Export thread

An F1 thread - You crash here so our other guy can win

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Allegations started bubbling a week or two ago that F1 driver Nelson Piquet Jr. was instructed to crash his car at a specific point on track at a specific time so to help "teammate" Fernando Alonso win the Singapore Grand Prix last year.

News this morning that the top two directors of the Renault team, Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds have left the team, and that they will not dispute the allegations. That's tantamount to an admission of guilt.

So what now? The team still has a hearing on the 21st of this month to learn of their fate. It might be the end of the Renault team for this bit of shenanigans.

wana10

the only way renault won't be on the grid next year is if they decide to quit. there is no way f1 will kick out a constructor with bmw already leaving.
also, fuck flavio, f1 doesn't need this shit. it has enough troubles already.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Is all I could think of while reading that article....

Shannow

Shannow

You think about Talledaga Nights a lot, huh?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oddly enough and I don't even own the blasted thing....

Mr_Chaz

There need to be sanctions here, even tough Flavio and the other dude are gone.

They got Piquet to crash a Formula 1 car deliberately. How fucking dangerous is that?!? Such willfully dangerous instructions could have killed people. I now it's been a long time since a death in F1, but that's because people tend to AVOID crashing.

I mean jeezus Renault, these things are speeding death machines. Just because there are safety precautions doesn't make them safe.

If they aren't stripped of all points and fined at least the prize money from last season then the FIA are as big cop outs as UEFA.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This has happened in NASCAR as well. It's deplorable.

Wyrminarrd

My guess is the Renault cut a deal with the FIA that involved blaming the whole thing on Briatori and Pat Symmonds and thos freeing the team from any harsh penalty.

After those two are gone then all three of the parties involved in the "conspiracy" will have left the team and even Fernando Alonso is leaving at the end of the season as well so there isn't much to be gained from punishing Renault.

I agree that with BMW withdrawing from the series the FIA will be very careful not to do anything that might cost them another manufacturer.

My guess is that the team will lose the points it got for that race retroactively in the record books and possibly pay a fine.

Shannow

Shannow

Oddly enough and I don't even own the blasted thing....[/QUOTE]

Magic Man...and EL DIABLO!!!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Something tells me that Kyalami would be Shego's favorite F1 track of all time. I won't go into the gory details here, but the 1977 race was absolutely brutal.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Something tells me that Kyalami would be Shego's favorite F1 track of all time. I won't go into the gory details here, but the 1977 race was absolutely brutal.
And now I have some video to look up soon as I get home! Why thank you! :twisted:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

And now I have some video to look up soon as I get home! Why thank you! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

There's a version of the specific incident where Italian television added extra music and sound effects. It's among the many versions on YouTube. >.<

Singularity.EXE

And now I have some video to look up soon as I get home! Why thank you! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

There's a version of the specific incident where Italian television added extra music and sound effects. It's among the many versions on YouTube. >.<[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, just typing in Kyalami in Youtube automatically populates Kyalami 1977. And seriously, what the fuck were those guys thinking?!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Now you're just teasing me.... :devil:

For your health, I don't recommend keeping down that path.... :vader:

JCM

Allegations started bubbling a week or two ago that F1 driver Nelson Piquet Jr. was instructed to crash his car at a specific point on track at a specific time so to help \"teammate\" Fernando Alonso win the Singapore Grand Prix last year.

News this morning that the top two directors of the Renault team, Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds have left the team, and that they will not dispute the allegations. That's tantamount to an admission of guilt.

So what now? The team still has a hearing on the 21st of this month to learn of their fate. It might be the end of the Renault team for this bit of shenanigans.
Wouldnt be surprised, the Spanish are second only to Argentinians at cheating. Anyway, less competition for Brazil´s Felipe Massa (when he gets better) and Rubens.