Amelie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj0CK_jgNns:bxizzklt][/youtube:bxizzklt]

A french film that I really love (to you have a idea... it is the only dvd that I ever brought) I am curious to know if anyonelse here is a fan as well. =)

C

cvgurau

I know it; I dug it. I especially dug Audrey Toutou (who I've also seen in a couple other things, but liked her here best), who's just too damn cute for words.

I got my DVD box signed by the director when he came for a screening to my local theater, he was in the area working on Life of Pi. It was Halloween, so some people came in costume.

Yes, I try to see everything Jean-Pierre Jeunet ever does. Ten years ago I even got a great tape of old Jeunet/Caro collaborations from before Delicatessen, from a French fellow fanatic. (Oy, the alliteration.) Amélie was adorable, both the movie and the character.

klew, I now officially hate you. I used to have such a crush on Jeunet...

W

Wasabi Poptart

I've only watched it once, but I really liked the movie a lot.

C

cvgurau

In the vein of "movies in which Audrey Toutou is awesome and cute as hell," I recently caught "Priceless" on Netflix Watch Instantly, in which she plays a gold digger who becomes the object of desire for a lowly waiter.

Subtitled, but a good film nonetheless.

Really liked it. Someday, I'll buy it, I think. But given my money situation these days, I'm saying that about a LOT of movies.

Have the DVD, love it.

In before Charlie Don't Surf or someone of his ilk comes in with the "I hate this movie that you all like, and anyone who likes it is stupid, and it's an incredibly shitty movie, etc".

S

Steven Soderburgin

I quite enjoy this movie. Very cute and sweet. A movie about good people whose lives are changed simply because they decide to be good. Like many people in this thread, I love Jeunet.
escushion said:
Have the DVD, love it.

In before Charlie Don't Surf or someone of his ilk comes in with the "I hate this movie that you all like, and anyone who likes it is stupid, and it's an incredibly shitty movie, etc".

I'll have to check this one out. I LOVED Delicatessen(sp?).

Particularly for you GL, if you haven't seen it yet, rent Ma Vie En Rose.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Bowielee said:
I'll have to check this one out. I LOVED Delicatessen(sp?).

Particularly for you GL, if you haven't seen it yet, rent Ma Vie En Rose.
I will try to check out, but don't have much hope of finding it my town =|

I haven't seen it in forever (can't find my DVD) but this was one of those movies I watched all the time mostly in high school.

escushion said:
In before Charlie Don't Surf comes in with the "I hate this movie that you all like, and anyone who likes it is stupid, and it's an incredibly shitty movie, etc".
I opened this thread fully expecting a Charlie rant. He must be sleeping right now.

A

Aisaku

Hee... I wish... Who knows maybe it'll end up in a place as peculiar as that ^^

doomdragon6

Staff member
It was alright. It was definitely the best French film we had to watch in French Film class. (Good GOD French movies are terrible.)

S

Steven Soderburgin

doomdragon6 said:
It was alright. It was definitely the best French film we had to watch in French Film class. (Good GOD French movies are terrible.)
Go on....

fade

Staff member
I didn't see this one. I just remember how the DVD was everywhere, and the wrong sorts of people were gushing over it. I took that as a cue to put it in the "maybe one day" pile, and I never saw it.

Wow, weird coincidence. My wife just put this in last night to watch. We've seen it several times and can watch it without subtitles. An art movie that doesn't try too hard to be 'art' and succeeds primarily because of Audrey Tautou and Jeunet's crazy sense of humour :)

J

jaythen

This is next on my Netflix selection. Friend recommended it to me, and I have been curious to see it.

R

redapples

One of my wife's favourite (if not her absolute favourite) films. I do find it interesting that the person who started this thread has a Pushing Daisies sig. One of the things I most disliked about that show was it tried too hard to be Amelie or Big Fish. We know we're wacky because we use voice over.

I did enjoy Amlie very much and its one of many very good French films that can be found if you bother to look. @doomdragon6

We can start a list if you like.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
redapples said:
One of my wife's favourite (if not her absolute favourite) films. I do find it interesting that the person who started this thread has a Pushing Daisies sig. One of the things I most disliked about that show was it tried too hard to be Amelie or Big Fish. We know we're wacky because we use voice over.
Amelie is the favorite filme of the guy that made Pushing Daisies (brian fuller?)

Sometimes the narrator is annoying, but everything else is to good to make me bother.

Funny, only after buying the DVD is that I noticed how Chuck is so similar to Amelie.

Status
Not open for further replies.