Export thread

Action Figures and Playing with Them

FnordBear

FnordBear

So...

How many of you folks collect action figures then pose them in amusing ways?

I do...

And they do odd things when I am not arround...

ElJuski

ElJuski

"Hey Homer, do you sleep in a racecar?"
"No...I sleep in a bed...with my wife..."

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't have my images, but yeah I un-box EVERYTHING. A couple years back I posted about 1/6th of collection, which took up 5 shelves.... :wacko:

FnordBear

FnordBear

I don't have my images, but yeah I un-box EVERYTHING. A couple years back I posted about 1/6th of collection, which took up 5 shelves.... :wacko:

Sadly all my stuff is boxed at the moment as I am in the process of moving. When not unboxed I have a nice little collection of Transformers and 3 1/2 action figures.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Sorry, I meant "un-carded".

I can't bring myself to collect 3 1/2s for anything. Yet I have a disgustingly large collection of minis from Star Wars to Transformers and into Marvel.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Chazwozel

"Hey Homer, do you sleep in a racecar?"
"No...I sleep in a bed...with my wife..."

HAHAHA

LittleSin

LittleSin

We have a large action figure collection in my house. Most of them are my husbands and a lot are packed away for fear of the baby eating small parts.

However, husband DOES play with them. He does skits for the baby.....but before the baby was born he would stage battles with them, using a 20 sided die to determine hit points.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I do "play" with my "action figure" sometimes... but I don't usually pose it in funny ways.

:paranoid:

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I pretty much consider the end of my childhood when I realize that I din't want to play with my lego figures anymore (I still like to build though, but not actually play).

Bowielee

Bowielee

I have never owned an action figure that I've kept in box. Particularly Transformers toys. The entire fun of Transformers is changing them from vehicle form to robot form and back.

In my house, I used to have a pretty awesome Transformers diorama.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

In my house, I used to have a pretty awesome Transformers diorama.
David Willis of "Shortpacked!" linked to this nifty little fanmade Transformers playset.

Philosopher B.

I found a use for some of my old stuff. I wouldn't call it playing, though. Sweating like a pig under hot lights while your back repreatedly lists its grievances tends to put a damper on things. Part of the reason I haven't animated anything in ages.

I actually have over a hundred Star Wars action figures (out of box) from when I was a kid ... I recently sold all my ships on Ebay.

Covar

Covar

I have more.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I used to collect action figures (Transformers in fact), then sort of realized how fucking sad it was and gave them all to some poor kids.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I used to collect Thunderbirds figurines (when they were going in Finnish telly in early 90s)... but I never posed them in strange positions. Guess I was too "innocent"...

FnordBear

FnordBear

Posting a pic of some of my old figures playing with my shiny new ones I got for Xmas :)

Rob King

Rob King

You know ... now I really want to know the origin of the word 'Action Figure.' It sounds suspiciously like a weasel word.

No judgement. I don't have many action figures now, but every so often I'll buy one from Wal*Mart or something.

Twitch

I collect mainly stationary things. I have a couple that are in boxes but most I take out. I have had an Illidan for some time now and I just got around to removing him from his box and I found he's too tall for his shelf so I'm doing some re-organizing.

Dusty668

They are called action figure cause they couldn't figure how to sell 'Dolls' to straight boys [STRIKE]and their[/STRIKE] parents.

HowDroll

HowDroll

This thread makes me horny.

chakz

This thread makes me horny.
Why must you encourage them?

You know, there are alot of negative things a man could say about another man who actually plays with his action figure collection, but then I think of all these damn video games I own.

I think I'll just sit here and think about my life.

Rubicon

I have most of my figures still in their original packaging, some I have unboxed to keep on my desk at work, Ill take a picture the next time I'm at work.

Calleja

Calleja

This thread made me think "damn, there must be some pretty bad ass Mass Effect action figures out there, I'll bet." and I did an Amazon search and found NOTHING!!

Did they seriously release NO toy merchandising for Mass Effect? :(

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

A quick search reveals that Mass Effect action figures will be coming in August of next year.

Mass Effect action figures coming in August

Calleja

Calleja

So they'll be Mass Effect 2 figures, I guess.

Oh well, that shouldn't be too bad.