A lot of children's medicine under recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows a bunch of children's medicine went under recall today/yesterday including Children/Infant tylenol, Children/Infant Motrin, Children's Zyrtec, and Children's Benadryl. A link to the NDC number of the recalled products can be found here and it includes all lots that haven't expired yet http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

Shego! Stop trying to kill our kids :) (no adverse affects have been reported by these products)

W

Wasabi Poptart

Thanks for the link. We have 4 bottles in the recall. :wtf:

That's annoying.

Oh well, at least we generally buy the generics (drug store branded version of those products, rather than brand name) - still, I'll have to go through our medicine cabinets and check.

Reminds me of the ban for many medicines enacted a year or three ago for children because a lot of stupid parents were overdosing their kids and then blaming it on the medicine.

God damn it.

Is this in Canada as well...? Better read the article!

Edit: It does. :( HOWEVER, thel ot number on my bottle is different! So yay!

LittleSin it's not the lot number it's the NDC number, all lots that aren't yet expired are under recall look for the NDC number right above the brand name on the bottle (so right above the Tylenol label, for example) is where the NDC number is.

"Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW)."

bold added by me

Status
Not open for further replies.