Export thread

Americaaahh, Fuck Yeah!

Jay

Jay

Happy Birthday to you, bitches!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

But we didn't wish you one three days ago when you ripped us off, oh wait, that's right, there was no D&D that day, dammit!

Jay

Jay

Iaculus

(grumbles away in the background).

:smug:

Hylian

Hylian

Krisken

Krisken

Happy Nationalist day!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

The land of the free (as long as you're a rich white man) and the home of the brave (as long as you're shooting unarmed women and children). :)

ElJuski

ElJuski

oof epic troll on that last part.

Wasabi Poptart

General Specific

General Specific

Chazwozel

The land of the free (as long as you're a rich white man) and the home of the brave (as long as you're shooting unarmed women and children). :)

You know what Charlie. Go fuck yourself.

Krisken

Krisken

oof epic troll on that last part.
Wait, there was.... ::looks up:: Huh, didn't even see that!

I guess it is inevitable. Everyone has to eat, you know :)

Edit: And someone will always oblige.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

No need to be a Debbie Downer, now. *goes about her business playing with explosives and eating fried foods* Yay America!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

America is still a good country

BUT

man people are awful.

phil

phil

Calleja

Calleja

You should just make that the official anthem, to be honest.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

*total Ralph impression from Simspons* O CANADA!

Element 117

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I see your Hendrix and give you KISS

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I love ragging on the guy, and this is yet another example of how a guy with truly insane skills still fails at doing a little ad lib on the national anthem. It's even more hilarious because they even go "Wow!" when he does his standard routine. Vai's a good guitarist, but sometimes, he truly sucks for his skill level. He wasn't even trying.
I love how he tries to use his "guitar face" to show how hard he's working the anthem, but it's all just fast strum with bar cords going on. I also love the huge stacks of amps behind him.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hooray for all the good things about America. And hooray for the freedom to bitch about the bad things! Many things will go explodey today!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Sam the American Eagle!

Wasabi Poptart

I think my stomach is about to explodey. Ugh. Delicious BBQ and apple-berry crumb pie.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Happy Birthday neighbours.

Element 117

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Why is your avatar old, HC? You're not Dave.

Amy always celebrates things in the best ways.

Chippy

Chippy

no see this is the day to not be a bitch

Element 117

no see this is the day to not be a bitch[/QUOTE]

No, thats the 14th day of the month. Read your fucking memo emails, man. And finish your goddamn TPS report!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

America - also about objectifying women

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

America - also about objectifying women
Hey, that's not fair. We're also just as good at objectifying men.

But I'll leave that for someone else.

Fuck yeah!

Matt²

What movie/video is that from? I have to see it!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

What movie/video is that from? I have to see it![/QUOTE]

Seconded, and DAMN does Classic Cap look awesome

Dave

Dave

Objectification or not, I'd salute those flags....with my penis!!

And Charlie does realize those picture were posted by a woman, right?

figmentPez

figmentPez

What movie/video is that from? I have to see it!
I think the video is from Ultimate Avengers.

Wasabi Poptart

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I haven't really commented on this thread today, because I celebrated Independence Day by taking away people's civil liberties when they decided they were done using them (Also: FML, still want that beer.)

Charlie, I know that you harbor a great deal of cynicism towards various policies that this country has acted upon. That's cool: I respect that not everyone has the same opinion. It's aggravating as hell sometimes, but it's what I believe in.

I'll highlight with something I told a lady at a Toys for Tots collection drive, after she spat on my (brand new) dress blues:
"I do what I do so people like you can do what you just did."

Food for thought.

Happy Independence Day, all.

Matt²

For all those serving in the military or police forces or other branches: Thank You! Your service means a lot to me.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Happy belated birthday, America. I may not think much of you as an entity, but I do enjoy the company of many of the people who live in you.

Also, Charon... I think it's disgraceful that people think so little of the people who do their best to keep the peace, whether in the blues or in the fatigues.

Now, back to nursing my aching noggin... too much mead, too many women kissing...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't see why you guys give Charlie any attention about this stuff. Just leave him alone and let him sulk.

Charon: Many of us do appreciate what you do.

