.

Chazwozel

Do they know what time of the day it is? It'll be interesting to see if they start sleeping in a 25 hour cycle like infants do.

phil

phil

Honestly, it's worth your time to go to Hulu and check out Solitary. At least the first season - I watched part of the second season, and it looked like they were starting the reality-show slide down into "what can we do to keep this interesting?" The first season was an experiment (no pun intended) and it was pretty cool to watch.
I'm like 5 minutes into the first episode and this already seems cooler than the other thing. At least from a viewers standpoint.

Do they know what time of the day it is? It'll be interesting to see if they start sleeping in a 25 hour cycle like infants do.
I don't know for sure. I think if regular inmates who go to solitary know than they would too.