Export thread

Any one know where I can get a price estimate on some action figures?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

My family and I just spent the better part of a week cleaning out our crawlspace, throwing away about 25 years worth of crap. However, I noticed that I still had my giant tubs full of Star Trek action figures and after about a days thought, I realized they didn't really mean that much to me anymore and that its probably time to sell them off. However, I really don't know much about pricing these.

Just to get a few facts out there:
- It's a mix of the normal sized figures, the 12-inch tall ones, props (phaser, tricorder), and ships. I also have a bunch of the micro-sized ships that came on stands.
- These are all outside of the boxes. I bought these to play with as a kid and that's what I did with them.
- I have almost all of their accessories, but no way of knowing which goes to who.
- Conditions on them are actually pretty good, considering they are 16 years old at the least and had been played with.
- I'm willing to go pretty low on these. They are just taking up space and I'm more interested in passing them on to someone who wants them than with making a lot of money off them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Local comic book store that may deal in figures, or just donate to women/children's shelter and take a tax write off.

16 years ago puts them in the high period of production and numbers are gonna be huge on how many are still in packages.

Chibibar

The only thing I can think of (since they are out of the box) you could bunch them together in groups and sell it on eBay.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The only thing I can think of (since they are out of the box) you could bunch them together in groups and sell it on eBay.
Yeah, but that doesn't help me price them, which is the problem.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

You could try asking around at your local pawn shops... some of them can be surprisingly knowledgeable about the most random stuff...