Any forumites in/around new york?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callistarya and I are flying into New York Kennedy Airport in next weekend (10 days!) and we have a 6 hour layover on our way to Ireland.

Anyone in the area wanna hang out, have a beer, and maybe show us a good place to eat? :)

C

Chazwozel

Callistarya and I are flying into New York Kennedy Airport in next weekend (10 days!) and we have a 6 hour layover on our way to Ireland.

Anyone in the area wanna hang out, have a beer, and maybe show us a good place to eat? :)

I work in downtown Philly if you want to take the Amtrak down and have a good cheesesteak. It's about an hour ride on the Keystone line from Penn Station, NY (times square) to 33th Street station in Philly.

L

LordRavage

Hhhmm 6 hours...is that enough time to hop into Manhattan and drink youself silly before heading over to the emerald isle? Cuz if so, then the finace and myself would love to hang.

The extra part is that we are in love with ireland and plan to go. Would love to hear of places to visit and the sites to see. :)

If you are serious...we must talk. :)

*Edit- Which weekend are we talking? This weekend (7/10) or next weekend (7/17)? I ask because this weekend we are booked but if it is next weekend we should be good.:)

C

Chazwozel

Weekend of the 17th.

Philly might be too far :( , but from what i can see, manhattan might be doable. :)

While the flight has a 6 hour layover, we don't actually have 6 hours to kill. We have to pass through customs in JFK, and they recommend 2 hours for that. So, really, we only have 3-4 hours to kill, which has to include any travel time.
Oh, ok. Well in that case. If I find out if I'll be in Lynbrook that weekend, I'll throw you up a PM.

C

Chazwozel

2 more days :)

Word. And unfortunately Tin, I will not be around in NYC this weekend. But! I know an awesome place for pizza near the airport. Actually there are a number of really good restaurants along
Sunrise Highway, which runs along the belt parkway, you can just take the airport train to the Lynbrook station, and grab a taxi from their. Shouldn't be more than a 2 hour adventure total time, and you'll get great pizza.

If you're from out of town, to be honest, one pizza place is going to taste as good as the next. My suggestion is to find the closest Itallian joint and grab a slice. You won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.