Export thread

Anniversary Present for the wife

Dave

Dave

Tomorrow is my 17th wedding anniversary. I have no idea what to get my wife. Money isn't an object but I have no ideas. Flowers? Lame. Candy? Uh....no. Last year I got her an electronic picture frame so she could upload her pictures. She has turned it on once.

Ideas, people! Please?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Have you asked her?

Hylian

Hylian

Bacon Roses!

Cajungal

Cajungal

What about a certificate for a massage or a facial or something like that?

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

What about a certificate for a massage or a facial or something like that?
This is good, get her a full day package at a salon. I assume she would love a day of pampering.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

A dry cat! :biggrin:

Dave

Dave

Or, you know, the opposite!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

But, I thought you would want to get her something different?

Dave

Dave

I think I'm going to get her this:

DIAMOND STRESS RELIEF PACKAGE - OUR BEST VALUE!

Finally, a day at the spa for ULTIMATE STRESS RELIEF! This premium package includes a 60 Minute Stress Relief Massage... smoothing out full body tension... our FAMOUS Stress Relief Facial... rejuvenating your skin... a luxurious Pevonia Eye Mask Treatment and a Hot Stone Manicure and Pedicure for stressed fingers and toes. You will leave the spa looking, and feeling your absolute best!

5 hours
$325. After this is goes $500 or more. I love her but God damn!

Hylian

Hylian

I think you and Dave are on different meanings for the word "cat" here

Cajungal

Cajungal

YAY! Did I save the day??? Tell me I saved the day! I need this this morning.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

*reads Rep*

^_^ yaay

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I think you and Dave are on different meanings for the word "cat" here
OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! Well then, I guess that would be different, huh? :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Or, you know, the opposite![/QUOTE]

A wet dog? But they smell bad, Dave.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas by Year

The gift from a man to his wife should always be the 6th anniversary gift... Wood.

bhamv3

bhamv3

A Halforums account.

Dave

Dave

A Halforums account.
She's....not impressed. She thinks this is a total waste of time and money.

Joe Johnson

Do NOT answer any ads for a "free facial".

According to this, furniture is the 17th wedding anniversary gift:

Wedding anniversary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our anniversary is the same month as my wife's birthday, and my daughter's birthday. That's a lot of potential "I'm in trouble" holidays in one month.

Dirona

Dirona

I've been married less than a year - so take this as you will. I like the massage idea, but it might be better coming from you - go to the library/internet, read up, buy some oil (in a scent you know she would like), turn on the music, dim the lights etc etc - and spend some time pampering her yourself! (Cheaper too... and it would probably mean more.)

Good luck!

Dave

Dave

I've been married less than a year - so take this as you will. I like the massage idea, but it might be better coming from you - go to the library/internet, read up, buy some oil (in a scent you know she would like), turn on the music, dim the lights etc etc - and spend some time pampering her yourself! (Cheaper too... and it would probably mean more.)

Good luck!
She can get a massage from me any time she wants. But this is for her alone and she knows it's just not my trying to butter her up (or oil as the case may be) to get some nookie.

But I like the way you think!

phil

phil

A night painting the town red? Maybe there's some show you could take her to.

Dave

Dave

Well.....um....I have to work. She's driving with me to DJ a wedding reception in a very small town about 2 hours outside of Omaha. We have a motel room and after the gig gets done at midnight we're going back there and then will drive back home in the morning.

Whee.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I like the stress relief package idea.

phil

phil

Well.....um....I have to work. She's driving with me to DJ a wedding reception in a very small town about 2 hours outside of Omaha. We have a motel room and after the gig gets done at midnight we're going back there and then will drive back home in the morning.

Whee.[/QUOTE]

So you're two steps ahead of me, I see.

makare

make sure she likes massages though or that would be a huge waste of money.

Wasabi Poptart

Jewelry

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

And vodka.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, I never think of jewelry,because I don't like it personally. That might also be nice though. :)

phil

phil

Combine all of the suggestions into one ultra gift.

FIRST you take her to a nice dinner, followed by a show that YOU are actually the DJ for because you made a playlist with all of your love makin' songs. After that, the spa, where she'll receive the works treatment, but what's this? YOU ARE THE MASSEUSE!

After that a night at a hotel full of furniture that now belongs to her. Enjoy a night in a jacuzzi full of vodka before returning to the room where the furniture is now diamonds!

then sell this to old spice and become a better looking dude to really pull this off right.

evilmike

evilmike

Whee.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything romantic in, near, or not a big detour on the way back from this small town? If there is nothing pressing the next day, it sounds like the morning after your DJ gig would be a great time to go somewhere nice as a surprise.

Wasabi Poptart

Man, I never think of jewelry,because I don't like it personally. That might also be nice though. :)
I only think of it as gifts for other people. I have gotten jewelry as a gift myself, and it is nice, but it isn't something I ask for.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I only think of it as gifts for other people. I have gotten jewelry as a gift myself, and it is nice, but it isn't something I ask for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. I have some very nice pieces that I wear on special occasions, and I wouldn't have thought to A) buy them or B) ask. A couple of family friends who own a jewelry shop here gave me a gorgeous black pearl necklace for my graduation, and it looks nice with almost everything.

crono1224

A halforum account and give her a kitty.

tegid

tegid

I support the stress relief thingy, rather than jewelry!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

A Halforums account.
She's....not impressed. She thinks this is a total waste of time and money.[/QUOTE]

Pfft. There goes my plan to give her a free copy of my first published book, if/when that happens.

Also, I think that super mega ultra massage package thing sounds great.

crono1224

Give her a coupon for one free 'dave massage' add at the bottom "valued at 900$"

Element 117

Shut the forum down/make the users pay for it for three months. Use the money you save to boost your retirement account savings and then show her the earnings.

Or you know, spend a grand on a spa treatment for her.

crono1224

Don't give him any good ideas.

Chazwozel

Have this delivered to your door:

Jiarn

Why? Does she wear boxers?

crono1224

You know whats good present for an anniversary representing the connection of two people? Sex with another person.

Dave

Dave

Couple of notes...

I gave it to her last night and she was thrilled....and a little pissed I spent $325 when all she got me was a $20 cake. She did get us a new set of rings, but she knows how much I hate jewelry so it was more for her than me. The we drove out of town for the gig.

The gig fucking rocked ass. I rule like you would not believe. But there were a couple things wrong with it. First, the place had so many doors that people were going in and out all night. It must have been 90 degrees in there. The alcohol was very expensive so Kerri didn't drink that much. We had the money, but when you've been poor for so long you still look at stuff like that. There was a polka band that played the first half of the night so I couldn't set up on the stage so I had to put up a table in front of it which was weird. The entire place was loaded with people so I ended up loading my stuff in through the crowd. Since I couldn't just use my cart, I had to lift everything over my head to not hit the guests. 5 trips of bulky DJ gear was pretty good for an old guy.

At the end of the night the bride and her family sang a Happy Anniversary song to my wife and I. Even though Kerri was bored she looked great and we had fun. Then we got back to the hotel room and slept. We both slept horribly and when we got back home today at about 11 or so we went back to bed and both slept until 2.

Tonight we're eating $20 cake.

It was a good weekend.

Dave

Dave

I asked her about the gig before I took it. She said it would be okay because it was in the town of Fullerton, NE where her family is from. So we visited her grandparent's graves & looked around the old stomping grounds. We never have a chance to go there as it's 2 hours away.

Wasabi Poptart

I gave it to her last night and she was thrilled....
:awesome:

Dave

Dave

we were too tired for sex. we just went right to sleep. yay 17 years of bliss.