Element 117

I don't see why you guys give Charlie any attention about this stuff. Just leave him alone and let him sulk.
Because finding those different from us and culling them for their differences as weakness is what we do. You would know that if you weren't so weak.
*stabs ecushion*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, I know the score, I just don't see the point. He and Le Quack are gonna go cringe behind a mailbox whispering "It's the man!" every time a squad car or army jeep rolls by, no matter how idiotic everyone here makes them out to be.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

That's true Esc, but it's also right that we make fun of them, they shouldn't be THAT paranoid.

Element 117

Yeah, I know the score, I just don't see the point. He and Le Quack are gonna go cringe behind a mailbox whispering "It's the man!" every time a squad car or army jeep rolls by, no matter how idiotic everyone here makes them out to be.
You're being a cry baby about the crybabies. That's unAmerican ma- No, actually totally the American way. Rock on.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You're being a cry baby about the crybabies. That's unAmerican ma- No, actually totally the American way. Rock on.[/QUOTE]

I can understand making fun of them--that gets amusement--but Chaz is just cursing and Dave and Charon are trying futilely to reason, and I don't see where they think they're going to get through. Certainly not through your knife-wounds.

Also:

LEAVE CHARLIE ALOOOOONE!!!

Covar

Covar

meh Charlie can go fuck himself. He's free to say what he wants and no one is stopping him from leaving.

Krisken

Krisken

You're being a cry baby about the crybabies. That's unAmerican ma- No, actually totally the American way. Rock on.[/QUOTE]

I can understand making fun of them--that gets amusement--but Chaz is just cursing and Dave and Charon are trying futilely to reason, and I don't see where they think they're going to get through. Certainly not through your knife-wounds.

Also:

LEAVE CHARLIE ALOOOOONE!!![/QUOTE]
We all have our role to play. Though it would be neat if we switched it up a bit. Next I want Dave cursing, Officer Charon making fun of someone, and Chaz pushing for reason. Now THAT would be a legendary topic.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Also:

LEAVE CHARLIE ALOOOOONE!!![/QUOTE]
We all have our role to play. Though it would be neat if we switched it up a bit. Next I want Dave cursing, Officer Charon making fun of someone, and Chaz pushing for reason. Now THAT would be a legendary topic.[/QUOTE]

I'd feel like I slipped into Bizarro World.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I don't really care you reply to me here, call me a jerk, leave passive aggressive feedback votes, whatever.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm just happy I spent my 4th of July having fun with a bunch of friends and not getting pissy-twisted on Halforums. The tum tum still hurts though. Ain't it a shame.

Krisken

Krisken

Me too Juski-Chatsworth. I got to eat food on the 3rd, hang out with friends, and play some 40K games. All in all a great weekend.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm not actually sure why Charlie bothers either. Maybe he likes it. Maybe Amy has the right idea.

I usually watch Jaws on the 4th, but forewent that this year. Did some work, exercise, later we went for Chinese at a nice restaurant and walked up the road to where they were doing fireworks. I don't really get much out of fireworks anymore, but the little kids who were laughing/screaming/crying were hilarious.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

We watched In the Loop, Black Dynamite, Hot Shots Part Deaux!, and Inglourious Basterds.

Chippy

Chippy

I don't really care you reply to me here, call me a jerk, leave passive aggressive feedback votes, whatever. B|

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I hung out with some friends and we ate a lot of hot dogs, watched all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and played Settlers. It was a pretty good day.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I hung out with some friends and we ate a lot of hot dogs, watched all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and played Settlers. It was a pretty good day.
Sounds like a good first third of the day, but the other two parts of the day never lived up to the first's potential.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Because finding those different from us and culling them for their differences as weakness is what we do. You would know that if you weren't so weak.
*stabs ecushion*[/QUOTE]

*pulls up a chair, lays Amy down on a couch, and begins jotting in a notebook* Amy, you alvays seem to have it out for Darryl. Vhere does this deep-seated rage come from, mmm? Let us explore your emotions, ja?

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Proud to be an American! Why? No idea!

Chazwozel

Notice how the grandpa at the end knows all the answers.

