Export thread

A thread of twists!

phil

phil

TWIST: Alfred is Bruce wayne's dad. His mother died in birth. The parents he's avenging were toys that Alfred threw out but he doesn't know it.

TWIST: neo was not the chosen one, but merely had a particularly powerful understanding of the matrix force. The chosen one has yet to return.

TWIST: air benders still survive in the non bending folk who escaped the genocide. Since then people with the ability to bend have been born but are unaware of their power, thinking themselves normal earth kingdom folk.

TWIST: lex luthor knows that without a constant challenge and threat that Superman would be an ineffective protector. He does what he does for the good of the people.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

TWIST: Palpatine was actually Anakin's father. He knocked up Anakin's mom, then wiped her mind of that night with the force. Palpatine's ability to forsee the future allowed him to plan to have Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan find Anakin on Tatooine, which was actually the real reason for the invasion of Naboo. With Anakin now close by, he could begin corrupting him to the dark side.

bhamv3

bhamv3

TWIST: A great many of the Roman slaves were, in fact, named Spartacus.

Jay

Jay

TWIST :

blotsfan

blotsfan

Twist: M Night Shamalan has been dead the whole time!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Twist: Anakin used the Force to make Padme love him.

Joe Johnson

MMmmmmmm, twists

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Twist: And shout

@Li3n

@Li3n

TWIST: Palpatine was actually Anakin's father. He knocked up Anakin's mom, then wiped her mind of that night with the force. Palpatine's ability to forsee the future allowed him to plan to have Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan find Anakin on Tatooine, which was actually the real reason for the invasion of Naboo. With Anakin now close by, he could begin corrupting him to the dark side.
Sorry, but that's way too logical to be a twist...

TWIST: lex luthor knows that without a constant challenge and threat that Superman would be an ineffective protector. He does what he does for the good of the people.
TWIST: Lex Luthor is Superman... FROM THE FUTURE! He's just making sure he's ready for whatever made him lose his powers and hair.

Gryfter

Gryfter

strawman

strawman

TWIST: Dumbledore, with the elder wand, created Harry in order to live forever, and in order to lure his nemesis Voldemort into attacking Harry rather than focus on Dumbledore, as voldemort didn't yet know Dumbledore's plan, but would have been the only wizard who could have stopped him. He hid a large part of his consciousness in Harry, and at the scene at the train station with the quivering Voldemort-thing, he took complete control of harry. The quivering thing was actually Harry's slowly crumbling consciousness.

He, as Harry, is now raising his next self, and is, for all intents and purposes, immortal, unopposed by any wizard.

bhamv3

bhamv3

So... Harry is Morrigan?

General Specific

General Specific

Twist: Bruce Willis was alive the entire time, everyone else was dead.

Twist: Darth Vader is not actually Luke's father. Vader just said that to screw with Luke's head.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

TWIST: neo was not the chosen one, but merely had a particularly powerful understanding of the matrix force. The chosen one has yet to return.
That's actually what happens in the movies.

phil

phil

Wait, really?

I thought he was the one but just took it a step further by using it outside the matrix.

Uuuugh I don't want to go back to watch them.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wait, really?

I thought he was the one but just took it a step further by using it outside the matrix.

Uuuugh I don't want to go back to watch them.
Don't. It's not worth it. I don't blame you for not remembering--what the Architect said was near indecipherable, and you need to know some of the backstory from the video games to get all the info you'd need to make sense of it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

"Nick never had a prom night!!!!"

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

"What a TWEEST!"

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Dave is Kurtz.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

KURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTZ!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Kurtz is Dave's fatsuit?

*shudder*

Just Me

Just Me

phil

phil

@Li3n

@Li3n

Wasn't it more that there was no chosen one, it was all a lie the machines came up with so all the people that realised what the matrix is would be ion the same place? And the Neo turned out to actually the the chosen one anyway, using powers outside the matrix...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Wasn't it more that there was no chosen one, it was all a lie the machines came up with so all the people that realised what the matrix is would be ion the same place? And the Neo turned out to actually the the chosen one anyway, using powers outside the matrix...
I thought that was still in the Matrix. The only way the movie made sense to me was if Zion and all the "real world" stuff was just another layer of the Matrix for those who were causing trouble the other section. Neo's powers in the "real world" would then just be more control over the Matrix.

Covar

Covar

TWIST: we've been on the Image boards, the. entire. time.

General Specific

General Specific

everyone on the board is an alt of JCM. JCM is an alt of Makare, and so we are all figments of our own imagination and none of us really exist.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I thought that was still in the Matrix. The only way the movie made sense to me was if Zion and all the "real world" stuff was just another layer of the Matrix for those who were causing trouble the other section. Neo's powers in the "real world" would then just be more control over the Matrix.
Heh, made sense... the greeks where so right about hope...