Advice on Bandwidth for a Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

Man, my second computer question for you guys in as many days. Luckily this one doesn't involve my Computer being on the verge of exploding in an unrealistically hollywood-like manner, so that's a step up.

A friend of mine is setting up a simplel website, and she wants to know how much bandwidth she should buy? The website is a professional profile for herself so that people googling her can find out about more about her. She'll be working at an online policy institute, so she figures there would be a fairly decent number of people wondering she is, what are her credentials, etc.

She is only planning on putting up a few text pages, and maybe a photo or two, so it shouldn't be too taxing on a server.

Any idea of what kind of bandwidth she should purchase? I don't figure it would be too much (provided she doesn't end up in the national spotlight for something) but I'm not exactly an expert. And so, I turn to you. Again.

I feel like I'm abusing my halforums tech support privileges.

Dave

Staff member
Well, as much fun as Arvixe was for dedicated servers, I have never had an issue with them for their shared servers. I'd contact them or even GoDaddy. Either one can get you cheap rates.

fade

Staff member
For that? Get the cheapest possible. She's never going to need more than the lowest amount of bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.