Keep your stick on the ice.

Kitty Sinatra

Dear Americans,

Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Yours truly,
Grueby

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Hand over the gold and we'll consider it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Our sticks will spend the night in air celebrating goals, actually.

strawman

strawman

Our sticks will spend the night in air celebrating goals, actually.
I'm pretty sure that Canadians will be so disgusted by their loss tomorrow that they'll burn Vancouver to the ground, and salt the earth just to be sure.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'd like to be the first to congratulate you Americans on your two silver medals in hockey this Olympics.

strawman

strawman

I'd like to be the first to congratulate you Americans on your two silver medals in hockey this Olympics.
Yes, I know you would like to be able to do that, but what you want and what you get are two different things.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Yes, I know you would like to be able to do that, but what you want and what you get are two different things.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad you understand that. It will make tomorrow so much easier for you to cope.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

(Smack talk is fun!)

Deschain

CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW MANY MORE MEDALS WE HAVE.

Troll

Troll

CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW MANY MORE MEDALS WE HAVE.
Shhhhh... they have the most golds.

Deschain

FUNNY HOW THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Congratulations on your many, many, many third places. Our flag must look like its raised even higher from all the way down there.

darkangel6988

LOL.........this thread is awesome....On that note...

GO CANADA GO ! hahahah!

Deschain

I'LL SEE YOUR PETTY 4 GOLD AND RAISE YOU 7 SILVER AND 8 BRONZE. OH WAIT, YOU'RE THE HOSTING COUNTRY RIGHT?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'LL SEE YOUR PETTY 4 GOLD AND RAISE YOU 7 SILVER AND 8 BRONZE. OH WAIT, YOU'RE THE HOSTING COUNTRY RIGHT?
My point exactly. Good job at not actually winning events.

Deschain

ITT: We imply you can only succeed if you're first.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ITT: We imply you can only succeed if you're first.
ITT: we take friendly smack talk seriously.

Seriously. I'm only kidding around, and I THOUGHT you were too, but apparently you're getting offended so I'll stop and actually say something meant at face value:

Both of our countries are performing great. Canada has smashed its old Winter Olympic record, and tied the worldwide record for most golds. Under no definition is this not something to be happy about, or to take pride in our athletes for. Likewise, America has blown past Canada on home soil to take home more podium finishes, and even if they are not first place finishes, it can't be argued that the USA is outperforming literally ALL of the competition.

So long as you aren't against national pride, both countries have exceptional reason to be very proud.

And as far as the hockey game tonight, regardless which country wins*, I don't think anyone can say that what was supposed to happen didn't happen. The two BEST teams in the tournament are the two teams battling it out for gold, and its going to be a great game for fans from both sides of the 49th to watch.

*(Canada)

Deschain

ITT: Apparently one sentence quips are serious, but paragraphs are not.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ITT: Apparently one sentence quips are serious, but paragraphs are not.
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to be making fun of Canada, not me.

Also the paragraph WAS serious, that was the whole point of it.

Jay

Jay

Don't the Americans have a lot more athletes entered in the games compared to other countries?

Anyways, I'm not huge for the selection of players of the Canadian team but I still hope we win Gold.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Don't the Americans have a lot more athletes entered in the games compared to other countries?

Anyways, I'm not huge for the selection of players of the Canadian team but I still hope we win Gold.
They also pay their athletes.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Actually the team isn't much larger than the Canadian one. I read it was 215 athletes on the American team, 211 on the Canadian one.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Fuck Canada. USA USA USA

blotsfan

blotsfan

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think we have a chance against canada. There is no way we can- oh wait a second...

USA! USA! USA!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, it's funny how many of these games have come down to basically being who's fucking up or who's being a brick wall in net.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Honestly, Miller is the only reason I have any real insecurities about our impending win this afternoon.

Last time, we outshot you 44-18. This time we'll double it. He'll tire eventually.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Fuck Canada. USA USA USA
We love you too, Juice!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

To all of our Canadian fans and supporters:

ElJuski

ElJuski

USA

Deschain

A Canadian quoted by USA Today - "America has 10 times the number of people as Canada, so they should win 10 times the medals."

Canadian logic at its finest.

strawman

strawman

Yeah, Canada's totally gonna win:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

A Canadian quoted by USA Today - "America has 10 times the number of people as Canada, so they should win 10 times the medals."

Canadian logic at its finest.
*Facepalm*

Norway has the most medals over all the Olympics, and it has a population less than 1/7th that of Canada.

Still not half as stupid as the quotes Rick Mercer gets out of Americans though.

Anyway, I'm going to go shower now and head into the school to do some animation, then watch the game with a bunch of other students in the stairwell. I'll see you guys later, after we win our gold medal. :p

Have a good one guys, hope you can still enjoy the game cheering for the losing team.

strawman

strawman

Maybe this guy can help:

Huh, even he can see the truth.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I think that's what makes the silver medal in these events worse than the bronze. You win the bronze after winning your last game. Ecstatic moment even for 3rd place. The silver only comes after a crushing loss.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Maybe this guy can help:

Huh, even he can see the truth.
HA HA HA HA, oh shit!

And we're the ones who can't see truth.

Krisken

Krisken

To Canadians and Americans- The road to this battle on ice has been long and difficult, filled with successes and which culminated into this epic showdown. No matter who turns out to be the victor, I wish the greatest in sportsmanship and honor for both teams.