Espy

Espy

Had a GREAT fourth.

My wife and I set up camp with a bunch of her brothers and their families (all big outdoors folks, pros at camping and hunting) and this was my first time setting up a tent. Scene set.

HUGE storm blows through in the middle of the night. First one tent collapses. The guys in it run for the house. Second tent starts falling over. Younger brother in law and his family run for their minivan. Third tent fills with water. Family in it climbs on bed and roughs it out.
In the end, only ONE tent made it through unharmed and with sleeping occupants.

HELL YEAH. I now have major bragging rights over the big outdoorsman. :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I spend the 4th as the final day of the Turku Medieval Market, raging and roaring and laughing to my heart's content. And afterwards we - the production crew, musicians and the actors - gathered together for the end-of-the-Market party, which included - in no particular order - beard-shavings, drunken dude duets, grapes being pulled out of asses, acrobatics, dancing and girls kissing. Also, this being my tenth year in the Market, I got a beautiful tin cup with my name engraved on it.

Pictures are being loaded. Videos will come once I figure how to put 'em in YouTube.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Respek knuckles, Espy!

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

grapes being pulled out of asses
... Wat?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

... Wat?[/QUOTE]

You know, grapes? Those things they make wine out of, or that are alternatively fed to people in togas by voluptuous women? Grapes, pulled out of asses.

Not really, though... It was a stunt, an inside joke about a guardsman who went to see the healer about 'rrhoids like a cluster of grapes ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

[/QUOTE]

"The Redcoats are coming" actually is what Paul Revere said, as the colonists still considered themselves British, and Redcoats would've indicated the king's soldiers. Molly was right, Leno was wrong.

That bit with the grandpa was great.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Ahhhh.... lightning has just struck my brain

Element 117

*stabs ecushion*[/QUOTE]

*pulls up a chair, lays Amy down on a couch, and begins jotting in a notebook* Amy, you alvays seem to have it out for Darryl. Vhere does this deep-seated rage come from, mmm? Let us explore your emotions, ja?

[/QUOTE]

Rage? Duuude. Blood is pretty. Let me show you

*stab*

ElJuski

ElJuski

... Wat?[/QUOTE]

You know, grapes? Those things they make wine out of, or that are alternatively fed to people in togas by voluptuous women? Grapes, pulled out of asses.

Not really, though... It was a stunt, an inside joke about a guardsman who went to see the healer about 'rrhoids like a cluster of grapes ;)[/QUOTE]

:(

Element 117

Oh no you di'int!

Jay

Jay

Not Yokosuna again.

Element 117

Not Yokosuna again.

Troll

Troll

[/QUOTE]

"The Redcoats are coming" actually is what Paul Revere said, as the colonists still considered themselves British, and Redcoats would've indicated the king's soldiers. Molly was right, Leno was wrong.

That bit with the grandpa was great.[/QUOTE]

Revere actually said "The Regulars are coming out!" if you want to be specific.

Gusto

Gusto

Gandhi has ADD!
Gandhi has ADD!
You get it from toilet seats!
Use a protective sheet!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

[/QUOTE]

That bit with the grandpa was great.[/QUOTE]

Revere actually said "The Regulars are coming out!" if you want to be specific.[/QUOTE]

"Just outside of Charlestown, two British soldiers stopped him at a roadblock and grabbed the reins of his horse. The roadblocks were to prevent colonists from communicating with each other and to try to capture Hancock and Adams. He kicked one of the soldiers in the face and spurred forward, escaping capture. He arrived in Lexington and warned Hancock and Adams of Gage's offensive movement and plans. He continued his ride on to Concord, where he was to warn the Patriots of the attack."

Revere wasn't takin' no shit!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You know it!

Element 117

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Amy, I find your new .sig and avatar to be most hypnotic...

Element 117

Amy, I find your new .sig and avatar to be most hypnotic...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I feel a touch of the yellow fever coming on...

