Export thread

Any bored artist want to try to help me out?

Shannow

Shannow

I have an idea I want for my next tattoo...but unfortunately, about the best thing I can draw is a stick figure. I know what I want it to be, and am just wondering if there are any bored decent artists kickin around here.

Also, mods, if this should go to the art sub-forum, please move.

Andromache

a description might help?

@Li3n

@Li3n

I have an idea I want for my next tattoo...but unfortunately, about the best thing I can draw is a stick figure.
Go with the stick figure then...

ElJuski

ElJuski

Ill doodle the shit out of your body.

Shannow

Shannow

Well, its for my upper left arm. And a bit detailed/complicated. What I am thinking is I want a decaying corpse climbing up out of the earth, holding a black lantern forth, that has the Black lantern symbol inside shining out. All in black/greys.

Something I can have taken in to get done/redone/touched up by an artist at the shop, but at least an idea on paper so the guys dont look at me and have nothing to go by.

Yes, I am a nerd.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If that comes to be a bit much, jsut a skeletal/zombie arm only holding the same said lantern above out.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hmm... If I have a moment (I'm working my ass off with my MA Thesis), I'll see what I can come up with, sketch-wise.

Shannow

Shannow

Thanks for any who can help!

Zappit

Zappit

Hmm, I don't know about going with a Black Lantern symbol - might regret that decision later. However, the skull stuff - Zap can do that.

You probably don't want the tattoo artist doing all that stippling, though. I'd have to doodle something a bit simpler.

cvgurau

I can sketch something out, but if you're looking for something really detailed, life-like, and intricate (a finished, or nearly-finished drawing, which would likely take hours), I have to say, I don't think any artist would do it for free, at least, no artist who would produce something you'd like enough to have tattooed on. It's not that they wouldn't want to; I've had professors (well, a professor) say that you should never do anything for free, because it devalues your work.

It depends on the level of completion you're looking for, I suppose. =/

I'll give it a(n albeit quick) shot; if you have any more details, or any reference images that would help get across what you're looking for a bit more specifically, PM those. Or post them here. Whatever.

fade

fade

No.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Well that was helplful and completely worth taking the time to post eh? :eyeroll:

fade

fade

Well that was helplful and completely worth taking the time to post eh? :eyeroll:
It answered the question, didn't it? I can't think of anything more helpful to do to a question than answer it.

Andromache

I do think you should offer to pay whatever artist agrees at least $10.

Shannow

Shannow

Actually, I think I am all set at this point. Thanks anyways, guys.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

If I ever get a tattoo, it's probably going to be something like this.

Source

Andromache

i am all for you getting a no hotlinking tattoo

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Strange, it shows up on mine. Let me try and rehost it somewhere.

Shannow

Shannow

Well, there is are a couple good local places here. hell, one guy did one of the punisher covers and it turned out pretty god with the detail and shading.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The board doesn't seem to want me to edit the post, so I'll just repost it with an imageshack location instead.

Source

Andromache

chocophoenix

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I also like the Magicarp one in that gallery too.

Jake

Jake

Get a life-sized tattoo of yourself, only taller.

(apologies to Stephen Wright)

Shakey

Shakey

I knew a guy who got giant tattoo of himself chiseling himself out of a block of stone on his back. He said it was because he was a self made man.