To Canada specifically- No matter what happens, you'll always be the best hat a country could ask for. :laugh:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Still not half as stupid as the quotes Rick Mercer gets out of Americans though.
Well, America has ten times the people as canada, so we should have 10x as dumb quotes. ;)

Roxxoredizorz

Well, just think, the more silver medals you have, the better you are at being the best loser. That's all those silver medals are saying...

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

The reason America's Hat won't win gold in hockey is because they have no idea what it means to fight for something. i.e. their independence.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

The reason America's Hat won't win gold in hockey is because they have no idea what it means to fight for something. i.e. their independence.
Well, neither do you really, the French did the hard part for you.

ElJuski

ElJuski

USA OWNS

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well, neither do you really, the French did the hard part for you.[/QUOTE]

but at least we all agree Canada is USA's hat

Krisken

Krisken

Well, neither do you really, the French did the hard part for you.[/QUOTE]

but at least we all agree Canada is USA's hat[/QUOTE]
As Robin Williams said: "It's like a loft apartment above a really great party."

darkangel6988

Let The game begin folks !!!!!!!!!! We shall see in a couple hours who has the last laugh in this thread !

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Do you believe in miracles? YES!

darkangel6988

Do you believe in miracles? YES!
I BELIEVE ! lol

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Boo Canada Boo canada, Boo Canada!

darkangel6988

HE SHOOTS ...........HE SCORES! wooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo lol !

U should join us in HALCHAT in the hockey room :D

General Specific

General Specific

Yes, join the Goldmageddon Chatapalooza!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

USA USA USA USA! (Also Halchat)

@Li3n

@Li3n

USA USA USA USA! (Also Halchat)
CAN-A-DA, CAN-A-DA, CAN-A-DA!!!!

Gusto

Gusto

:D

Jay

Jay

FUCK USA! :)

Gusto

Gusto

HOORAY EVERYONE

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah what up!

Gold!

I'm feeling good.

strawman

strawman

Good game guys, good game. (I didn't get to watch, but I heard how it ended, exciting! How hockey should go.)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Good game guys, good game. (I didn't get to watch, but I heard how it ended, exciting! How hockey should go.)
It really was.

darkangel6988

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alucard

Damn it Canada damn it damn it damn it.
-----------------------------------
Awesome game though. Just that gold medal damit it.

'falls to the ground in the pouring rain shouting, "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!"

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just heard from a former classmate that Avril Lavigne and Nickelback are performing at the Closing Ceremonies. If this is true, I'd like to apologize on behalf of my entire country.

I'm really, really, REEEEEALLY sorry.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I just heard from a former classmate that Avril Lavigne and Nickelback are performing at the Closing Ceremonies. If this is true, I'd like to apologize on behalf of my entire country.

OH GODDAMNIT

THE FUCK

JEEZ

Gusto

Gusto

Aw dang.

General Specific

General Specific

No, you'll have to give back the Hockey gold now.

Troll

Troll

What I find most interesting about this statement is that you would use that argument, no matter what the truth was. If the roles were reversed and Canada had the most medals, but the US had the most gold, you would say the same thing.

Lighten up, dude.

On topic: That was one heckuva game! I think both teams should be proud.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

:(

Alucard

But seriously good game though.

We have to invade you now.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Christ, I can tolerate Nickelback, but Simple Plan? Fuuuuuuuuck no. I didn't even know they were still a... thing. I thought they faded away.

Rob King

Rob King

That was an incredible game. I know I'm a bit late to the thread, but I spent the entire night at a local sports bar. The entire room pretty much shat it's pants when the US tied it up 2-2. There was weeping involved. That overtime was probably the most tense thing I've witnessed in a long time ...

There's a reason I don't normally get this into Hockey. It's bad for my heart.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

That was an incredible game. I know I'm a bit late to the thread, but I spent the entire night at a local sports bar. The entire room pretty much shat it's pants when the US tied it up 2-2. There was weeping involved. That overtime was probably the most tense thing I've witnessed in a long time ...

There's a reason I don't normally get this into Hockey. It's bad for my heart.
Yeah dude, it was the same in the detachment. We all crowded around the TV hoping there wouldn't be any calls (there were a couple, and we rock, paper, scissored over them, I won mine!) and I swear, bullets were almost fired at the TV during the last 20 seconds.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Didn't watch it, but just heard. Congratulations! :)

Rob King

Rob King

But seriously good game though.

We have to invade you now.
It's cool. I had declared that if we lost, we would have to burn down that White House of yours again. It only seems fair that you get to torch Ottawa. Give us a few hours, and I can have some disgruntled Newfies over to help :p

Rob King

Rob King

My local radio station just informed me that Obama and Harper had a friendly bet going over the outcome of last night's game: the loser would buy the winner a case of beer.

The radio show then went on to point out that that's a pretty soft bet. As an alternative, they suggested that maybe Obama should have put up Minnesota against Nova Scotia or something.

Something to consider. Or at least beef up your bets. Shave your head or something. You might be high profile politicians, but a case of beer is far too low key.

Kitty Sinatra

Obama should have put up Minnesota
I don't think he could have done that, though. He already bet me North Dakota.

Rob King

Rob King

Someone just posted this to Facebook, which I thought was funny.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Someone just posted this to Facebook, which I thought was funny.
That might just be the first time Shaun Majunder has made me laugh since I was like 7 and he was on Uh Oh.