Krisken

Krisken

I feel a touch of the yellow fever coming on...
I believe that is the spell being cast through each of those .gif's

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Ah, so it's a visual/kinetic component, rather than an auditory one... those crafties!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Uses traditional medicine to treat officers ailments.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gandhi has ADD!
Gandhi has ADD!
Use a protective sheet!
Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Uses traditional medicine to treat officers ailments.
I've actually driven past this place.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

To show my support for Amy's current quest while simultaneously keeping with the current thread:

Element 117

phil

phil

Gandhi has ADD!
Gandhi has ADD!
Use a protective sheet!
Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT[/QUOTE]

Say what.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gandhi has ADD!
Gandhi has ADD!
Use a protective sheet!

Say what.[/QUOTE]

Say, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

phil

phil

Gandhi has ADD!
Gandhi has ADD!
Use a protective sheet!

Say what.[/QUOTE]

Say, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT[/QUOTE]

Say what.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh yeah, Black & Tan in the house!

phil

phil

Element 117

General Specific

General Specific

Element 117

Dave

Dave

Here in Omaha it was raining and miserable. We were unable to do anything that we'd planned. So we bundled up the kids and went to Famous Dave's BBQ and had a Famous Feast. For those of you who don't know what this is, here's the description from the Famous Dave's site:

All-American BBQ Feast®

A full slab of St. Louis-style spareribs, a whole chicken, 1/2 lb. of either Texas beef brisket or Georgia chopped pork, coleslaw, Famous Fries, Wilbur Beans, four corn-on-the-cob, and four corn bread muffins. Served family-style for 4-6.
It comes on a garbage can lid and it was AWESOME! We then left and went to a place to watch fireworks and got a primo spot. Usually we end up in a field but this year we were early enough to get a spot in the actual parking lot. We set up our chairs, got out our books and waited for the darkness. After the fireworks we went home and took the dog for a walk, which was amazing because not only was there smoke everywhere from the fireworks but there was a very, very thick fog. You could hardly see across the street but the haze would light up blue and red and green just at random times. I know it's hard to describe but it was almost otherworldly.

ElJuski

ElJuski

You know...peanut arms!

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

Yeah this was a pretty good fourth...all my family was out of town which was kind of depressing, but I made up for it by heading to the hills overlooking the Ohio River for a great view of fireworks (pretty cool to see the main fireworks from the river, and in the background seeing about 10-15 local firework events going on across northern kentucky), getting nicely toasted and hanging out with friends both old and new.

Oh and did the requisite viewing of Independence Day...because nothing says America like kicking the crap out of uninvited aliens!!!!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Had a great 4th! Fished at my parent's pond, drank beer, swam til my shoulders were like jelly, drank beer, ate steak, grilled veggies, potato salad, BBQ chicken, drank beer, didn't turn on the tv once, hung out outside and got nice and lobster-red! Had a blast with my family.

Thanks for all the men and women who serve to protect our freedom!

Krisken

Krisken

Happy Nationalist day!
Some D-bag said:
Negative Reputation received
Thread: Americaaahh, Fuck Yeah!
It's now Nationalist to celebrate the 4th???
It was a joke, dink.

I have to say, this negative rep without signage is pretty spineless.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Yeah, the reputation system's biggest use is for people to be passive aggressive cockbags...or just whiny and juvenile.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Also people use it like that arbitrary reputation number actually means something.

Krisken

Krisken

You're a whiny and aggressive cockbag.
Also, your 'joke' posts stopped being funny many moons ago.

AMIDOINGITRITE?
Much better.

Oh, just saw your friend request on Facebook.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Yeah, the reputation system's biggest use is for people to be passive aggressive cockbags...or just whiny and juvenile.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Also people use it like that arbitrary reputation number actually means something.

AMIDOINGITRITE?[/QUOTE]

Much better than some stupid little red box, completely. Unless you really are butthurt about what I said :( :( :( :( :(

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

--------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Happy Nationalist day!
Some D-bag said:
It was a joke, dink.

I have to say, this negative rep without signage is pretty spineless.[/QUOTE]

I'm your Huckleberry. I didn't realize I was supposed to sign my reps. No one signs the ones I get.

