Export thread

Advent Calendars

mikerc

mikerc

Anyone else got themselves an advent calendar this year? If so, post here & tell us all about them - what's behind each door? Pictures? Chocolate? Cheese? Something else? Do you make your own calendars for friends/family? Definitely tell us about them then.

I admit I hadn't bothered with advent calendars for more years than I'd like to admit, since I was still a kid, before I got a Doctor Who themed calendar 2 years ago. That inspired me to get a build the Enterprise-D one last year & this year I'm giving one of the EXIT calendars a go.

Dirona

Dirona

I got myself a tea calendar from David's tea (as is my new tradition), and got @Eriol a coffee one from Yawn on Etsy.

No chocolate this year. Yet.

So far so good!

MindDetective

MindDetective

I make my own advent (the kids get Lego advent calendars) using little number boxes that I fill with either dice or TTRPG figures or terrain. My wife actually fills them, though I buy the stuff to go in the boxes. It was a myconid spore servant (fungal infected zombie, basically) today.

Dirona

Dirona

I got myself a tea calendar from David's tea (as is my new tradition), and got @Eriol a coffee one from Yawn on Etsy.

No chocolate this year. Yet.

So far so good!
Last year we splurged on a beer calendar. 24 full size/tall boy cans. Almost all were quite good. It was a variety from a bunch of local breweries. It lasted well into the new year. Turns out, we don't drink that much.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Last year I got the Walker's shortbread advent calendar for myself, and loved every bite. I need to see if I can find another one. Right now only Li'l Z has one, and he has the Lego Star Wars edition.

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Lego Star Wars. This year Omega is one of the figures, which I'm very happy about because the only other way to complete my Bad Batch team would be to buy Cad Bane's ship.

And she was in Day 1!

General Specific

General Specific

Got the Bonne Mamman Advent Calendar for my spouse, Dill. Last year I got them a custom felt & yarn gnome calendar (it was a bit expensive)

Also got one of the traditional, crappy chocolate calendars so they see what I got while growing up.

Far

Far

20231207_151636.jpg

I got a pokemon card one, actually only today. No good pulls from it yet though it did come with a few other goodies, specifically a pikachu and glaceon Keychain that Sarah immediately claimed.