Sarcasm meter wasn't pinging. Throw a :wink: or something next time.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I touched down in Kuwait on the 4th of July. It's like I never left :)

Krisken

Krisken

--------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Happy Nationalist day!
Some D-bag said:
It was a joke, dink.

I have to say, this negative rep without signage is pretty spineless.
I'm your Huckleberry. I didn't realize I was supposed to sign my reps. No one signs the ones I get.

Sarcasm meter wasn't pinging. Throw a :wink: or something next time.[/QUOTE]
I appreciate that. I take back the spineless bit. I'll do my best to add emoticons to all my posts. ;)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I appreciate that. I take back the spineless bit. I'll do my best to add emoticons to all my posts. ;)
:falldown:

Dave

Dave

Damn you, Doc! Stay safe, man!

Chazwozel

AMIDOINGITRITE?[/QUOTE]

Much better than some stupid little red box, completely. Unless you really are butthurt about what I said :( :( :( :( :([/QUOTE]

You seem to be the only one who keeps bringing up the rep number on a constant basis, brophalatic -interbrolatic brosphacolous.

Although, I am quite happy with my 66 as it is Mario Lemieux's former sweater number.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Damn you, Doc! Stay safe, man![/QUOTE]

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Who here thinks Born in the USA, Pink Houses (ain't that america), and Fortunate Son are patriotic songs?

Krisken

Krisken

Who here thinks Born in the USA, Pink Houses (ain't that america), and Fortunate Son are patriotic songs?
Heh, people who haven't heard the lyrics? :D

Reminds me of New Jersey making Born to Run the "Unofficial Youth rock anthem".

Cajungal

Cajungal

Phillippe?

Chazwozel

Wait, you're not suggesting that I don't know 'born on the fourth of July' is an anti-war song are you?

Espy

Espy

Maybe if you weren't so busy being all 'Merican and shit Chaz you would know better. But you were to busy driving your truck with it's hemi and american flag decal.

Chazwozel

Maybe if you weren't so busy being all 'Merican and shit Chaz you would know better. But you were to busy driving your truck with it's hemi and american flag decal.
Dude, I try to live my life according to Leary.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Wait, you're not suggesting that I don't know 'born on the fourth of July' is an anti-war song are you?[/QUOTE]

I think he is implying that those who are patriotic do not think and are blindly patriotic.

Every country on this planet has it's problems. The 4th should be a day where we ('mericans) come together and celebrate our freedom and put aside our differences for a day. The U.S. is a popular target for ridicule. A lot of folks seem to enjoy pointing out our short-comings as a nation, but don't dole out that same criticism towards any other advanced nation.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I am just curious if anyone disagrees! I got in a shoutbox argument with someone late July 4th (I was way too drunk to remember who) about Pink Houses.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sometimes young Charles is just asking an innocent question.

Gusto

Gusto

Young Cheezy often struggles with trying not to come off as an asshole.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Guess I missed something.

ElJuski

ElJuski

You have too much faith in humanity, as been stated before :p

Sometimes Charleyboy says something purposefully assholeish. But sometimes Charley just says something and people take it wayyyy defensively. I have seen this before.

I know this man.

Gusto

Gusto

I know him.

I know Charlie.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm going to give him a piece of driftwood with "The Cure" etched into it. It will remind him of eternity.

Calleja

Calleja

Oooh, can it be "Boys Don't Cry"? I love that song.

ElJuski

ElJuski

wait what

Element 117

Calleja

Calleja

No, no.

Gusto

Gusto

Calleja it is silly to like The Cure!

Calleja

Calleja

Eff that noise, The Cure can really rock, yo.

Gusto

Gusto

Man I don't know the first thing about The Cure.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I would be happier if I were 239,000 miles away from The Cure

ElJuski

ElJuski

ITT: the joke escapes Calleja :(

makare

I hate this thread!! Every time I see it i have to sing the song... and I see it A LOT!!

YOU BASTARDS!

Dei

Dei

To continue the non-patriotic theme..

Element 117

I constantly have to remind myself that is supposedly a reference to Team America, which I still have not seen. :p
news to me. I just walk around saying it.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

America. FUCK YEAH!

That's to the square who neg-repped me for the last post.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

makare

this just feels right.